Hi all,
Has anyone heard abt this project in OMR?

Pls share your thoughts.....

Thanks in advance
Jay
Read more
56 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • hi.
    i am interested too, am not sure abt the price range..
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,
    Sq ft rate is 3600 Rs i think iam not sure.....but i need details on if they have got approval and all......let me know if you come across about this project.

Thanks
    Jay
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,
    I have brought one. The locations are good.The price is lowest than all builders in the area.

They have good features but I feel they are new builders to the Chennai Scene.

Please let me know if you all find or know anythind.

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Hey,

I attended their roadshow in New York and New Jersey earlier this year and was very impressed by the project offerings. Hiranandani and other developers priced their projects at a rate way higher than them for unknown reasons.

I visited Chennai to have a look at the sample flat and other developments in that area. Opaline is way before the other projects on OMR and it does look to be a good investment.

Better location...better price...kinda new developers ...but was astounded by the Olympia Tech Park in Guindy...investing here 4 sure...:)

Cheers,
    Saurav
    CommentQuote
  • Check with revised guideline values before taking the plunge

Hi:

Rs. 3600/sqft. sounds bit pricier to me. Check www.tnreginet.net for most recent guidlinevalues which are based upon a combination of govt. assessement and builders. Agreed that there will be difference between guideline and market value but if the difference more than 50% then I would not be so confident of paying up. What I have seen is that there is a special add-ons to price if you turn out to be an NRI.
    CommentQuote
  • In their website about this project, I see price for 1250 sq ft is 42,26,300 which is 3380 per sq ft approximately. People to travel by Bus to this place would be very difficult. I am really concern about the maintenence. Maintenance charges usually high for this type of flats.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,

I am planning to buy a flat in Opaline project. Does anyone know how many floors got booked in the 2 BHK block (CITRINE or CORAL) mentioned by Olympia.

And regarding the rates, why they haven't increased the rates till now, coz' the recent quote I got from them is still Rs.3381 per sq. ft. Is it because of the pending approval?

It would be much appreciated if someone could help me regarding this.

Thanks and Regards,
    Bharan
    CommentQuote
  • How do you expect them to increase price when a builder like DLF does a soft launch at Rs.2800/- per sqft. Builders on OMR have artificially hiked up prices. I do not see a return on these rates. When all these projects get completed you will find enough flats as against demand. I do not see a rental of more than Rs.10/- per sqft. Some of the builders will find it difficult to even sell the flats.

Originally Posted by bharan
    Hi,

I am planning to buy a flat in Opaline project. Does anyone know how many floors got booked in the 2 BHK block (CITRINE or CORAL) mentioned by Olympia.

And regarding the rates, why they haven't increased the rates till now, coz' the recent quote I got from them is still Rs.3381 per sq. ft. Is it because of the pending approval?

It would be much appreciated if someone could help me regarding this.

Thanks and Regards,
    Bharan
    CommentQuote
  • They have obtained all the approvals and I heard the formal launch is within a couple of weeks. The project looks promising, and I had a look at the sample flat last week. The location on the OMR strip is awesome and I booked a couple of flats as well.

Cheers,
    Saurav
    CommentQuote
  • Olymbia Opaline

Can someone pls let me know the price Opaline is quoting now ?

Its advantages over DLF in Chennai.

Need to know how to reach the developers directly rather than thru middlemen who will eat our hardearned money.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi

Hi all,

I am also very keen to buy a property at Opaline. I see that this forum has been silent for the past few months. Is it that the project has halted. Has anyone got pics of the progress to date.

If anyone has invested, can you please let me know the lastest update and the current selling price
    CommentQuote
  • opaline - the best one on omr

Hi guys,

After checking several projects along OMR, I have finally decided to buy my first appt. at OPALINE project :) .

Do checkout the below link :
    http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/olympia_opaline/

Regards,
    Naveen
    CommentQuote
  • OMR is a real loose term. Madhya Kailash is also OMR and Tiruporur is also OMR. Be careful to buy these flats at 3600, certainly as Moorthy says you wont get more than 10Rs/sqft as rent!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    OMR is a real loose term. Madhya Kailash is also OMR and Tiruporur is also OMR. Be careful to buy these flats at 3600, certainly as Moorthy says you wont get more than 10Rs/sqft as rent!

Dear natarajg007,

I don't think a rent of Rs.10/sq. ft. can be expected here. I doubt it may be around Rs. 5 or 6 per sq. ft. In addition, do not forget, one may have to pay the maintanence charge of Rs. 2 per sq. ft.? The reason for a lower rent is, there are too many flats coming up in the stretch and most of the flats will come for rental only rather than own living.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ks2071746
    Dear natarajg007,

I don't think a rent of Rs.10/sq. ft. can be expected here. I doubt it may be around Rs. 5 or 6 per sq. ft. In addition, do not forget, one may have to pay the maintanence charge of Rs. 2 per sq. ft.? The reason for a lower rent is, there are too many flats coming up in the stretch and most of the flats will come for rental only rather than own living.

ks2071746

U bet...ur right. What I gave was a higher quote. Even at that level it is fruitless to buy there. One should not buy because your neighbour buys and should not sell because your neighbour does. We need to decide what we want to do. OMR is mostly speculative and if IT does go down OMR will be the first hit.
    CommentQuote