Anyone think that the prices of flats will fall 40% from the mid 2007 prices ?
Read more
181 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Arun, I tend to disagree with it. Remember FSI does not include landing space, wardrobes jutting out and hell a lot of such things which are calculated in the Area provided by a builder. Also even at 65% coverage which again has got revised to 70% or so 1.5 is just the minimum any ordinary person would achieve in most simple plots. ACtually a smart builder will build at close to 2 times.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    Arun, I tend to disagree with it. Remember FSI does not include landing space, wardrobes jutting out and hell a lot of such things which are calculated in the Area provided by a builder. Also even at 65% coverage which again has got revised to 70% or so 1.5 is just the minimum any ordinary person would achieve in most simple plots. ACtually a smart builder will build at close to 2 times.

A smart buyer wudn't buy that ;)
    CommentQuote
  • There aint no smart buyers...in American or there are no smart buyers...in British english!
    Just go and find out how many flats really give you less than 1.5 FSI?
    CommentQuote
  • its like "upto 50% off" sale, worthless

Originally Posted by GoccaMacca
    BANGALORE: Will India’s realty giant DLF lead a wave of residential price correction in Bangalore’s upscale apartment market? The company, which
    virtually single-handedly created Gurgaon, has slashed its rates for an upcoming project in Bangalore’s Bannerghatta Road by a whopping 32%. In a move that surprised many, the rates have been cut to
    Rs 1,850 per sq ft, a price last quoted in 2000.

have you checked for other proj in that locality,have you checked other charges,like chennai pattinam,off OMR base price is 1600/- but all incl is 2075/- (a whooping 30% more)
    on one hand we dont trust builders on the other we take their word for it.
    Like OMR is a vast stretch have checked bannerghatta road,where on banner ghatta road??? and in 2000 such far off places were a rarity.
    so on what basis have you said 2000 prices? have you any data to back it up.
    CommentQuote
  • it is like "upto 50% off" sale.the 50% disc. item would be worthless?

Originally Posted by madrasi
    have you checked for other proj in that locality,have you checked other charges,like chennai pattinam,off OMR base price is 1600/- but all incl is 2075/- (a whooping 30% more)
    on one hand we dont trust builders on the other we take their word for it.
    Like OMR is a vast stretch have checked bannerghatta road,where on banner ghatta road??? and in 2000 such far off places were a rarity.
    so on what basis have you said 2000 prices? have you any data to back it up.

Hi,

Is there any gurantee that the builder will deliver spotless apartment if you give 2007 sky-high prices ? He is after all doing business to maximise his profit . He is not running any social service . So he will do anything to maximise the profit . Customers can also be cheated not only by RE Guys but also others . When a teacher does not deliver the good education , it literally means that he is cheating the students & he is cheating the Govt / School management & cheating the profession(Those who involved in getting approval for a Self-Finance Engg college may know better how greedy the Engg Colleges are in getting the capitation fees & other laboratory & Tuition fees) . RE Guys are no exception but occurance is high.

Its the fact that DLF price is Rs 1850 back to year 2000 prices in that location & does not need any back up data .And we cant generalise this Year 2000 prices for all locality . Some may go back to 2002-2004 prices and some can go back to 1998 prices as stated by DLF's Rajiv Singh a week back. But there are remote possibilities that it will go back to 2007-08 sky-high prices atleast for the next 5-6 years .

Cheers.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sethugm
    it is like "upto 50% off" sale.the 50% disc. item would be worthless?

Hi,

Is there any gurantee that the builder will deliver spotless apartment if you give 2007 sky-high prices ? He is after all doing business to maximise his profit . He is not running any social service . So he will do anything to maximise the profit . Customers can also be cheated not only by RE Guys but also others . When a teacher does not deliver the good education , it literally means that he is cheating the students & he is cheating the Govt / School management & cheating the profession(Those who involved in getting approval for a Self-Finance Engg college may know better how greedy the Engg Colleges are in getting the capitation fees & other laboratory & Tuition fees) . RE Guys are no exception but occurance is high.

Its the fact that DLF price is Rs 1850 back to year 2000 prices in that location & does not need any back up data .And we cant generalise this Year 2000 prices for all locality . Some may go back to 2002-2004 prices and some can go back to 1998 prices as stated by DLF's Rajiv Singh a week back. But there are remote possibilities that it will go back to 2007-08 sky-high prices atleast for the next 5-6 years .

Cheers.

In 2000 SouthCity was built for a price of 1000psft. That is a project almost in Koramangala given that Banerghatta road is tooooo long. And Sethugm is farting about Bangalore now as if he knows where Bangalore is.
    In Bangalore even today flats are available at 1500 to 2000 psft in much better areas than Banerghatta. Finally Banerghatta road was hardly a place to be in, in 2000. Dont state false pictures about Bangalore.
    Gocca and Sethu are here to bring down Chennai prices. So they can spout any lie they please, I suspect!?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by GoccaMacca
    The article is from Economic Times (Educated people read newspapers Nats).

Dear friend,

I think, the RE prices are bound to come down upto 15% atleast near term and may be upto 25% in about an year or so. After about 1.5 years are so, they may start climbing up slowly and may again be sky high after about 3 to 5 years period.

ks2071746:o
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    In 2000 SouthCity was built for a price of 1000psft. That is a project almost in Koramangala given that Banerghatta road is tooooo long. And Sethugm is farting about Bangalore now as if he knows where Bangalore is.
    In Bangalore even today flats are available at 1500 to 2000 psft in much better areas than Banerghatta. Finally Banerghatta road was hardly a place to be in, in 2000. Dont state false pictures about Bangalore.
    Gocca and Sethu are here to bring down Chennai prices. So they can spout any lie they please, I suspect!?

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/4152263.cms

This is not something that we cook up with some hidden agenda and you can see the same in EconomicTimes.

Its just to refute the filthy claims by RE Guys and make aware of the people not to fall prey to fraudsters .

Cheers GoccaMacca .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ks2071746
    Dear friend,

I think, the RE prices are bound to come down upto 15% atleast near term and may be upto 25% in about an year or so. After about 1.5 years are so, they may start climbing up slowly and may again be sky high after about 3 to 5 years period.

KS,

Its nice to see you revisiting your earlier estimation of max 5-10 %.

Hope you will revisit again when more recession related issues surface.

Cheers.
    CommentQuote
    KS,

Its nice to see you revisiting your earlier estimation of max 5-10 %.

Hope you will revisit again when more recession related issues surface.

Cheers.

Dear friend,

It depends on the area, the builder and the time schedule. Though most projects may see upto 15% reduction, good projects in near city areas and by good builders may not go beyond 5 to 10 % decrease. In new projects, the promoter will increase the rates further and show good reduction later to lure the buyers. You may remmber, I told about a good and quality builder in Tambaram area R.........B...... who has not reduced his prices much, some marginal Rs. 100 or 200 Rs. per sq. ft. only and continues to sell the flats. Please note, irrespective of whether the flats or sold or not, he does not stop or delay the construction activities. He goes on with new projects irrespective of the bookings and ultimately he gets the flats sold before they are fully ready to occupy. Of course, I find for the new projects, he has increased the rates to offer some decent reduction to the buyers.

CommentQuote
    Dear friend,

It depends on the area, the builder and the time schedule. Though most projects may see upto 15% reduction, good projects in near city areas and by good builders may not go beyond 5 to 10 % decrease. In new projects, the promoter will increase the rates further and show good reduction later to lure the buyers. You may remmber, I told about a good and quality builder in Tambaram area R.........B...... who has not reduced his prices much, some marginal Rs. 100 or 200 Rs. per sq. ft. only and continues to sell the flats. Please note, irrespective of whether the flats or sold or not, he does not stop or delay the construction activities. He goes on with new projects irrespective of the bookings and ultimately he gets the flats sold before they are fully ready to occupy. Of course, I find for the new projects, he has increased the rates to offer some decent reduction to the buyers.

Its really funny to know a good and quality builder in Tambaram
    - pricing high for the new projects
    - to give a decent reduction..

Am surprised to see you still calling him as good and quality...

If the good and quality builder does like this , howabout those builders classified as bad/average promoters...

They will loot the entire money ?

Dont mislead the members and guests by calling R...B... as quality builder ...

By the way which is this R....B.... in Tambaram ? This will help many potential buyers to stay away.

Guys,

Pls dont beleive any promoter unless you see the real economic value for the money & take extra care if you are going with bank loan....These builders will do anything to cheat you.
    CommentQuote
    Its really funny to know a good and quality builder in Tambaram
    - pricing high for the new projects
    - to give a decent reduction..

Am surprised to see you still calling him as good and quality...

If the good and quality builder does like this , howabout those builders classified as bad/average promoters...

They will loot the entire money ?

Dont mislead the members and guests by calling R...B... as quality builder ...

By the way which is this R....B.... in Tambaram ? This will help many potential buyers to stay away.

Guys,

Pls dont beleive any promoter unless you see the real economic value for the money & take extra care if you are going with bank loan....These builders will do anything to cheat you.

Dear friend,

I will be the last one to mislead the members or guests of this forum. I have had a very recent experience with the R..... B...... myself and hence talking about the builder. Prices are a little high, builder not coming down appreciably, but the construction materials and quality are good as also the location of the project nearer to both Rly. Stn and Bus stand. In fact, I took, not once but a few times during the various stages of construction, one of my friends who is also a builder elsewhere at Chennai who does not know R.....B..... ( of course without the knowelge of R....B.....) and my builder friend gave an opinion that the builder R.... B...... constructs the flats as though it is for his own personal use. I am fully satisfied with the materials and quality of construction and progress of work though not with the price I have agreed with the builder in Sept. 08. The other additional charge over the base rate per sq. ft. x built up area = base total, is hardly 5 % including the registration charges. The carpet area is about 76% on the saleable area. I am no agent or broker to R... B.....or to any one else and the purchase is for my own use as I have decided to settle down at Chennai due to personal reasons.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
    Dear friend,

I will be the last one to mislead the members or guests of this forum. I have had a very recent experience with the R..... B...... myself and hence talking about the builder. Prices are a little high, builder not coming down appreciably, but the construction materials and quality are good as also the location of the project nearer to both Rly. Stn and Bus stand. In fact, I took, not once but a few times during the various stages of construction, one of my friends who is also a builder elsewhere at Chennai who does not know R.....B..... ( of course without the knowelge of R....B.....) and my builder friend gave an opinion that the builder R.... B...... constructs the flats as though it is for his own personal use. I am fully satisfied with the materials and quality of construction and progress of work though not with the price I have agreed with the builder in Sept. 08. The other additional charge over the base rate per sq. ft. x built up area = base total, is hardly 5 % including the registration charges. The carpet area is about 76% on the saleable area. I am no agent or broker to R... B.....or to any one else and the purchase is for my own use as I have decided to settle down at Chennai due to personal reasons.

ks2071746

When did you take the builder friend to the site ? Take him during the completion stages to check quality and update .

It will be only possible for people like you as you have many builder friends.

Whats that reason for increasing the rate to give decent reduction ?

Cheers
    CommentQuote
    When did you take the builder friend to the site ? Take him during the completion stages to check quality and update .

It will be only possible for people like you as you have many builder friends.

Whats that reason for increasing the rate to give decent reduction ?

Cheers

Dear friend,

I have only one builder friend. I did take him at different stages of construction including the final stages now going on. He has been seeing the materials being used including the wood doors, windows and grills. I will take him again atleast 2 or 3 times before taking over the flat in another 3 or 4 weeks.

I believe my own eyes and also go by the advise of my expert friend on this flat I have bought. The flat charged area is 1398 sq. ft. , the UDS is 986 sq. ft. and the carpet area is 1080 sq. ft. I still feel this is one of the best one could get for the billed sq. ft. of flat in Chennai. I know of a relation of mine, who did not consult me on his purchase got only an UDS of 350 sq. ft. for a 1000 sq. ft. sold area and he told me this after a long time after the registration. The same builder has only 2 car sheds and he has sold these to 6 different flat buyers at different prices like Rs. 50,000, 75,000 and Rs. 1,00,000. The building outside and the stair case are still to be completed and believe me, the contruction was really started about 3.5 years back. The plan approval is for 1+1 floor and the promoter has constructed the second floor also without approval. See the complications in this project. It is really bad to get into the flats through unfinished pavements, staircases and worst to see the outer side walls unfinished, with black patches. It looks so old . Much worser than what one can see in ex Gemini Studio area - seen from Anna Fly Over the unfinished office complex near Parsn Building which can be said to look better though the construction is at stand still for almost over 10+ years as I could remember.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
    Dear friend,

I have only one builder friend. I did take him at different stages of construction including the final stages now going on. He has been seeing the materials being used including the wood doors, windows and grills. I will take him again atleast 2 or 3 times before taking over the flat in another 3 or 4 weeks.

I believe my own eyes and also go by the advise of my expert friend on this flat I have bought. The flat charged area is 1398 sq. ft. , the UDS is 986 sq. ft. and the carpet area is 1080 sq. ft. I still feel this is one of the best one could get for the billed sq. ft. of flat in Chennai. I know of a relation of mine, who did not consult me on his purchase got only an UDS of 350 sq. ft. for a 1000 sq. ft. sold area and he told me this after a long time after the registration. The same builder has only 2 car sheds and he has sold these to 6 different flat buyers at different prices like Rs. 50,000, 75,000 and Rs. 1,00,000. The building outside and the stair case are still to be completed and believe me, the contruction was really started about 3.5 years back. The plan approval is for 1+1 floor and the promoter has constructed the second floor also without approval. See the complications in this project. It is really bad to get into the flats through unfinished pavements, staircases and worst to see the outer side walls unfinished, with black patches. It looks so old . Much worser than what one can see in ex Gemini Studio area - seen from Anna Fly Over the unfinished office complex near Parsn Building which can be said to look better though the construction is at stand still for almost over 10+ years as I could remember.

ks2071746

Ks i have constructed on my own atleast 5 houses for my family.
    and i have seen bulders construction too.i find that 95% of them use the same materials i will explain.
    the builders plan thru an architect and take the structural plan from a qualified engg.
    therefore no compromise on steel usage.
    they use the common cement available in the market,it will amaze you that all of the cement brand have a certificate of strenght and the same grade cements like ppc,43 grade,53 grade are equal. i have tested cements in kings lab,guindy.
    they generally use ready mix concrete therefore good quality.
    the thickness of the slab is 4.5-5" thick everywhere.
    the quality of sand,and bluemetal is same everywhere.
    the wood is a natural material some use you use padauk,teak or country wood
    (this would be specified in const agreement)
    the thickness of door frames is 4" x 2.5" standard everywhere.
    the electrical cables have to be checked
    and electrical and plumbing can be checked anytime.

the point is the quality of construction is not compromised because everybuilder doesnt have a brand and they need repeat customers or recos

if quality was very bad then many flats above 5 yrs old should have collapsed.

leave some bad elements rest there is not much difference in quality among developers.
    rather the quality of contractors is more vulnerable to compromise.
    the builders anyway transfer the cost to us with huge profits,so it doesent make sense to reduce quality.and moreover many flats get sold after completion and no builder will take the risk of a bad quality tag.
    CommentQuote