Let's use this thread to share reviews related to Indiabulls's Chennai Greens project. I spoke to sales person and came to know that Phase I is already sold out and Phase II sales is going on. Also, Phase III will be coming up shortly and open booking is going on for the same which they offered at Rs.2800/-. Anyone have idea about UDS percentage that they generally offer?

Please post your comments & any experience with Chennai Greens.
Read more
91 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • The CMDA approval info for IB-greens chennai is pasted below, from CMDA website:
    Planning Permission Approval Details

www.cmdachennai.gov.in/pdfs/msb/english/2012.pdf
    (Look at page-9 of this PDF for IB-Greens-Chennai aka SELENE ESTATE LTD approval)

It looks so far they have got approval only up to 7-floors.

So people buying anything above the 7-th floor beware!

The CMDA approval info for IB-greens chennai :

SL. NO. P.P. NO.

DATE OF
    APPROVAL

FILE NO.

NAME OF THE APPLICANT
    (Thiruvalargal)

SITE ADDRESS VILLAGE

PROPOSED CONSTRUCTION

Plot Area in
    Sq.mtr.

45 7122 04-07-2012 C3/15344/2010

M/S.SELENE ESTATE LTD.,
    No.68/1A, Perumbakkam -
    Jalladianpettai, Joint Road,
    Jalladianpettai, Chennai-100

S.No.62/2C2, 3, 63/1,2A,2B,64/1B, 2A,
    2B, 65/1B, 2, 66/1,2, 67, 68/1A, 2A2, 3,
    69/1A, 1B, 1C, 2, 3A, 3B, 3C, 70/1 to 8,
    71/1,2,3,5A,5B2, 74/1C, 4, 75/1,2, 3A,
    3B, 3C, 3D, 75/4,5,6A,6B, 6C, 6D,
    76/1A, 1B, 1C, 76/2,3, 5B, 77/2A, 2B,
    80/3E1, 3E2, 81/5B, 82/1,2 of
    Jalladianpettai Village

Jalladianpettai

PP for the proposed construction of
    connected Basement Floor + Ground Floor +
    6 Floors for Block A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, B3,
    B4, C1, B5, B6, C2, C3, Connected
    Basement Floor + Stilt Floor + 7 Floors for
    Block D1, D2, D3, E1, E2, E3, E4, E5, E6,
    E7, F, Stilt + 7 Floors for EWS1, EWS2 with
    843 Dwelling Units and Club House with
    Ground Floor + 2 Floors Commercial Block
    of Ground Floor + 6 Floors

CommentQuote
  • @s.sath - Nice information.

Also, the pdf gives some nice info on which builders have projects in their pipeline......

But, really tough to relate the Name of the applicant to the Builder !!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by RockingChair
    @s.sath - Nice information.

Also, the pdf gives some nice info on which builders have projects in their pipeline......

But, really tough to relate the Name of the applicant to the Builder !!

Yes I did check with IB they said they are selling only upto 7th floor. Their application form also reads Selene Estate which matches with the PDF document.

They are going ahead and applying for permission upto 19 floors. It's a good guess by when they will get it.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by princecharm
    Yes I did check with IB they said they are selling only upto 7th floor. Their application form also reads Selene Estate which matches with the PDF document.

They are going ahead and applying for permission upto 19 floors. It's a good guess by when they will get it.

@princecharm - I was referring to the other applicant's in the pdf !

Quite a few high rise projects have been mentioned in that pdf. But, without knowing the builders behind them, we cannot take a look at those projects or contact them.

One was pretty easy. Pace Builders. Not sure of their reputation/quality. (Have heard of them a bit though). They seem to be launching a Multistorey Apt in a week's time...

Rest all...Its tough. Maybe some one else, can crack them :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by RockingChair
    One was pretty easy. Pace Builders. Not sure of their reputation/quality. (Have heard of them a bit though). They seem to be launching a Multistorey Apt in a week's time...

I have visited Pace builders Acyuta in Maduravoil near Valasaravakkam and I was disappointed. The quality of building and the finishing of interiors of the flat gave me a clue as to why they named themselves PACE. (Pun intended!)

The flat's corner walls were all uneven and broken chips and so was the outer state of building! Also the tiles in the common area around the building were in very bad state. When asked the builder told me all will be fixed.. Hmm!

So at best he looks like a builder who delivers flats but not neat quality! But I didnt visit their other project in Annanagar. Altho when looking from a distance there were so many towers being built next to each other!
    CommentQuote
  • Pace builders in Anna nagar has been sitting on the project for so long.i used to live pretty close to the construction and according to our neighbour, they bought a 3 bhk for 55 lakhs before construction started and now they charge 1.15 crore for a similar 3 bhk unit.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by cruise_1982
    Pace builders in Anna nagar has been sitting on the project for so long.i used to live pretty close to the construction and according to our neighbour, they bought a 3 bhk for 55 lakhs before construction started and now they charge 1.15 crore for a similar 3 bhk unit.

Wow 55L - 1.15 Cr.. in how many years?

Hmm.. So ordinary quality + delays too!
    CommentQuote
  • Seems @RockingChair is banned.

Wonder why - May be he tried to sell something which is against the IREF policy.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vettipayyan
    Wow 55L - 1.15 Cr.. in how many years?

Hmm.. So ordinary quality + delays too!

If I remember right, they got the land from TNHB Re-conveyance in 2008 end/2009 early and they did a soft launch.They quoted around 3700+/sqft during soft launch and now they are quoting 8500+/sqft all inclusive.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by k11
    Seems @RockingChair is banned.

Wonder why - May be he tried to sell something which is against the IREF policy.

Not anymore! :-)

Well....Nope. I did not do any buying or selling. I know very well that those things are against the rules of this forum.

I was banned because, in one of the threads (Not sure which one exactly. I think that comment has been deleted now), I had linked to a very nice thread on an other popular forum. That apparently was taken in the sense that I was promoting that other forum.

After I contacted IREF and made my intentions clear, my account was re-activated.

Phew!
    CommentQuote
  • Indiabulls takes four tower cranes (for Greens Township in Chennai)

http://www.vertikal.net/en/news/story/15761/

September 19, 2012 | Comments (0)
    Developer and contractor Indiabulls has invested in four Liebherr tower cranes for the new Greens Township in Chennai, southern India. The cranes have been purchased from Liebherr CMCTEC India by Store one Retail Ltd (SORIL), an Indiabulls Group company.

The four Liebherr 71 EC-B 5 flat tops are being used on what could be a 10 year development project built by Indiabulls on 15 acres of greenfield land within the IT belt of Chennai.

Indiabulls has invested in four Liebherr tower cranes for the new Greens Township in Chennai, southern India.

The first phase of the project - a series of six-storey apartment blocks - was built with the help of Chinese branded tower cranes and topped out in July this year. Phase II consists of 11 blocks, each 19 storey’s high.

"The Liebherr cranes are intended for use throughout the remainder of the project, which as planned could well have a construction phase of 10 more years," says Chandran Raja, Indiabulls's plant and equipment manager at Greens.

The 11 blocks of Phase II are being built in four blocks at a time, with one crane deployed for each block. The four blocks will be completed simultaneously and the cranes moved onto the next blocks. The height of each storey is 3 metres, with the total height of each block being about 60 metres.

"We are using the cranes as external climbing units," he says. "They have a hook height of 41.5 metres. We will need to extend the height of the cranes once to give ourselves the final under-hook clearance."

All the required accessories and tower sections were supplied by Liebherr to achieve a 70 metre hook height. The 71 EC-B 5 units each have the standard 50 metre jib, with a one tonne capacity at the jib tip. Maximum capacity is five tonnes.
    CommentQuote
  • 10 year project !! Is the project going to like Hira Upscale? ;-)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vettipayyan
    10 year project !! Is the project going to like Hira Upscale? ;-)

Well at present Phase 2 construction / booking is going on.They have more land bank and development as additional phases could continue.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by princecharm
    Well at present Phase 2 construction / booking is going on.They have more land bank and development as additional phases could continue.

How much land do they have there? As far as I know, its just about 20 acres?? Will they take 10-years to work on that?
    CommentQuote
  • Sometime back when I spoke to them, they said they had another 60 odd acres. But, they were apparently having some problems in acquiring contiguous land. Also, there are some plans (on paper) to construct an highway somewhere there (backside), so its not clear.....
    CommentQuote