Collapse

Last updated: March 27 2015
26 | Posts
12072 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All,

Please advise on the prevailing ground rates in Perumbakkam. I saw an approved plot on the side close to Tamil Cultural Society/ELCOT (may be, 1-2 km distance or so from them).

Is it ok to buy plots at this location - any known issues? If so, what is a reasonable price? Price Quoted is around Rs. 1900/sqft.

There are no nearby houses as of now. But from an investment angle say with a timeframe of 3-5 years, is this a good investment?

Thanks
    Last edited February 2 2011, 11:15 PM. Reason: Forgot to include price details

Re : Location: Perumbakkam, Chennai

Originally posted by rsgrns View Post
    Hi All,

Please advise on the prevailing ground rates in Perumbakkam. I saw an approved plot on the side close to Tamil Cultural Society/ELCOT (may be, 1-2 km distance or so from them).

Is it ok to buy plots at this location - any known issues? If so, what is a reasonable price? Price Quoted is around Rs. 1900/sqft.

There are no nearby houses as of now. But from an investment angle say with a timeframe of 3-5 years, is this a good investment?

Thanks
    Good spot and reasonable price. I would go for it.

Comment

Thanks ECONOMIST for your reply. I have gone ahead with this and hope I get good return on this investment in near future.

Comment

I couldn't figure out the exact location which you referred. However, I provided my comments as you said it is close to ELCOT (SEZ).

1. From Global hospital junction to until Perumbakkam junction (where you need to take right turn for IndiaBulls flats)
        - few places in both sides in this area are "Sudukadu". Double check that you are not going to purchase closer to sudukadu. The rate nearer to such places may not get appreciated due to this.
        - As you mentioned, no house available , double confirm with CMDA people that govenment has no plan to acquire land in these areas. I am telling this point because I belive Government has a plan to build Financial city, Tamil Semmozhi office, etc from Elcot to Global hospital junction
        - As for as I know, till Perumbakkam juntion, the main road height is higher than street road crossing the main roads. This may lead to water drainage issue in the streets. Anyhow , you will not worry as you purchased as an investment, not for building a house.

If you are considered all these points already, then you will get good return in your time frame.

Comment

Thanks TrustMe for your suggestions as well. The area name is Vigneshwar Nagar (When you go from Global to Medavakkam, it is on the right side after approx. 200 mts). Do you know this area and you see any issues? Any inputs in this regard would be helpful.

Comment

I don't have idea of the area you mentioned.

As you mentioned, it is right side of the road from Global hospital to Medavakam, adding few more points.

1.I believe , Government has a plan to lay 100 ft road which will join to Pallikaranai. which starts very close opposite to Global hospital juntion. Take care your area is not crossing this one.

2. I think, the burial places (Christian sudukadu) are spread out atleast 500 to 1 KM from Global hospial junction.

Currently, I am out of station, so couldn't provide more insight about your area. I hope , you have visited before taking any decision. or Check with some Tea shops / provisional shops nearer to this area. Those local people may provide more details than me at this moment.

Comment

Thanks Trustme for your inputs. There are no tea shops near by as such. But I did enquire with one of the house owner (200-300 mts away from this site) and he did say that it is worthwhile to go ahead and houses/flats are coming up pretty fast. Also, it is roughly 200 mts from proposed 100 ft road. I saw some article today regarding perumbakkam being listed as megalithic site by ASI. Do you have any prior information if this area is listed under it (or) do you think perumbakkam panchayat union would be able to let me know this information if I give them the survey number? Any advise in this regard would be very helpful.

Comment

As for as I know, you need to be bit care in buying land from Velachery exit to East Tambaram.

REgarding Perumbakkam area, I heard that Bollenuim Hillside apartments buiders are facing some issues related with getting approval from ASI due to Perumbakkam Hill. I have no idea about ASI related issues in your area.

you can find ASI related information for chennai circle in the below url

List of Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Sites and Remains of Chennai and Thrissur Circle - Archaeological Survey of India

The below information i got from another website.

CHENNAI CIRCLE
                FORT ST. GEORGE, CHENNAI 600009
                Code-044
                Mrs. Satyabhama Badrinath
                Superintending Archaeologist
                : 25670396-97, 25679332(T-f)

R.S. Mulimani
                Deputy Superintending Archaeologist
                : 25670397

Mrs. Moorteeswari
                Deputy Superintending Archaeologist

C. Paramanthan
                Deputy Superintending Archaeological Engineer

If you have good luck, get in touch with them to get more data thro' your lawyer or some other mediators

Comment

Actually, I went to CMDA Chennai office last week and checked with them on the survey numbers that are identified from Perumbakkam area as restricted by ASI. They showed me that survey numbers (higher range survey numbers say 400 and above) are listed as restricted by ASI and no lower range values (including this plot's survey number) are listed as restricted and showed me in their system. As much as possible, I have checked out all facts that I was aware and based on valuable inputs from experienced people like you. From what I have enquired and seen, this perumbakkam area is fast developing now and if things go well, this has every potential of becoming a hotspot in near future. Thanks again for your valuable inputs.

Comment

If everything is fine in legal point of view, then your area will appreciate soon as there is a road expansion b/w Medavakkam to EastTambaram as six lane road.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X