Last updated: May 11 2014
10 | Posts
3897 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plots For 5L in South Chennai, Chennai : Investment Options

Dear Friends,

I'm a new member to this forum. I'm planning to buy a plot for investment purpose in south Chennai. My budget is around 3L to 5L. It should fetch me reasonable appreciation in another 5 to 10 years. Please guide me in this regard.

Anand

Re : Plots For 5L in South Chennai, Chennai : Investment Options

I hate to say this, you will find a hard time in finding a plot under 5Lacs..i was in same situation before a year thinking that lets invest for 5L (theoritically that is what investment means and not buying a plot for 30L, 40 or 50L and still say it is investment)...but when you talk to brokers, they might even laugh as if they r south ambanis...they will say you have to go 10km out to chengalput or something like that...

i did lot of research, you may get land in vandalur kelambakkam road for that budget like kandigai and 3 to 4 kms inside main road..i saw plot in kandigai for 1ground 4Lac...it was like a dry area and i donno how to say...there were even some builder planning to construct apt...
    i did not like it..you will not be able to get dtcp plot..

try in ponmar selva nagar, i see some one in the forum put 325/sqft..i have not seen west side of ponmar
    check mannivakkam...they were selling cmda plot in silvermist avenue for 325/sqft...yes i remember now, mannivakkam or something like that you can think of..back to work...c u later

Comment

Thanks for the guidance.

Comment

Anand

How long you could wait ?

Here was my experiance :

Don't increase your budget at any cost just for sake of hype or broker's sweet words.. In 2005 I had invested around 1.5 lakhs each for 1200sqft 3PLOT'S with Clean Documents at approx 125 rs/sqft. The place name is "kanakamachutram" located just on NH205 between tiruvallur & tiruttani .. 20kms from tiruvallur and 12kms to Tiruttani. My PLOTS are hardly 50mts from NH205 ( Chennai - Tirupathi Highway ).
        At that time i had feeling the place is far away from chennai . But when i visited the site few months ago i was very happy to see good progress in the place. But still the roadway is underprogress.

Main Progress :

1. Proposed six laner limits (Blue stones) from site : 200 mts from site which runs parallel to the NH205 . I see no damage to our layout.

2. Before 2 kms there is an anna universiy affilated college ( LCR ) .

3. Commercial complexes , Residential developments in layout
        started in this 5 years.

4. I was unable to remember the name. Something startes with " Golden
        properties" had put some plots before 5 kms on this route . I am not
        sure it is on Highways or inner side. May be you can Google the stuff.

5. Another highlight is Tiruvelangadu railway station located 7 kms from
        the place.

Route from chennai :

Chennai, Tamil Nadu to Kanakamachutram, Andhra Pradesh - Google Maps

I sold 1-PLOT at 600INR/sqft few weeks ago. Still i hold 2 more there. I am sure route would be a BIG hit in next 3 yrs .

If anyone have views about this ZONE..kindly share.

Thanks
        Kumar
        Last edited January 11 2011, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Anand,

check here :

Minter Garden - Current Layouts - - VGN - Creating assets since 1942 - Current Layouts

I think they have other plot layouts too.. Do post your results without fail ..so it would be useful for others too

Comment

Anand,
            I suggest u try Guduvanchery also.... plots in kayarambedu can be got for 5 lakhs... I feel this area is worth investing !! All the best !

Comment

Originally posted by G.Srinivas View Post
              Anand,
              I suggest u try Guduvanchery also.... plots in kayarambedu can be got for 5 lakhs... I feel this area is worth investing !! All the best !
              iam an NRI, could you help me in telling what is potential on kayarambedu, i see many talking about this..
              i know abt omr development, but dont know what updates with gst side...

Comment

NH 205

Originally posted by yashhunt View Post

Here was my experiance :

Don't increase your budget at any cost just for sake of hype or broker's sweet words.. In 2005 I had invested around 1.5 lakhs each for 1200sqft 3PLOT'S with Clean Documents at approx 125 rs/sqft. The place name is "kanakamachutram" located just on NH205 between tiruvallur & tiruttani .. 20kms from tiruvallur and 12kms to Tiruttani. My PLOTS are hardly 50mts from NH205 ( Chennai - Tirupathi Highway ).
                At that time i had feeling the place is far away from chennai . But when i visited the site few months ago i was very happy to see good progress in the place. But still the roadway is underprogress.

Main Progress :

1. Proposed six laner limits (Blue stones) from site : 200 mts from site which runs parallel to the NH205 . I see no damage to our layout.

started in this 5 years.

the place.

Route from chennai :

I sold 1-PLOT at 600INR/sqft few weeks ago. Still i hold 2 more there. I am sure route would be a BIG hit in next 3 yrs .

Thanks
                Kumar
                Yashunt
                Can I contact you over , as I have a plot in that area.
                Please reply asap
                Last edited July 4 2011, 08:57 PM.

Comment

NH 205

Can I contact you over .

Comment

Originally posted by yashhunt View Post

Here was my experiance :

Main Progress :

started in this 5 years.

the place.

Route from chennai :

Thanks
                    Kumar
                    Hi Yashunt. Can I contact you as i have plot in that area.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X