Chennai : Plots in ASI Regulated Area Converted to Grama Natham

Last updated: February 14 2018
4 | Posts
1564 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chennai : Plots in ASI Regulated Area Converted to Grama Natham

I recently found out that every bit of land inside the ASI regulated area (i.e., within 300 metres from the marked area) had been converted into Grama natham (areas meant for residential purpose only).

The entire Subramaniabarathi puram layout in Ponmar, Chennai had been marked as Grama natham lands.
    Areas near Perumbakkam hills too affected by this. I heard that this is the case across Tamilnadu in all the ASI regulated areas.

Every one who applied PATTA transfer after 2012 are getting the new PATTA classified as GRAMA NATHAM. I am posting this in the forum since this is a very important news and missing from Indian Real Estate Board topics. Every one must be aware of this news before planning to buy plots in ASI regulated area. I found out this in the last minute before registering one such plot. Even the local VAO office never lets out this info voluntarily.

Does this mean that govt can take over the land whenever they want by giving compensation only for the land(not for the house built on that land).

Please start a discussion under this thread to raise awareness among the buyers and sellers.

Re : Chennai : Plots in ASI Regulated Area Converted to Grama Natham

Yes.I also got same information while doing property search in arasankalani property. Even VAO also didnt told this information. I have got this information from st.Thomas mount CMDA planning office.
    So people please be careful while buying ASI related properties.

Comment

• ckpourna
      ckpourna commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm eyeing a property in Gandhinagar society layout Perumbakkam.. this is within 300m from a
      Hill n is ASI NOC needed for this? It has patta.. what are the chances it will be converted as grama Nathan?

• YugarajM
      YugarajM commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes It has patta. After your purchase it will converted as Grama natham Patta. When your seller got patta. Before 2012 he got it. Check it.

Re : Chennai : Plots in ASI Regulated Area Converted to Grama Natham

* ckpourna

All the patta issued after 2012 in the areas within 300m from ASI site are given as Grama natham patta by default.

If the Patta of property which you are interested is issued after 2012 then it is also Grama natham patta. If that patta # is available online then its normal patta. If its grama natham patta then it wont be available online. You can varify like that.

If this property is registered before 2012, then he would have got normal patta.

Now if you purchase this property and apply for patta then you will get only Grama natham Patta.

Hope you know the difference between grama natham patta and normal patta. Grama natham patta details wont be available online. It will be a yellow or pink paper with hand written details. Normal patta will be like a printout

Comment

Tags: None
    Have any questions or thoughts about this?
    Working...
    X