Hi all,

Is there any govt proposal for 100 ft road from Guduvanchery to OMR Thiruporur? I was hearing this from brokers and owners from and around guduvanchery. I tried to google but couldnt find anything. Please advice.
Read more
35 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • i too heard abt road widening long back when I visited a site in Kannivakkam after Kayarambedu. This road is better at some parts, and very narrow mud road at other. Since Shriram Shankari near Intimate fashions, Chennai pattinam and two other big projects are coming up on the side close to OMR, infrastructure may improve on this corridor too. Once Vandalur - Kelambakkam stretch is exhausted, I think big builders have to toe in on this link road.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Any idea abt the status of road widening?
    CommentQuote
  • One of my friend lives there , he told this news is heard from years and no improvement. May be in near by time we can expect. Hope for the best !!
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks

But brokers claim that highway department have already started their part of work, like measuring the road, taking survey etc .. .. anyhow thanks for the reply.:)
    CommentQuote
  • Guduvanchery-OMR Widening

I also heard it from the brokers & developers, but I have a policy to never go by them. Also, according to a local but not-so-reliable source, it looks like the Govt. has been toying with the idea of widening this Nellikuppam Road for some time, and I heard from that source that it had even called for a tender way back in 2009, but dont know what happened to that. Probably Govt. of the day didnt follow up on it because of some political considerations as one can very well see the junction of Nellikuppam Road-Guduvanchery a lot of encroachments and I feel requires a lot of political will to go ahead.
    CommentQuote
  • Road Widening

Dear Friends,

Recently I bought a plot in Kannivakkam. The department had already started the widening process (I had been there by second week of April'11). It seems the department have stopped the work due to election it seems.
    CommentQuote
  • Is it ?? widening process started .. Then beware of buying plots or old houses which is very next to this main road , it may be soon demolished or occupied by HIGHWAY DEPT !!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ganand
    Dear Friends,

Recently I bought a plot in Kannivakkam. The department had already started the widening process (I had been there by second week of April'11). It seems the department have stopped the work due to election it seems.

WHAT IS THE COST OF A PLOT OF ONE GROUND IN KANNIVAKKAM?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by JAYASARATHI
    WHAT IS THE COST OF A PLOT OF ONE GROUND IN KANNIVAKKAM?

Near Kayarambedu junction it is around 450 to 600 and down to kannivakkam and pandur it is around 250 to 300.
    CommentQuote
  • Nellikuppam?

Pristine Prime properties are quoting 1400 INR/ sq. ft. for their plots in 'Pristine Garden' in Nellikuppam village in Guduvanchery - Thiruporur Road. Is this price reasonable? What are the growth prospects for Nellikuppam?

PS: This DTCP approved layout is hardly 100metres from main road.
    CommentQuote
  • I too visited the place. i hope it is over priced.
    same locality we can get 800/ sqft for panchayat approved plot.
    in kayvoy and hastinapuram selling DTCP plot around 1000/ sqft.

Still looking for plot....
    CommentQuote
  • What is the current status or projection of this highway (Thiruporur-guduvanchery ) proposal?

If this road comes, will it connect the other side of the guduvanchery to padappai as well or? Throw any info on this .
    CommentQuote
  • As per the information available, widening of Guduvanchry-Tiruporur road is still in proposal stage and there is lot of objection from land/shop owners in Guduvanchery market (Starting point of this road). According to realtors in the locality, the work will be taken up once the new government is in place.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by databasepkd
    As per the information available, widening of Guduvanchry-Tiruporur road is still in proposal stage and there is lot of objection from land/shop owners in Guduvanchery market (Starting point of this road). According to realtors in the locality, the work will be taken up once the new government is in place.

independent of which party comes to rule, will this widening task happen ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by cityhunter
    independent of which party comes to rule, will this widening task happen ?

Not quite sure . Once you travel for about 2-3 kms from Guduvanchery in this road, you will find that the traffic volume is very less. Once Velammal school starts functioning, the picture may change drastically.
    CommentQuote