Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Are The Deviations in CMDA approved Plan?

Collapse
X
Collapse

What Are The Deviations in CMDA approved Plan?

Last updated: June 9 2017
6 | Posts
2729 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Are The Deviations in CMDA approved Plan?

I bought a plot from a developer 5 years back. At the time off purchase I only verified the cmda approval validity for the layout as a whole and left out on checking specific details about the plot I was buying. Now I realize that my plot though has been registered as a 60 X 40 plot The cmda approval plan only mentions 11 meters width as against 12 mts required for 40 ft. The adjacent area being park, one meter from that has been used. This is the same case with the plot behind mine. While I am assured by the promoter time and again that it is not a problem, I want to get it confirmed if there will be no issues in future. When I see the cmda approval for most layouts, the corner plots are deprived of a small area a part of which is given to the road. But thats not what is mentioned in the layout plan and it is registered as a 60 X40. Is this considered a deviation? Should I apply for correction of my plot plan. Will I be deprived of the 1 mt of my plot?

Re : What Are The Deviations in CMDA approved Plan?

Originally posted by lauvshree View Post
    I bought a plot from a developer 5 years back. At the time off purchase I only verified the cmda approval validity for the layout as a whole and left out on checking specific details about the plot I was buying. Now I realize that my plot though has been registered as a 60 X 40 plot The cmda approval plan only mentions 11 meters width as against 12 mts required for 40 ft. The adjacent area being park, one meter from that has been used. This is the same case with the plot behind mine. While I am assured by the promoter time and again that it is not a problem, I want to get it confirmed if there will be no issues in future. When I see the cmda approval for most layouts, the corner plots are deprived of a small area a part of which is given to the road. But thats not what is mentioned in the layout plan and it is registered as a 60 X40. Is this considered a deviation? Should I apply for correction of my plot plan. Will I be deprived of the 1 mt of my plot?
    the land(plot) shown in the approval plan is the land owned by the promoter all other areas viz park,road and splay(corner)given are transferred to the local body and hence cannot/should not be bought or sold.

generally when u go for approval the least extent of land in the document,patta,and site is taken as the actual extent.

ask the promoter to get you a building plan sanction with the 40x60 size,
    it will add some cost but if sanctioned then you are safe.

Comment

I'm about to buy a plot from a developer. The plot measures about 1720 Sq. ft (40',45',40',41'), whereas in approved sketch of the layout (dated 1993) shows the measurements as 2180 sqft. (40',55,40',54'). And as per calculations total deviations in the layout is about -4.1% (i.e. about 4.1% area is lesser available in actual compared to approved layout). Kindly advise whether to go ahead with the purchase or to hold

Comment

There are 5 main factors to be considered before buying a CMDA approved pertaining with respect to area and dimensions:-

1. The plot dimensions mentioned in the CMDA approved plan to be verified
        2. Plot area and dimensions mentioned in commercial plan of the layout promoter
        3. Physical measurement of the Plot.
        4. Patta for the Plot -- (not applicable if its new layout)
        5. FMB of the Plot--(not applicable if its new layout)

All the above dimensions and area should be same.

In Cases where the measurement varies:- the lowest measurement will prevail.

with regard to all corner Plots there will be SPLAY along the road for turning radius. This area is not saleable. In normal scenario the measurement of SPLAY will be 5ft * 5 ft to an area of 12.5 sqft .which is non saleable.

Comment

• chinna8046
          chinna8046 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you very much for your reply.
          With your reply, I just would like to ask following,
          1. Is it common to have different layouts for approval and commercial purposes?
          2. Is it safe to acquire the plot that is having higher area in approved layout whereas lower in commercial?
          Last edited by chinna8046; May 22 2017, 04:54 PM.

While discussing this issue with my advocate I got to know, Most realtors used to keep a strip of land along the border of next vacant land. This would prevent the other vacant land owner not to use existing road facilities in the developed layouts. Mostly, the realtors would not offer the strip of and along the border to anybody until the next vacant land's layout is approved.
        Anybody throw some light in it...

Comment

When you buy lower area it has to be a part of bigger area and hence need to be demarcated with plan attached during registration with proper boundaries to avoid confusion

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
          Working...
          X