X
Collapse

Last updated: April 15 2016
7 | Posts
2729 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m planning a buy a flat at VGP Selva nagar Velachery. Hearing different views about water slogging in that area. Some say, water is not slogging now because of storm water drainage but others say the problem still exists. Anyone staying in/knows about this area, could you pls advice.
    Last edited April 12 2016, 03:02 PM. Reason: Text Formatting

Re : Location: Selva Nagar, Chennai

Dear friend,
    VGP Selva nagar is basically low lying area... it is basically marshland encroached by human beings.. despite all the precautions taken by residents and govt the area does get inundated in water even after a small downpour... if you are buying a flat better to go for one in the Ist floor. Its main advantage is its proximity to MRTS and velachery bus stand ! Best of luck !

Comment

Dear rdinesh,

As said by my friend, it's very close to Velechery MRT and bus stand and also there is a 100ft road WIP which is connecting perungudi which is also very close to VGP selva nagar.

There are lot of places in prime chennai locality which were marsh lands earlier occupied by human beings, where ordinary people cant even imagine buying a second hand flat for 1000sq. ft.

The current rate for the land per sq.ft. is approx Rs.6500.. So if you can close a deal for a ground something between Rs.1.4crore to Rs.1.5 Crore will be good.

Good Luck.

Comment

mounaguru what is the 100ft road you are taking about. Is it velachery taramani road or something new close to railway tracks.

Comment

Velachery, Chennai - Buying Versus Renting an Apartment at VGP Selva Nagar

Hi ,

Due to some constraints I need to stay in VGP Selva Nagar or Bhuvaneshwari nagar , Velachery.

I enquired some new rental flats . They are quoting Rs. 15,000 pm for 2 BHK apartment. The same flat is also available for Rs. 65L for outright purchase.

What should I do? I am OK with both buying and renting out. Which makes more sense?

I will be staying in this area for around 15 years.

Comment

You did not mention psqft price. Whats the flat total sq.ft ? Apart from it, if you like the flat and the location very much then buy it, if not rent it.

Comment

I was stayed almost 3 years in that area, Area looks good, The thing is in the evening u will breath nice aroma air because of perungudi dump-yard. Almost 6 feet flood water covered in that area. Except that accessibility and other aspect its good.

Comment

Its a 1000 sqft flat. Rent is 15k and cost is 65L.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                Working...
                X