I need some guidance from the experts on this project as i am looking to book a 3 BHK apartment. I feel location and cost wise, it is a good option. once the Pallikaranai road is made 6 lane, cost in this area should go up even more like Velachery. they have linked the payment schedule to the overall progress of the project. the phase 1 is supposed to be completed by March 2014. It is now CMDA approved project and they provide a DVD with all approval docs once you booked the flat. they are planning to start construnction next week. Could you highlight the issues i should be aware of before booking. if any one has already booked, could you let me know the issues.
Read more
149 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • carpet area

Originally Posted by braveman

Negatives
    Carpet area is just 70% of the Super built area

This is a question in general. What is a good carpet area %?
    say the salable area is 1000 sq ft, built up area is 850 sq ft and carpet area is 750 sq ft, common area comes to 15% and carpet area is 75% of super built up area. Is that a good number?
    CommentQuote
  • Purva Windermere

75% carpet area is excellent ratio, given that most projects are 65%

What is the rate per sft
    CommentQuote
  • The roads to purvankara windermere are crappy and will reamin so until they finish the projs cos only after that proper roads can be laid.. even then its not so great.. but can look a stylish place as there are all these high rise projs near it.. but am not sure of the area in terms of water logging.. might be a huge issue and also very unsafe locality.. my 2 cents..
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Amruth,

All negative of Indiabulls greens applies for Purva windermere too ( exception to approval).I too had booked an apartment and am looking for an exit, the cancellation fees is 15% of the cost of the property, against 2% in indiabulls. I dont think the pool and greenery in windermere will be available for the phase-1 people at all...it may come only after phase-3 (may be 2045).

My suggestion for those who are checking out, please checkout some others in OMR....
    CommentQuote
  • HI,

I wil not agree with Rajith. I have bought a 3BHK flat Windermere. We will have a seperate club house and swimming pool for phase 1 & phase 2. I have received the club house plan as well. Till now, the progress is slow but not very bad. Purva send monthly construction updates to all the buyers. I am hoping the handover of phase 1 to be by the end of 2014 (maximum). It is a CMDA approved project. It is exactly 600m from velachery tambaram road. With lot of builders like raj paris, vasavi etc in this stretch, i am sure access should be OK. There is a big buyer yahoo group which will answer must of your questions regd the project. for the price paid (~3400/sqft),i think it is not a bad investment compared to other projects in OMR (siruseri). I am confident that pallikaranai will be the next major residential hub because of its proximity to OMR, velachery etc.,
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • DS Kumar1 months ago
      Hello Sir,
      How did it withstand the 2015 flood?
  • I am looking to invest in Chennai ! What would be a good location to invest ! Is Windermere a good option! Can any senior mee mbers please advice
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by krish2805
    I am looking to invest in Chennai ! What would be a good location to invest ! Is Windermere a good option! Can any senior mee mbers please advice

Purvankara as a builder has a very low credibility in chennai due to delays in all of its projects. They have not completed even a single project yet in chennai, so keep it as the last option and be ready for lots of delays and medium quality in construction.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by cruise_1982
    Purvankara as a builder has a very low credibility in chennai due to delays in all of its projects. They have not completed even a single project yet in chennai, so keep it as the last option and be ready for lots of delays and medium quality in construction.

They have completed a relatively smaller project in Valasaravakkam, Purva Jade.
    CommentQuote
  • When i googled for Purva Jade, I found lot of issues mentioned like delay (as usual), low quality of completion and how some buyers ran away after reselling their flats . Lot of promises were not kept it seems and also issues in finishing of common amenities.

Just saying what i found ... I am unable to find that link. May be buyers can give a better opinion.

But in general as someone mentioned, Purva's delay history and their habit of non-adherence to promised items, is making many think twice about this project!

Does anyone know about the huge slum settlement opposite Windermere? I heard they are not encroachments and are residents of that area?

Also any word about Phase-2 launch , any tentative rates, as some of my friends are looking at investing here (in spite of the IFs and BUTs)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vettipayyan
    When i googled for Purva Jade, I found lot of issues mentioned like delay (as usual), low quality of completion and how some buyers ran away after reselling their flats . Lot of promises were not kept it seems and also issues in finishing of common amenities.

Just saying what i found ... I am unable to find that link. May be buyers can give a better opinion.

But in general as someone mentioned, Purva's delay history and their habit of non-adherence to promised items, is making many think twice about this project!

Does anyone know about the huge slum settlement opposite Windermere? I heard they are not encroachments and are residents of that area?

Also any word about Phase-2 launch , any tentative rates, as some of my friends are looking at investing here (in spite of the IFs and BUTs)

I was not aware of these issues with Jade.Too bad, I have seen that apartment and it looks decent from the outside though.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by redblue
    They have completed a relatively smaller project in Valasaravakkam, Purva Jade.

Oops, You are right, I missed it. Thanks for pointing it out.
    CommentQuote
  • Agree with cruise 1982. Purva Swanlake had several approval issues and is still to have swans in the lake and Windermere is very bad location wise . I actually liked swanlake and Windermere and pulled back when I sensed a different story about Lake from CMDA

Originally Posted by cruise_1982
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks members for the advice ! The sense i make is that windermere is not a good investment to buy in. Can i get advice on which s teh best location and builder to invest in chennai
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by RaviCbe
    Agree with cruise 1982. Purva Swanlake had several approval issues and is still to have swans in the lake and Windermere is very bad location wise . I actually liked swanlake and Windermere and pulled back when I sensed a different story about Lake from CMDA

Dear Ravicbe- What is the actual fact on the lake in winermere
    CommentQuote
  • I would recommend this project if you are looking at it from investment perspective. I booked in this project last year for 3299/sqft. now it is going 3899. I am confident it will go up to 4500/sqft (minimum) by 2014 end. I would say the risk is minimum if you are going book in Phase 1. If they are going mess up phase 1, they will be in deep trouble in selling phase 2 & 3. When i booked, they just got the CMDA approval. The current status is 2-5th floor slab level on all the blocks. Payment is construction progress linked unlike other projects like bella vista. Till now, they are prompt in sending the construction updates every month. As far as delay is concerned, most of the big projects in chennai which started in 2007 are running 2-3 years delay. I am hoping windermere phase 1 will be complete by 2014 end based on the current progress though the proposed end date is March 2014. As far as the area is concerned, lot of construction activity is happening in & around this area (navins, vishranthi, isha, vasavi, raj paris etc.,). It is exactly 600m from the velachery tambaram road. I would say location is good and it is close to both velachery and OMR. Before making any decision, go and visit the place.
    CommentQuote