Last updated: February 8 2018
11 | Posts
5519 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gandhi Nager Soceity, Perumbakkam

Dear Friends,

We have just started scouting for a ground of land in south Chennai area. Recently come across a broker who seem to be active in Sholinganallur area suggested that there are some good CMDA approved plots available in Adayar Gandhi Nagar society (near Global Hospital) at Perumbakkam. The price range indicated by him is between 1500-1750 per Sft.

We would appreciate knowledgeable forum members sharing any information in this regard like current price, location, ASI restrictions, double documentation issues etc.

He also said there is one plot is in the name of POA and assured that he would arrange for registration (only then will take his commission 1.5% he said) in response to my query to him that POAs were already scrapped by the Supreme Court.

thanks,

Re : Gandhi Nager Soceity, Perumbakkam

Perumbakkam

The Perumbakkam area has developed a lot when compared to the other suburban areas due to proximity to the OMR, Medavakkam and Velacherry.

The prices of the plots in Perumbakkam including the Indira Priyadharshini nagar, Gandhi Nagar society, Kailash Nagar, Gurudev Colony have sky rocketed in the last 6-8 years. The prices have zoomed more than 3000% in 8 years.

Lets not only talk about the prices, but also the other advantages that this area poses, including the easy reach to Sholinganallur, ELCOT IT Park, SIPCOT Park in Siruseri, and Velacherry(New - Phoenix mall inagurated), the proximity to the fastest growing suburb in India (Medavakkam) according to Knight research, the highways connecting east - west and north - south, and the proximity to the Nanmangalam reserve forest make the Perumbakkam area one of the most sought after location.

However, the other infrastructures such as drainage, piped gas connection and recreational facilities are still a distant realty. These should not be an issue for construction of houses in the area as there are alternatives.

The Gandhi Nagar society is specially well suited for construction of houses as the schools such as BVM global and PSBB have already started operations, and is relatively priced less than the main road facing plots.
    Last edited February 19 2013, 06:05 PM.

Comment

I will add ottiambakkam. sithalapakkam and arasankalani to this list ONLY CMDA approved plots for end use construction
      main advantages -
      5Kms access to OMR
      NO WATER PROBLEM this is really BIG - if you know the story in SHOLS
      Good small neighbourhoods with manageable maintenance fees
      Schools
      Global/apollo hospitals
      Connecting roads are being expanded ( road expansion leads to value growth)
      My major inclination is its close to OMR by multiple connection roads
      Sithalapakkam thalambur road, medavakkam, ottiyambakkam mainroad, semmencheri gandhinagar society,etc
      Different points of OMR can be reached via different access roads and all of them are fairly decent with manageable traffic.
      Mainly these areas are still affordable - PERUMBAKKAM is grown too high in value IMO

Comment

Originally posted by chennaijv123 View Post
        The Gandhi Nagar society is specially well suited for construction of houses as the schools such as BVM global and PSBB have already started operations, and is relatively priced less than the main road facing plots.
        Can some one guide me, what is the price going on in Gandhi Nagar society, perumbakkam currently? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SRaj001 View Post
          I will add ottiambakkam. sithalapakkam and arasankalani to this list ONLY CMDA approved plots for end use construction
          main advantages -
          5Kms access to OMR
          NO WATER PROBLEM this is really BIG - if you know the story in SHOLS
          Good small neighbourhoods with manageable maintenance fees
          Schools
          Global/apollo hospitals
          Connecting roads are being expanded ( road expansion leads to value growth)
          My major inclination is its close to OMR by multiple connection roads
          Sithalapakkam thalambur road, medavakkam, ottiyambakkam mainroad, semmencheri gandhinagar society,etc
          Different points of OMR can be reached via different access roads and all of them are fairly decent with manageable traffic.
          Mainly these areas are still affordable - PERUMBAKKAM is grown too high in value IMO
          What is the present rate for plots in the three areas mentioned by you? Thanks,

Comment

In Ottiyambakkam main road stretch , near Malles on road , cent is more than 10 lakhs. Inside Gandhi Nagar society , per sqft price is 1750 - 2800.

Comment

Any land(layout) availability in this area?

Comment

Dear members,

We were looking for plots in Chennai south for residential purpose. We are offered a plot in Gandhinagar society layout at Perumbakkam. The owner has got patta, sale deed and other native documents. The layout is Panchayat approved only but he has got it regularised individually for that plot in 2004 by Cmda. Now my question is,

1. Is the regularisation still valid under latest GO? can we register it without issues? And can we get building plan approval?

2. And I can see that there are buildings (except very few)in that layout though sorrounded by many big shot apartments.. is there any legal issue or blocker in that area?

This my first property out of my 10 year hard earned money. Any inputs will be of great help to a novice like me.

Thanks

Comment

• krgopalan
                  krgopalan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Check for ASI issues..

• ckpourna
                  ckpourna commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sir, How to check archeology problem present in layout or survey number? Please help on procedure.

The whole Gandhi Nagar layout itself is a problem. There are a lot of legal problems in that place as told by a local person, so I opted out and bought a 3 BHK in Tambaram East. Nobody comes out in the open and tells the problems they have been stuck with. They just keep quiet and watch till the next person gets trapped. This is what happens everywhere especially in land dealings.
                Last edited February 8 2018, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                Working...
                X