Dear Members,

We have a small plot of land in Indira Priyadarshini Nagar (next to Global Hospitals) and someone recently told us that this nagar too might have some archeologically important sites, and because of that people are trying to sell their plots at attractive prices.

We would appreciate anyone who has come across similar situation or has knowledge about the area shedding some light on this issue.

I am also an avid reader of Mr. Economist's views and thus look forward to his advise.
Read more
9 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Is this place near to Bolleni hill project. This project has some ASI issues
    CommentQuote
  • Right, we could say it is somewhat nearer to Bollineni development.

however, in order to say precisely, this nagar is on either side of the road that leads to Global Hospitals from the Sholinganallur - MAdavakkam link road and it is also adjasent to the proposed financial city.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Garuda
    Dear Members,

We have a small plot of land in Indira Priyadarshini Nagar (next to Global Hospitals) and someone recently told us that this nagar too might have some archeologically important sites, and because of that people are trying to sell their plots at attractive prices.

We would appreciate anyone who has come across similar situation or has knowledge about the area shedding some light on this issue.

I am also an avid reader of Mr. Economist's views and thus look forward to his advise.

I am glad to hear some one is interested in my views.

Coming to the point:

There are a lot of rumours and unsubstantiated claims and fears about ASI Megalithic sites – Notification and demarcation.

This fear covers a wide area in the following from Pallavarm/Crompet, Thambaram to Kunrathur.

There is a lot of confusion in many Thaluks around Thambaram.

So far Kanchipuram & Thruvalluvar Collector has notified and demarcated only certain sites in the following areas:

Kunrathur, Erumaiyur, Nandampakkam, Sirukalathur, Sikarayapuram, Kadaperi, Tiruneermalai, Ayyancheri, Kilambakkam and Nanmangalam, in Kancheepuram district.
    Pammathukulam, Pottur, Puzhal and Attanthangal in Tiruvallur district along with Fort St George and Muthialpet in Chennai, Old Town Wall in Tondiarpet and Sri Thiripureeswarar Temple in Madambakkam

ASI has notified Sembakkam near Thambaram and Zamin Pallavaram are highly affected (The ASI notification says 164.47 acres in survey number 157 in Sembakkam (near Thambaram) have megalithic sites with historic heritage features buried in the ground)

I have seen Perumpakkam listed in ASI website, (so is most of South Chennai, starting from St. Thomas Mount until Guduvanchery) how ever the survey numbers are the area extent is not to be found anywhere.

http://asi.nic.in/asi_monu_alphalist_tamilnadu.asp

From what I know:

The rumours are it is only small area from 300 mts from the Perumbakkam Hills and portion of survey Number of Bolleneni Hillside project is affected.
    However it best to check with ASI and Local Panchayath office.

The encouraging sign are:

1. Indra Priyadharshini is about 1500 mts from the foot hills:bab (35):.

2. That there are many major projects are under construction without issues close to the Hill than where your plot is located (Ie: Bollini, TNSCB etc) on top of this the Financial city is earmarked next to your Layout.

3. Today’s update in Dinnamalar about Financial City: http://www.dinamalar.com/News_Detail.asp?Id=277890

4. One thing is for sure, Perumpakkam is not massively impacted as Sembakkam & Zamin Pallavaram.

So stop worrying and make some enquires with ASI & Panchayath to clear your mind.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Economist
    I am glad to hear some one is interested in my views.

Coming to the point:

There are a lot of rumours and unsubstantiated claims and fears about ASI Megalithic sites – Notification and demarcation.

This fear covers a wide area in the following from Pallavarm/Crompet, Thambaram to Kunrathur.

There is a lot of confusion in many Thaluks around Thambaram.

So far Kanchipuram & Thruvalluvar Collector has notified and demarcated only certain sites in the following areas:

Kunrathur, Erumaiyur, Nandampakkam, Sirukalathur, Sikarayapuram, Kadaperi, Tiruneermalai, Ayyancheri, Kilambakkam and Nanmangalam, in Kancheepuram district.
    Pammathukulam, Pottur, Puzhal and Attanthangal in Tiruvallur district along with Fort St George and Muthialpet in Chennai, Old Town Wall in Tondiarpet and Sri Thiripureeswarar Temple in Madambakkam

ASI has notified Sembakkam near Thambaram and Zamin Pallavaram are highly affected (The ASI notification says 164.47 acres in survey number 157 in Sembakkam (near Thambaram) have megalithic sites with historic heritage features buried in the ground)

I have seen Perumpakkam listed in ASI website, (so is most of South Chennai, starting from St. Thomas Mount until Guduvanchery) how ever the survey numbers are the area extent is not to be found anywhere.

http://asi.nic.in/asi_monu_alphalist_tamilnadu.asp

From what I know:

The rumours are it is only small area from 300 mts from the Perumbakkam Hills and portion of survey Number of Bolleneni Hillside project is affected.

However it best to check with ASI and Local Panchayath office.

The encouraging sign are:

1. Indra Priyadharshini is about 1500 mts from the foot hills :bab (35):.

2. That there are many major projects are under construction without issues close to the Hill than where your plot is located (Ie: Bollini, TNSCB etc) on top of this the Financial city is earmarked next to your Layout.

3. Today’s update in Dinnamalar about Financial City: http://www.dinamalar.com/News_Detail.asp?Id=277890

4. One thing is for sure, Perumpakkam is not massively impacted as Sembakkam & Zamin Pallavaram.

So stop worrying and make some enquires with ASI & Panchayath to clear your mind.

Thank you very much Mr. Economist for your prompt and genuine advice.

The information you have provided has come as a great relief for us and we will check it further in the local Panchayat office as suggested.
    CommentQuote
  • All asi sites must be protucted at any cost

Whatever be the consequences, the authority should disclose all the survey numbers clearly that includes each and every door number in that ASI site and make people aware of that area to make other arrangements.
    The ASI seems very lazy or incompetent to deal with such matter.
    I don't know whether the "suffering" from insufficient fund or scared to ask govt.
    It seems they are interested in only protecting Taj Mahal and Red Fort.
    But my opinion is "ALL ASI SITES MUST BE PROTECTED AT ANY COST"
    They must at least install "warning sign board" where ever necessary.
    The ASI must cooperate with Local Municipality/ State Govt/ RI/Tehsildar and Court to deal with such issues and conduct meeting to discuss this matter clearly and come out with concrete measures. Everything should be transparent.
    CommentQuote
  • VRavichandra;.. Check southern hills thread and read my reply. Presume it will help you.
    CommentQuote
  • Economist;, Have inquired and presume there is a opening for the plots beyond 100 meters. Can say effective only after getting NOC.
    CommentQuote
  • Has anyone applied and got a reply?
    CommentQuote
  • Prep for applying noc. Will update asap getting the same.
    CommentQuote