Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum and I found this forum is more informative. I am trying to buy a land to build my own house. My budget is 25L.

I recently visited Ottiyamabkkam for 1200 sqft land but the area still not developed, looks like a village. Can you please give your feedback on Ottiyambakkam?

Thanks.
Read more
31 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Interior. But connectivity of transport to all places, long term investment plan ok,
    CommentQuote
  • Thank you. ;)
    CommentQuote
  • If you are looking for an investment, Ottiambakkam is not a bad choice. Till recent past, Sithalapakkam also was a remote location and see how it has transformed after projects by Bollineni, Antony,Jones and other developers. Ottiambakkam also will witness the same kind of development in the near future
    CommentQuote
  • Thank you for the info. I am looking to buy a land now and build my own home after 2 to 3 years. The land owner says 35L for 1200sqlft, CMDA approved. I am not sure if the price is worth for this interior area.
    CommentQuote
  • What is the layout name, you are planning to buy?
    CommentQuote
  • Bhagyam Avenue in MGR Street, Ottiyambakkam. Do you have any idea about the current price in that area?. Please let me know.
    CommentQuote
  • You can also check Ponmar area. There was one big thread about Ponmar area before. You can check for expert opinions about Ponmar and try it
    CommentQuote
  • othivakkam is one of the growing area in chennai, you can buy your property without any fear.
    CommentQuote
  • Thank you. It is not Othivakkam but Ottiyamabakkam. I heard the price for 1200 sqft is 30L so I am negotiating with the land owner. Thanks for the Info.
    CommentQuote
  • Check Step Stone Prasanna which lies on main road before the Bridge that also offer the same price mentioned befor I guess. When was the owner got the CMDA approval?

Since This area is included under Greater chennai city limit recently, doubts about the CMDA approval. C
    CommentQuote
  • Hi all,
    A new Villa Project is coming up at Ottiambakkam, just before the Zed Ria proj on the same side of the road. Work is going on in full swing but yet to be launched i guess so. Anyone has info about this? Seems Ottiambakkam is coming with lots of Villa projects, is it due availability of huge land parcel? Does it falls under CMDA limit?

Wikimapia link :

Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!
    CommentQuote
  • I think you refer to the Jones foundation's project, which is just before the Zed Ria. What I heard was, they plan to sell plots, may be villas/apartments later..depends on the demand. Work was in full swing and then suddenly stopped 6 months back... not sure if it resumed
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for the info Mr. sanshi; Yeah you were right. I stopped by and enquired the person at the site, he did confirm that its Jones new proj. They are building a model villa's right now and looks the launch will be post Election.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for the info pbabu11;. The layout was approved by CMDA on 2013 as per the copy of the document from the Owner. I am validating the documents for legal. The owner is now ready to sell for 32L. I am still negotiating though as the price seems bit high. Check for Bhagyam avenue in Ottiyambakkam.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Did u check with the Wings heaven layout near PSBB school and HLC school, that is much better layout.
    CommentQuote