We are currently in the process of identifying a land plot of size between 1800-2400 Sft for buying and the location could be in the visinity of Karanai, Ottiyambakkam, Sangarapuram, Ponmar, Thalambur and Sithalapakkam.

We would appreciate the informed members of this forum to share any information they might have about the location mentioned above and the current market prices.

PS: Our budget is between 10-16 Lakhs.

Thanks in advance for all those who intend to contribute.
Read more
3 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • for that budget I think Ponmar may fit the bill. Cost is really prohibitive in areas like Sankarapuram and Thalambur. Rates in Ponmar are now reasonable and there is ample scope for appreciation since lot of projects are coming up till Madambakkam junction in Vandalur - Kelambakkam Road. I think SBI and DABC have huge projects in vicinity. Pl check and invest.
    CommentQuote
  • Beware of ASI restrictions in these places
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for your valuable inputs.

Last week I come across few brokers one of them is a Tea Shop Owner (whose shop located at Karanai near the junction of Ottiyambakkam Road) cum broker who has offered a plot, he was not sure of size but said betweeen 1800-2100 Sft, for sale from the only approved layout in Karanai (he said all other layouts are patta lands only!) for price of circa 16 L. He was however unable to take us to the layout at that point in time because the owner was away and promised to take us in the next few days. He keeps calling us now for a visit and we are yet to make up our mind.

I would request anyone who is familiar with this area to advise if this is the right price and also are there any other precautions one has to be aware of in these areas like double documents apart from ASI issue, which in any case we planned to check.

Thanks in advance.
    CommentQuote