Hi There,
I would appreciate if anyone could let me know if there has been any progress with regarding the approvals for Hiranandani Palace Gardens. I have bought a flat in this project, however the builders are not forthcoming in giving information about the progress of the Project

Thanks
Regards
Hussain
Read more
36 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hassan,

I too have booked a flat at HPG and awaiting further information. I've spoken last week with one of top HIRCO officials who's mentioned that the 15 storey to rise to 27 and approvals in hand.

I am keen to hear from someone who knows exactly what's happening with these projects.

Ayoob
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by hmayoob
    Hassan,

I too have booked a flat at HPG and awaiting further information. I've spoken last week with one of top HIRCO officials who's mentioned that the 15 storey to rise to 27 and approvals in hand.

I am keen to hear from someone who knows exactly what's happening with these projects.

Ayoob

Chennai can have max 60 m height buildings (20 floors) and certain areas like Ambattur where upto 70 m height (23 floors) is permitted (out of Met Radar funnel area) if Helipad is provided at the top.

Generally Chennai builders apply for either 15 metres (stilt + 4) (to launch a project) and then enhance to 60 / 70 metres later after obtaining NOCs from 18 depts (as this takes a lot of time).
    CommentQuote
  • HIra latest status and price info?

Hi All,

May I know the latest status of the project? Also I cant find the price info anywhere in their website?

How do we generally compare upscale projects in general?
    like Hira vs pura vs plympia etc?
    CommentQuote
  • HIRCO is still selling flats. The approval for the 27 floors is still not available. I am just planning to buy so have asked for some documents. The rack rate as they say is currently 2950 plus 20 Rs for each floor. That would give you visibility of the price.

Personally i think this is overpriced but then it is a premium for best of class township. Can't really compare prices since premium is always given for perceived value.

Dlf is coming at 3000 on OMR. Technically one would have to give atleast a ten percent discount to OMR for location. 2500-2700 shd be an OK price as on date.

Some properties closer are also available for 1950/- so can't really compare.
    CommentQuote
  • Views on Hiranandani Palace Gardens-Chennai

We invite views and feedback on the below points from people who have booked in the LOW RISE blocks (ground+3 floors) of Hiranandani Place Garden,Singaperumal Koil,Chennai.

We have been to the site several times and following are our observations:

1. The low rise blocks are fast nearing completion and the builder claims that the handover is scheduled in the last quater of 2009.

2. The promised covered car park has been withdrawn by the builder .Alternatively open car park is being offered.

3. The divider walls between two appartments is only 4.5 inches of hollow blocks instead of the normally used 9 inches divider walls. The 9 inch walls is not only being followed as a specification in the other project of Hiranandani in chennai but also by other builders of repute.

4. Construction of High rise appartments is taking place all around the low rise buildings with extensive movement of heavy equipments.

5. The ameneties and common facilities promised by the builder would be ready acording to them when the high rise blocks gets completed. Minimal common facilities is promised to be completed now to enable handover of low rise buildings.

6. The first of the high rise appartment block is slated for completion in the end of 2010 !!

7. The industrialization in that area has cooled off leading to the substantial reduction of demand for flats in that region.

8. Under the above circumstances it would be adviceble to insist on hiranandani to stagger the payment schedule and position the handover to synchronize with the 1st of the High rise block....

We once again solicit views of co -owners of LOW RISE blocks (ground+3 floors) of Hiranandani Place Garden,Singaperumal Koil,Chennai.

You can write to us at shanker.sgpgmail.com
    CommentQuote
  • Dear friend,

Flats/houses in the nearby Mahindra City area are not fetching any worth mentioning rental value. So many are vacant. The same thing may happen to Hirnandani project as aslo to other so many new projects coming up in the GST stretch from Urapakkam onwards. Only those who want to live in their own apartments with no other choice but to live there, may go in for the flats in those areas or those who have enough money to invest in these flats to see any appreciation in the long term and keep the flats locked rather than giving for low entals.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ks2071746
    Dear friend,

Flats/houses in the nearby Mahindra City area are not fetching any worth mentioning rental value. So many are vacant. The same thing may happen to Hirnandani project as aslo to other so many new projects coming up in the GST stretch from Urapakkam onwards. Only those who want to live in their own apartments with no other choice but to live there, may go in for the flats in those areas or those who have enough money to invest in these flats to see any appreciation in the long term and keep the flats locked rather than giving for low entals.

ks2071746

ks2071746,

Just out of curiosity. Is any major industrial development like OMR being planned in that side of the city where Hiranandani Palace Gardens are coming up.

Is singaperumal koil the next velachery or perungudi. just curious?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Anamika

2. The promised covered car park has been withdrawn by the builder .Alternatively open car park is being offered.

Anybody who has booked an apartment in this place and gets an open car parking in the end is the classic GREATEST FOOL in greater fool theory of investment legends.

Car is the second most important possession for a person after his home. If this car for which one has spent so much money and looked after like a baby does not get a covered home and has to stand in open chennai sun or open rain what's the use of spending Rs.75 lacs for those crazy palace gardens.
    CommentQuote
  • Next to Tambaram and near to Vandalur
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by contra
    Anybody who has booked an apartment in this place and gets an open car parking in the end is the classic GREATEST FOOL in greater fool theory of investment legends.

Car is the second most important possession for a person after his home. If this car for which one has spent so much money and looked after like a baby does not get a covered home and has to stand in open chennai sun or open rain what's the use of spending Rs.75 lacs for those crazy palace gardens.

Dear friend,

I agree. Open car parking is no good. People should insist on covered car parking as assured during booking by the promoter.
    With regard to the area, it is a growth potential area for IT industries as SEZ like Shriram, L&T etc. are fast coming up. Oragadam belt is another industrial belt fast coming up. Due to nearness of the busy NH as well as railway line are the other plus points for appreciation, may not be in the near term like an year or two but in a longer perspectuive like 5+ year period.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote

Does a 1.5L nano need a 2L covered car park? LOL!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Natarajg007

Dear friend,

Why not? The value of the car shed appreciate and the car may depreciate? Some people take the car shed though they may not have car now but get good rent for the car shed like Rs. 500 to Rs. 1000/pm.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Natarajg007

Oh, I didn't know that people who buy a nano could afford Hiranandani Palace Gardens :p

If someone can afford a Rs75 -90 lac apartment at Hiranandani then he will possess bigger cars which cost Rs.7 lac upwards. Don't these quality cars deserve a covered parking.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear friend,

Any car will warrant covered car park. Afterall it is the proud possession of the owner, be it an old car or a new car, whatever be the make and model and price. For some, it is like a pet for the family.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
    ks2071746,

Just out of curiosity. Is any major industrial development like OMR being planned in that side of the city where Hiranandani Palace Gardens are coming up.

Is singaperumal koil the next velachery or perungudi. just curious?

the hir pal grdns is near oragadam which is a industrial estate and will have a 6 lane car testing facility one of a kind in asia and is slated to become a automoble manufacturing hub.many big names have acquired lands there (from the govt)
    it also is enroute from GST road to sripermbudur.

a far as the township is concerened it is a fantastic JUNGLE RESORT
    CommentQuote