Last updated: September 8 2010
11 | Posts
3053 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions: 3500/SqFt at Madambakkam, Chennai

Hi,
    whats is the going rate in flats in Madipakkam..I am being offered a price of 3500/sqft .Its a pvtly owned builder .I did not go to the site yet.
    Its very clse to madipakkam koor Road
    .Suggestions please
    Thanks
    juking

Re : Suggestions: 3500/SqFt at Madambakkam, Chennai

Originally posted by JUKING View Post
    Hi,
    whats is the going rate in flats in Madipakkam..I am being offered a price of 3500/sqft .Its a pvtly owned builder .I did not go to the site yet.
    Its very clse to madipakkam koor Road
    .Suggestions please
    Thanks
    juking
    it is the current rate there

Comment

Given an apartment with size 1000 sq. ft of 2-3 bed room will cost around 35,00,000, excluding other charges like Registration etc.,

As per OruAcre.com, it is bit in correct range. However, it can be negotiated down little bit to range to Rs.3000 per sqft. All the Best!

Comment

The apt is in the second floor but there is no lift.There are g+2 flrs
        Would it be a incovenience?Is that a second choice for buyers?Would it be too hot in summer?What do you guys think?

Comment

The apt is in the second floor but there is no lift.There are g+2 flrs
          Would it be a incovenience?Is that a second choice for buyers?Would it be too hot in summer?What do you guys think?

Hei Juking,
          Two floors is not difficult to walk up daily..however if you have elderly people in your family you must certainly think again. Also loading/unloading furniture and other household items will be a bit of a constraint.

Regarding the room temperature..it all depends on the kind of insulation provided by the builder and also the kind of ventilation provided across. But in general Chennai heat is very much immune to any such coating.

I would recommend you look out for possibly other opportunities in and around..may be 1-2 KM nearby...bczz when you purchase a house I'm sure you want to feel the coziness !! So why not try a little more.

Good Luck !!

-vineet.

Comment

Plot price Madipakkam

How about ground rate at Madipakkam on one of side roads of Medavakkam high road? Say, Ayyappan koil street or near by?

And whats the price for flats in those areas?

Considering the land price, what I feel is 3500 is reasonable. What say?

Comment

Madipakkam Hmmm...I have my doubt

Dear Friends,
              Just to share my thoughts on madipakkam. I had known this place for the past 22 years or so. It is a blue collared locality with absolutely no infrastructure development. Roads are crowded and too many encroachments on the main road and pavements. Sorry... there are not such thing called pavement in madipakkam. Investing 35 odd lakhs here definitely needs a rethinking.

Warm regards
              ganesan

Comment

ganesan1972,
                I guess you are talking about the tale of 3 years back. Did you visit Madipakkam lately?
                I see all big shops opening up there. Reliance, More etc and now MegaMart. I think it will become another Velachery.
                3 years back I too hated the place to the core. The medavakkam high road was a hell. Now the encroachments are removed on both sides and road extended and being extended. Medians are being laid.
                When I went there last week, I really felt that I missed an opportunity to buy a plot that was suggested to me 3 years back.
                Infact, from last week onwards, along with Tambaram-velachery road area, I'm considering this place to for my property hunt.

Comment

juking
                  Last week I enquired the plot rates around sabar salai, koot road.
                  Ground rate is 70L. This around 100 ft from main road. If you go further inside, you can get ground for 50L.
                  If it is near main road, plot rate per sq ft comes to 2900.
                  Considering this, apartment rate of 3500/sft is less. (I would say, very less)
                  Can you please share which builder and contact details?

Comment

Shops dont maketh a place !

Mr Iamswift,

It is my opinion that big shopping malls dont make a place conducive for living. Can anyone of us imagine living in ranganathan street, T nagar. We need calm and quiet place for living and in my opinion madipakkam is far from that. At the end of the day, it is your personal call.

warm regards
                    ganesan

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X