I am planning to buy panchayat approved plot in kelambakkam. The builder coated 1600/- per sqft. Have given initial amount. I heard in the news that registration of unapproved plots(Panchayat Approved) is banned in TN. My Builder is saying that the govt has given permission to proceed with the registrations and that we can register the plot in the month end of Nov 2016. Is this ture.. is it ok buying panchayat approved land in kelambakkam??? Please suggest....
Read more
6 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi Jaggu,

The ban still stays. HC has adjourned the case for next hearing on Dec 5th. But some registrations are happening then and there which is too risky for the buyers. The HC has not given any verdict till now so you should wait till final judgement is given. Judgement will defer based on the year of layout.

1600/-sgft looks too costly in Kelambakkam area. Which layout is this ?
    CommentQuote
  • Rs 1600 for panchayat approved is too high in kelambakkam
    CommentQuote
  • I think this layout is near the Junction. When I was searching for unapproved plots near Kelambakkam market area, the prices were around 1600/sqft.
    CommentQuote
  • Only first regn.when converted from agri land to plots is banned. If it is resale, no issues
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • Muthusamurai2 years ago
      Hi.. any supporting docs on your claim coz i have heard that any unapproved plot (Registered/unregistered) are kind of dead investments as per the ban in place. Would be great if you throw more light on this..
  • The guideline value for plots have increased and it seems to be averaging around Rs. 1700/- per sq ft. Are there any developments in and around Kelambakkam bus depot? There was a plan to build a bye pass road, are there are any signs of that project getting started?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by lovebirds43k
    Only first regn.when converted from agri land to plots is banned. If it is resale, no issues

That's true. reregistering is allowed and happening as I see it as well.

☺
    CommentQuote