Hi guys,

I am scouting for plots around the areas of camp road, Vandalur-Kelambakkam road, etc. I have been careful to avoid the areas affected by ASI restrictions. But I have now come across another concern in this area- it is the upcoming Venkatamangalam composit yard, where all the garbage from Tambaram, Pallavaram, and Alandur municipalities will be processed. This sprawling yard is near the BLB Ramanujar layout and Tagore college. People say that this will pollute the groundwater (which is one of the main reasons I am planning to invest in this area :( )

Has anyone thought about this long term concern already and have any suggestions as to how much distance should be avoided around this site?

Thanks in advance,
Ashok
Read more
2 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi arianashok,

I was also hunting a plot near camproad , agaramthen area. I am aware of the vengadamangalam compost yard. After few browsing and discussion with previous similar areas, people suggest to stay away atleast 3 to 5 KM. But i believe legally residential plot cannot be within 500mtrs from compost yard.

I was also aware of few projects like ganapathi nagar in those area which are very cheep compared to other areas. But you cannot find orginal owners. Full of brokers.
    If you are planning only for investment you can try to get a plot in ashok Nagar which is some were one the road between kasapapuram and vengampakam road (this site is very near to camp road and the 200ft proposed byepass road from perungulatur to rajakizpakam. (even here you can get only brokers) but land rate are pretty cheap here.

Also you can try agaramthen area were you can get 1200ft for 10L which is very near to camroad.

All the best

Thanks
    Vettri
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Vetri,

Nice to see another person looking for plots around the same area. I really like this area due to the ground water availability and the possibility of the area developing faster due to the convergence of development from almost all sides (Vandalur, Tambaram East, OMR, etc.).

I have a couple of questions to your reply and would be grateful if you could address them:

1. As you also say, while 500m is the legal limit for resendential constructions around the composit yard, people are advicing against buying any plot within the 4 KM radius. This 4 km radius rules out most of the good areas here (Camp road from Kaspapuram, Vengambakkam road, V-K road until VIT campus, etc.) :( What's your opinion on this situation?

2. How do one go about finding those brokers that you point to? Are they the ones advertising online on MagicBricks, 99Acres, Sulekha, etc? It would be helpful if you could point to a few brokers whom you have worked with in the past and found them reasonable.

I will in India in 3 weeks time and hoping to look for a plot intensively and buy one before I leave.

Thanks,
    Ashok
    CommentQuote