Dear Viewers,

I am new to this website and new to chennai. I am looking for a flat at chennai with the following. This is for investment pupose only. Whichever be the builders i am checking here, there is lot of postive and negative comments from viewers. I am totally confused. :bab (38): I know chennai guys are very smart in this regard. Looking for unique advice.

1) Best location (preferably near OMR)

2) Good amenities

3) Best builders (with good quality)

4) ongoing / upcomming project which will complete by 2012 or 2013.

4) very Reasonable rate

5) Good appreciation in future and good monthly rental.

Ram
Read more
15 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Lancor central park west - Sholinganallur, OMR
    3600/ sq. ft
    check properly reg water logging issues.

L&T Eden Park - Siruseri, OMR
    3700/ sq. ft
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Braveman
    Pl.help me advise the below for Eden park:
    Are this ready to move in flats?
    Is there any corporate booking available w/better price
    what is total price incl of all the charge
    how much appreciation we can expect after 5 years?
    Thanks for your help.
    CommentQuote
  • Heard that they provided OFF for group bookings (for 5 or 10). After all it is buyer's market now, so there is a good chance of getting 5-10% discount if you do group bookings. CTS, TCS employees got it (before 6 months) for 3000/ sq. ft at a group booking of 25. So try to negotiate. I could see a lot of projects like office complexes, malls, and gated communities coming up here. So we can expect a decent appreciation, but can't be so precise since it depends upon the future infrastructure of that locality.

If you are planning to live- L&T south city is a good choice, but the rental demand is not strong as of now due to oversupply.

All the best!
    CommentQuote
  • Braveman,

Thanks for your quick reply. SInce i am away from Chennai, i am unable to check the water logging problems.

I am loooking for perfect flat with good returns. Please give me 3 choice based on priority.

Ram
    CommentQuote
  • I have listed out the pros/ cons for each project. You can shortlist according to ur requirement

Lancor Central Park - Sholinganallur, OMR
    pros
    excellent amenities
    brand name
    location is good - close to proposed financial city

cons
    low lying area
    rate - expensive compared to nearby projects
    monthly maintenance fee is high- 2.50 / sq ft

L&t Eden Park - Siruseri, OMR
    Pros
    located close to SIPCOT
    PSBB school inside
    floor plans are appealing
    innovative construction technique and quality

cons
    located 2 km from OMR and the approach road is not that good.
    carpet area (to Super build up area) is lesser

Hiranandhani Upsale - Egattur OMR
    Better choice but too much pricey

In the meantime if I come across anything better, I'll let you know.
    CommentQuote
  • Why???

Dear Viewers,

Why no one answered :bab (38):other than Brave man.(That's why his name is Brave man???). However, thanks to Mr. Brave man:bab (22):.

Still i am looking forward more views to finalise. Looking forward this week your views Please...

Ram.
    CommentQuote
  • If the flat is for investment purpose, I dont want anybody to stretch his finances. Any pick on the OMR road upto Tirupporur will be good in the years to come. Similar views can be taken for Vandalur - Kelambakkam Road, Tambaram to Singaperumal Koil, Guduvanchery to Tirupporur Road, and on the west side porur, poonamalle ,Thirumazhisai (where the proposed greater chennai is to come up with huge developments on infrastructure and good lot of amenities) and upto Sriperumbudur. Once metro and monorail falls in place, with city expansion and ever growing population, I foresee rich rewards in these areas.
    CommentQuote
  • Similar Requirements

Hi,

Even i have the similar requirements. Any more latest upcoming projects near OMR?

I got to know about Trinity Phase II Urban Tree. The location looks good to me though i dont think i'll be the right person to judge as i'm new to chennai and have moved here only few months back.

He is quoting around 3600 per sqft. Please give me your feedback on the builder, cost and the location.

Posession is expected to be in May 2012.

Thanks,
    Sarang
    CommentQuote
  • OMR

Hai Brave Man,

HIRCO 2 BHK is closed. I have decided to get flat in Appasamy's - Mapleton. What is your opinion?

Any positive and negative updates plz.

If any one can suggest better option (including current market price) than this i will be really thankful to you.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ramkumaruae
    Hai Brave Man,

HIRCO 2 BHK is closed. I have decided to get flat in Appasamy's - Mapleton. What is your opinion?

Any positive and negative updates plz.

If any one can suggest better option (including current market price) than this i will be really thankful to you.

Appasamy is a reputed brand in Chennai Real Estate. Never heard any negative feedback regarding them so far. So you can go ahead!
    But pallikaraini is very famous for dump yards, water logging and mosquitoes. Try to visit the site (or send one of ur relatives/ friends) and check all the factors before deciding.
    All the best
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Brave Man,

What is the present price of Mapleton now? which floor is best to purchase?

Please view their website and suggest me if you can. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Well...the floor rise, it depends upon ur comfort and budget. Personally I am fond of nice garden view and anything above 9 th would be great! You can enjoy life without noise pollution, mosquitoes etc., (hopefully :)). Of course there will be a price rise with each floor.

When I checked the price before 4-5 months it was around 4300/sq.ft
    BTW, did you send someone to check?
    CommentQuote
  • Hello All,
    I registered in this forum recently and found interesting with valuable and pretty useful information sharing..

I'm also looking to invest in OMR road for an investment/living purpose and based on my research I came to know from my friends circle that "Embassy Residency" seems to be an attractive option as it's strategically located near to Sholinganallur Junction, Global Hospital and upcoming Financial City.. Phase 1 is almost booked and the bookings open for Phase 2.

About Embassy group:
    Gone through Embassy group's projects and their background, they have completed good number of projects in Bangalore and ventured in Chennai with Embassy.

Please share if anyone already booked in Embassy or planning to book..

Regards
    Realchennai..
    CommentQuote
  • Rental prospects.

Hi All,

What are the rental prospects for projects like purva swan lake/ mantri synergy located on OMR but not exactly residential places. I am confused whether to go for projects like Esha Yara/ Navin's spring field which are located in good residential locality like mesdavakkam and far away (2 kms) from the main road, or to go for projects that are located on OMR, on not so much residential places.

Which of the two places , medavakkam / kelambakkam has better quality ground water?
    CommentQuote
  • Both do not have good guality ground water.

If madavakkam flat fetches Rs 10,000 rent,the same one in kelambakkam flat will give 8000
    CommentQuote