I need some guidance from the experts on this project as i am looking to book a 3 BHK apartment. I feel location and cost wise, it is a good option. once the Pallikaranai road is made 6 lane, cost in this area should go up even more like Velachery. they have linked the payment schedule to the overall progress of the project. the phase 1 is supposed to be completed by March 2014. It is now CMDA approved project and they provide a DVD with all approval docs once you booked the flat. they are planning to start construnction next week. Could you highlight the issues i should be aware of before booking. if any one has already booked, could you let me know the issues.
Read more
148 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I think its possible, in Urban TREE Infinity in porur, the builder tld that the water had too much iron content and dey cudnt use it for construction. Dey wre buying water for construction...
    CommentQuote
  • My concern is about the water availabilty rather than quality at windermere , bcoz most of the places in chennai have hard water, iron content or its salty ( hoping its not too salty nor too mch iron content ) and the same can be treated. Even If metro water comes in future , I dont think it will be sufficient for 2500 flats, so anyday we have to depend on borewell. There are gated communities in chennai wre under ground water has depleted. Since vasavi majestica is alrdy running out of borewel water even before residents could occupy, the same might happn at windermere in future. Atleast if the ground water table is high now we need not worry atleast for some time , as surely the builder will do measures for rain water harvesting .. Any member of the forum have idea about the no. of borewells and to what depth borewell is drilled at windermere, pls share..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sundarjp
    HI,

I wil not agree with Rajith. I have bought a 3BHK flat Windermere. We will have a seperate club house and swimming pool for phase 1 & phase 2. I have received the club house plan as well. Till now, the progress is slow but not very bad. Purva send monthly construction updates to all the buyers. I am hoping the handover of phase 1 to be by the end of 2014 (maximum).

Hi Sundar, How is the progress in Windermere ? Any updates on the phase 1 handover
    CommentQuote
  • I agree with your comment

you are correct
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by infoseek
    Hi Sundar, How is the progress in Windermere ? Any updates on the phase 1 handover

Progress is about ok. Block work, internal plastering complete in most phase1 blocks. Ext plastering and other internal works ongoing. Delivery date committed as per agreement was sept 2014. I expect handover by around may next year. Lets c.
    CommentQuote
  • Flat# B2-404

Amruth

I read in this post that you booked B2-404 through Home Konnect, Infact I have also booked the same Flat sometime in June 2011 through Home Konnect (Mr Vijay). Not sure if the same Flat is sold to two parties? If so thats too scary :-(. It assume it must have been a typo.

BTW: did you do the registration? Homekonnect then said that after registration they will provide the discount. Did you follow-up on it?

Regards
    KIshore

Originally Posted by Amruth
    I compared the 2 projects and have booked with Purva Windermere for the following reasons:

Purva Windermere

Positives:

Approved plan
      Better appreciation potential by virtue of close proximity to the
      Velachery-Tambaram route
      Higher UDS %
      Great functional balconies
      Attractive price
      Pet friendly
      Power backup & Good quality fittings/fixtures and a shower cubicle in the master bedroom attached toilet
      Negatives:

No piped gas when smaller communities are offering
        No school in the premises

IndiaBulls Greens

Positives:

Road access is wider and the ambience is comparitively better than Windermere
          Power backup and decent fittings/fixtures
          Negatives:

No approval yet for Phase 2 (higher floors) and 3
            The current price seems a little steep at Rs.3600 (without approval) for Phase 2 and Rs.3500 for Phase 3 (without approval, expected Dec 2011)
            No transfer of apartment possible in case of delays (only cancellation at 2% of total cost price)
            Low UDS %
            Multi-storeyed (personally, I do not prefer 19 storeys)
            I’ve been shown that the carpet area comes to 69% which is in line with most other projects nearby such as DLF, Hiranandani, Opaline, etc. which also I have visited.

I recently booked a 3 BHK-L size apartment in Purva Windermere (Block B2 - 404) through Home Konnect as I did not get any price discount from Puravankara.

Home Konnect gave me a bulk discount on the price and their service was professional. If interested, reach out to me for further queries.
    CommentQuote
  • Wow, still Phase 1 not handed over when Rajparis had been handed over long time back and even Vasavi is doing well. Windermere must take the cake for one of the longest under construction project for a Phase 1 delivery, along with Orchid springs. What are they building, a 10 star luxury complex??? There should be some strict rules to curb such nasty delays by builders. Cant keep postponing delivery date for eternity.. Who will bear the lost opportunity costs?

Good thing I took this project off my list long time back. Puravankara in Chennai is a failure till now.
    CommentQuote
  • Phase 1delivery date is sept 2014 as per agreeement. To be fair even small projects have 6 months delay. Ther are very few big builders in chennai who deliver their projects on time. This project was in pre lauch stage at 2008 and they dint start any construction whatsoever since the plan got rejected and they have to go abck to the drawing board. Customers were given their money back after a years time in 2009 since project plan got rejected by cmda. I think this s the risk one take while entering a project at prelaunch stage. Ppl dont seems to make this noise when other builders like hira do this even for their landmark tower like seagull with 30% money tied with the builder for more than a year. Ther was no activity on this projects fro 3 years between 2009 and 2011.Cmda approved project was lauched in 2011 and phase 1 excavation was started in sept 2011. I dont think it is appropriate to say that the construction is going on for the last 6 years.
    CommentQuote
  • Their Swanlake project is about 8 years old, still not completed.

Their windmere project launched afterwards, stopped in between again started and going on and on....

Thts is why the bad image
    CommentQuote
  • Purva will handover phase 1 in 2015 end and from dre he would take minimum 3 years for phase 2....he would develop the structure for all blocks very fast to collect maximum payment from customer , once 80- 90% payment is made he would take his own sweet time for handing over... buyer has to pay emi till handing over And if handing over gets delayed one cant avail IT benefits too.. The marketing team would give all sweet talks..buyers beware.. dey would say we provide RO treatment plant and you will get drinking water in all taps.. but dey don't give even basic watet treatment plant... i doubt whether water the basic need will be available for the entire community...
    CommentQuote
  • The handover is going to be sometime in 2016 I assume, The CRM had mentioned the handover will be August 2015..and we can expect further delays with Purva.....They are robbing the buyers...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by arakan
    The handover is going to be sometime in 2016 I assume, The CRM had mentioned the handover will be August 2015..and we can expect further delays with Purva.....They are robbing the buyers...

Yup, its going on for eternity. And their CRM weren't so courteous to me as someone has mentioned here. They were very over confident and always used to keep lying that bookings were filled. Lot of agents were doing commission based sales for them. Too much nexus and confusions.

Now they are trying to catch up speed and am sure will compromise on quality and few features promised earlier. Hope they dont cheat the buyers and give them their flats on time atleast now.

Feel sorry for people who invested here. They must be pissed off at Puravankara's worst business ethics. Their delays are not at all justified because they are not doing something out of the world.
    CommentQuote
  • they are launching two more blocks of 2 bhk. any idea on price ?

Sundar , Any update on the delivery ? Also is the constuction quality good and specs are as promised.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vettipayyan
    Wow, still Phase 1 not handed over when Rajparis had been handed over long time back and even Vasavi is doing well. Windermere must take the cake for one of the longest under construction project for a Phase 1 delivery, along with Orchid springs. What are they building, a 10 star luxury complex??? There should be some strict rules to curb such nasty delays by builders. Cant keep postponing delivery date for eternity.. Who will bear the lost opportunity costs?

Good thing I took this project off my list long time back. Puravankara in Chennai is a failure till now.

Why dont we include Hiranandani's Upscale Edina also into this list? Edina under construction since 2008, originally delivery planned in 2013, now 2014 gone, 2015 still just structure ready, now they say delivery by mid 2016, may further drag. One of the longest period of constricted tower Edina.
    CommentQuote
  • Atleast Hiranandani handed over few towers and people have been living for past 1 year. For a smaller project, I would think Puravankara has delivered nothing. Hence it is mentioned as one among the worst.
    CommentQuote