Hello folks!
This is my first post, so pl be kind & patient.

I'm looking for parking Rs.15-25L in Bangalore Realty, only for investment purposes.
Priorities being:

(1) Excellent appreciation
(2) Ease of resale
(3) Within time horizon of 3-5 years
(4) Open for Plots, Flats, Prelaunch/resale/new-deed
(5) Max investment of up to Rs.25L
(6) Preference: Reputed Developers

Please recommend.
Thanks in advance!
Read more
11 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Save your troubles and invest in good mutual fund.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Ranger
    Save your troubles and invest in good mutual fund.

Hello Ranger,
    Either you're being sarcastic or sincere.

In the first case, you could have just saved your own trouble of typing this reply.
    Not everyone will have a crore to invest and trust me, they don't need replies like these! Christ's sake, have a heart (or just pretend to have one)!

In case you're being sincere & suggesting me to invest unto 25L in Mutual Funds, i don't find that's a wise advice to be given to anyone in this volatile market.

Anyway, thanks for your super valuable time taken to comment on a sincere question which I thought would have been answered by experts.

FYI, I've shortlisted 3 villa / Gated-Community projects, in/around Bangalore, by reputed builders.
    & yes, well within the budget mentioned here. With a bit of research it was feasible to find these!
    So, thank you all for your views and replies!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by RuuOnGo
    Hello Ranger,
    Either you're being sarcastic or sincere.

In the first case, you could have just saved your own trouble of typing this reply.
    Not everyone will have a crore to invest and trust me, they don't need replies like these! Christ's sake, have a heart (or just pretend to have one)!

In case you're being sincere & suggesting me to invest unto 25L in Mutual Funds, i don't find that's a wise advice to be given to anyone in this volatile market.

Anyway, thanks for your super valuable time taken to comment on a sincere question which I thought would have been answered by experts.

FYI, I've shortlisted 3 villa / Gated-Community projects, in/around Bangalore, by reputed builders.
    & yes, well within the budget mentioned here. With a bit of research it was feasible to find these!
    So, thank you all for your views and replies!

Hey its your money. This holds good for wheather you're invest 25l or 1cr.

If you think RE is not volatile in the current scenario, then you must've been living under a rock.

If the investment horizon in 3yrs.. keep it in FD.

If you're looking at 10+yrs look at MF.

RE for me is always and will be for self-use & not investment.

Good luck with ur investments!
    CommentQuote
  • (1) Excellent appreciation : North Bangalore
    (2) Ease of resale : 2x ( Healthy Returns)
    (3) Within time horizon of 3-5 years : Minimum 4 years.
    (4) Open for Plots, Flats, Prelaunch/resale/new-deed : Suggest you to look for Plot Projects.
    (5) Max investment of up to Rs.25L : Plot projects in urban areas around bangalore are suitable for 25L investments.
    (6) Preference: Reputed Developers : Upkar estates , Provident and VBHC (Value Budget Housing Development Corporation)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by jayanths
    (1) Excellent appreciation : North Bangalore
    (2) Ease of resale : 2x ( Healthy Returns)
    (3) Within time horizon of 3-5 years : Minimum 4 years.
    (4) Open for Plots, Flats, Prelaunch/resale/new-deed : Suggest you to look for Plot Projects.
    (5) Max investment of up to Rs.25L : Plot projects in urban areas around bangalore are suitable for 25L investments.
    (6) Preference: Reputed Developers : Upkar estates , Provident and VBHC (Value Budget Housing Development Corporation)

Thank you JayanthS.
    I was thinking on the same lines.
    Appreciate your response.
    CommentQuote
  • North may not be an wise option for 3-5 years

Investment in North can take a minimum of decade.

Example : Elite rose 2000 in 2011 - still 2400

Orchid Nirvana, 1900 in 2013, 1950 in 2015

Vijayapura Road 2011/ 2012 - 1200, 2015 - same 1200
    CommentQuote
  • RuuOnGo; I am planning in similar lines what you are looking for - do you mind sharing some best areas / properties which you have short listed so far.
    CommentQuote
  • Bangalore : Best Areas to Buy Land in a Budget of Rs 25Lac

It would be great if you could provide some rationale for your recommendation.
    Need to sell in 3-5yrs
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,

You can try in Chickballapur 60KMS from Bangalore North and 30 KMs from BIAL.

Good thing about investment here are listed below.

For the investment of 25 lakhs you get large land parcel.

Slow and sure appreciation since Bangalore is getting pricy year by year .

Due to NH 7 good proximity to Bangalore, you can reach Bangalore in 1-2 hr depending on your car and speed.

in 5 years your investment gets doubled.

Let me know if it helps!

Regards
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ragavan123
    in 5 years your investment gets doubled.

5 years double would be a CAGR of 15%. Now if you consider registration fees, lawyer fees, broker fees, travel expenses, misc expenses, the figure would drop to around 12%.

Is it really worth the pain? A decent mutual fund will most likely give you more than 12% CAGR. Am just giving you a different perspective if you think real estate is the best investment option available.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sgeorge
    5 years double would be a CAGR of 15%. Now if you consider registration fees, lawyer fees, broker fees, travel expenses, misc expenses, the figure would drop to around 12%.

Is it really worth the pain? A decent mutual fund will most likely give you more than 12% CAGR. Am just giving you a different perspective if you think real estate is the best investment option available.

Is it really worth the pain? YES! Its is.

Secondly, when the markets crash the average returns generally hover below inflation or barely match it. People do a convenient job of saying 'Invest in a mutual fund' by averaging non-crash periods, Which are those periods in the future they don't mention. And even if they do, they rely on past trends which are very unlikely to be true later. No answer if we ask them the next wildly profitable mutual fund.

No body knows what are those stocks, funds etc which are likely to give those magical 15% returns YoY. Unless you have a crystal ball you can gaze into the future, its not possible to make those predictions reliably and you portfolio will never be large enough that you can successfully hedge the whole market.
    CommentQuote