I have enquired about the new residential township initiated by Arihant Foundation in JV with Unitech Group at Thalambur just adjacent to TS Narayanaswami College. The plot rate is approximately Rs.2350/sq.ft (its a gated township with a proposal of having all amenities like Club House, Swimming Pool, Gym, Park etc).

I would like to know about the area and recommendation on buying a plot in that township (Arihant Foundation & Unitech JV). My concern is that the layout is just adjacent to a arts college and would like your esteemed advice around this area to move forward with buying.

Appreciate all your assistance and expert advice the earliest.

I'm currently out of city and planning to buy a plot in chennai OMR for constructing a home and move in by around 2 yrs.

Thanks!!!
Read more
6 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Locationwise it is good . You can see many builders are constructing apartments or Villas (Jains, Lakewood enclave) in that road (Navalur to Thalambur).

This location is good compare to ETA karanai (which is bit far from this area).

The price you mentioned is for flat or Plot?.

If it is a flat, then the rate you mentioned is good for buyers.

I copied the wikimapia url for that location

Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!
    CommentQuote
  • Hello TrustMe, Appreciate your response and inputs.

The rate I mentioned is for plot, its little expensive because they are constructing it as a township with all amenities as mentioned in my original post, in next phase they have plans to construct their own villas.
    CommentQuote
  • 1. The reasonable land rate per sq.ft in that area , I would say Rs.1500 to 1600.
    2. Knowingly, you are paying minimum of Rs 500 per sq.ft
    3. As you said, they are providing many features(swim, gym,club house) , my questions ;
    a) Can the builder put everything in written paper?. I heard, even ETA announced may features and sold their plots like that. But, they are not fulfiling the commitments which they promised (based on information from couple of RE sites).
    b) Even, the builder is bringing up club house, GYM and other features, Can they give it as a free of cost accessible to the every people in this community?.
    i) I doubt, they will. In that case, can they mention , all the lands built for Gym, club house and etc can be shared by every individual (i.e; some UDS to every individual buyer). In this case, you will get some extra UDS other than your home plot area.

4. Check when they will start to construct the house. There may be a possibility that, they would say constuction will start only after all plots are booked. In this case, you will struck.

5. Last question - what is the construction cost per/sq.ft they quoted?
    CommentQuote
  • thanks for all the inputs. I was told by my legal connections to stayaway from this property as this township is a JV between Arihant and Unitech and Unitech is in trouble currently due to 2G scam. The Unitech Chief Executive is under CBI scrutiny on money laundering and they are speculating some risks to this township later on. Be Aware!!
    CommentQuote
  • Any updats on this project, i visited them recently, seems good considering this is in OMR
    CommentQuote
  • Since you visited the place, one would rather expect updates from your side
    CommentQuote