Hello People,
I am planning to buy an apartment in Primex Verterra in Gerugmpakkam. I really like the layout what they proposed. however I am really confused over VGN Krona which is quite nearby to Primex. Primex has Stilt plus 4 floors whereas Krona is G+2. When i checked with Primex, they showed all the CMDA approval, AAOI clearance certifiacte etc. However Krona has got only DTCP approved but not CMDA and its close to airpot expansion as well.

Could you please help me which is better. I am more inclined towards Verterra than to Krona now. Please help me out.

Also please help me with your reviews on Primex Verterra.
Read more
144 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Terra 3 , 305

Hi Ashok.

I have recently booked terra 3 flat no 305. i came to know through this forum that you have also booked 307 in the same terra.

I am in the process of signing the agreement and have a lot of doubts especially with regards to the posession date.

would it be ok if i emailed you my queries? can i have your email address ?

i appreciate your reply in advance

regards
    Shankar
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sks316
    Hi Ashok.

I have recently booked terra 3 flat no 305. i came to know through this forum that you have also booked 307 in the same terra.

I am in the process of signing the agreement and have a lot of doubts especially with regards to the posession date.

would it be ok if i emailed you my queries? can i have your email address ?

i appreciate your reply in advance

regards
    Shankar

Hi Shankar,

You can post your queries here for the benefit of everybody. If it is private, can you send me a PM?

Regards,
    Ashok
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Ashok,

I wanted to PM you but i could not find any such option for personal message in this forums.

Anyway here is the issue i wish to clarify.

When we first talked to marketing guys in Primex they confidently kept promising March 2013 as posession.

But when we received our agreement paper's it says booking date + 8 months + 3 months grace period which works out to July 2013 + 3 months grace .
    Now when we ask primex they say this is their standard way of putting it in the agreement and every one who has booked in Primex has been promised handover in september 2013 only.

Since you have booked also , i wanted to know how is it specified in your agreement? i remember you mentioning that they promised you 2012 dec. now is that the date specified in your agreement also?

it would be great if you can clarify this? Cos this is a make or break deal for us.

thanks in advance for your reply.

regards
    shankar
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Shankar,

In my agreement, the wordings were even worse as it read 24 months from the date of booking(Nov' 2011). I was told this was the text used in all bookings made before me as well and it is the standard contract terms used by all builders. Delivery in December 2012 was only a oral promise and doesn't mean much if they do not keep their word.

Now I am told that they can do it by April 2013, but I am skeptical about this time frame as well since the work is yet to start for Terra 3 and I have become a bit cynical nowadays as I have seen how the schedules kept getting delayed for more than a year now. Let's hope they will keep their promise of April 2013 delivery at least.

Regards,
    Ashok
    CommentQuote
  • Wow ok! it is very weird, in your case they have said dec 2013 + 3 months grace while they have reduced it in my contract.
    I agree with you, we cannot expect these builders to be realistic about the schedules.

Thanks for the clarification!
    CommentQuote
  • Shankar,

What is the current sqft rate for Terra 3?

If you like the project, then do not let the delayed delivery schedule be a deal breaker as it will be same case with all big builders.
    CommentQuote
  • Current rate is 4750. The rate is constantly increasing here. no doubt about that.
    Yes i really like this project, but i am just disappointed that primex did not reveal this to me before booking.
    I mean they mentioned that they were very transparent etc, but this point they should have mentioned.

Another area where they fail me is the specifications. They say they have upgraded many specifications in the interest of the consumer, but none of these they can give in writing which is kind of sad. i mean if they are so confident about their offerings they should give it in writing.
    especially, individual RO unit, bigger tiles and iron treatment plant.

how was your experience negotiating with them? were you able to modify the agreement to your liking?
    CommentQuote
  • I do not think they would entertain negotiation with respect to agreement as it is a standard for all units in the project.
    CommentQuote
  • Wow! 4750 is overpriced, that too for an unknown builder in deep interior location. There are better options like Prestige Bella Vista. I hope you also explored other options like Sidharth upscale, etc..
    CommentQuote
  • 4500 would be a good rate, try negotiating with builder.
    CommentQuote
  • Verterra has always been a bit pricey-need to travel a bit to the main road. 4000 is my price (which is the current price of VGN Krona phase II- but has lots of hidden charges and they r yet to show the plan of amenities and yet to start the work), Bella Vista is in real trouble- not yet received the stamped drawing from CMDA even though they have the CMDA approval 6 months back. any guess on the reason, will it take so many months to get the stamped drawing after obtaining approval? is it becaz bella vista trying to change the design with recent developments of Car parking space in 1st floor or something. Sidharth upscale is my choice for a price of 4900 closer to porur roundana, but will take time to complete and they r yet to get approval. if you wish to get the possession immedietely Verterra is the option, but do bargain on the price front.
    CommentQuote
  • CMDA has recently separated PP issuance for site and construction to expedite approval process:

http://www.cmdachennai.gov.in/pdfs/officeorder/4-2012.pdf

Prestige got approval in May'12, after this GO was issued. There is no area detail mentioned against Prestige Bella vista item in CMDA website.
    CommentQuote
  • Hey......I have booked a apartment in Terra 4, almost 1 year back. I was promised Dec 12 as the possession date. But I could still see, Terra 4 just in foundation and Terra 3 not yet started.

Does any one have good idea when is the new proposed date?
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Freinds,

New to this forum. Planning to book in VGN Krona. Please let know if there is no risk as many says about the issues of airport expansion and shouldnt consider this side and Opposite to Krona is safe. Please clarify as if there is such kind of plans how come big builders like VGN invest and taking further. Last week been to this place as the constructions are on full swing and till 1st level most are built. Please advice.
    CommentQuote
  • in phase 1 or 2 , no issue of airport expansion now, but lots of hidden charges 1.5 km away from main road, but will complete in a yr or 2, do consider navin Eden park at 5200 which is in main rd or sidharth upscale at 4900 but will take 3 yrs for completion again closer to porur on the main road, ETA in porur at 6200 is good bargain, all best
    CommentQuote