Bangalore has the reputation of being the most expensive city when it comes to hotel tariff as the rooms are in short supply.The tag may end soon as the IT city is likely to add more hotels in the next six months to two years.
About 1,000 rooms are likely to be added in the next half year which are likely to bring down the average room rates (ARR) which are now among the highest in the world.
The hotels which may kick off shortly include one by the company owned by industrialist N R Shetty while Radisson would make a soft launch of its property at the Information Technology Park Limited.
Several other hotels both in the 3-5 star and budget hotel category would come up in the next one year.
"The government is aware of the shortage of rooms and accordingly we are allowing more hotels and serviced apartments to come up in the city. We are also aware that the inflow of business and tourist traffic into the city will sharply increase after the opening of the international airport in11 months", Murthy remarked.

Interestingly, Bangalore accounts for more than half of the business travelers to India —51 per cent of them land in Bangalore compared to the other cities ! Also, of the overall hotel rooms’ demand, IT and IT-enabled services account for up to 50per cent of these business executives. The ARR in the premium segment currently was Rs13,366 per night compared to ARR of Rs 11,280 last year.However, top-end premium hotels charge anywhere between Rs 14,000-20,000 per night.
While there are 2,500rooms in the premium segment currently in the city,in the pipeline are 27 hotels aggregating close to 6,000rooms, which according to Lodging Econometrics, a global hotel real estate authority,is India’s largest concentration of rooms in the pipeline,says Murthy.In the next five years, Bangalore will see addition of about3,000 premium rooms.

New hotels
The new hotels under construction are: Hilton on Ulsoor Road (300 rooms), Marriott at UB City (250), Radisson (350), Shangri La (three premium hotels),three properties by ITC at Rs 1,000crore investment including Gardenia (230 deluxe rooms) and a 500 room property at Frazer Town, Sheraton Bangalore (250 rooms) by Brigade Gateway,a Taj property at Yeshwantpur (350rooms) etc.A 750-room hotel would come up with full conference facility on a 35-acre land near the Devanahalli airport in two years. Oberoi L&T will set up a 321-room hotel at the airport.
Apart from these, there are other hotel chains which have already bought land or are in the process of tying up lose ends to construct hotels in Bangalore. They are Berggruen Hotels, Clarion,Country Inn, Bird Group Dusit Hotels of Thailand,Mantri Developers, Morgan Stanley Real Estate, Residency Group, the Image Group, Accor-Emaar MGF,Ramda brand of Wyndham Hotels along with Royal Orchid,Four Seasons etc.
Read more
1 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Thank you so much for sharing such a detailed information about hotels in Bangalore.I really love this city specially the hotel services are really good here.When recently i visited Bangalore i stayed at lemon tree ulsoor road and i must say their services are just a world class.
    CommentQuote