HI There..

Need your urgent advise on the below.

I have located a residential property which is 8yrs old in Kolathur
the property has 4 approved flats by CMDA which is 2 on the ground floor and 2 flats on the first floor.
The Builder has built a Secound floor with 1 2BHK flat 1100 sqft. which is not approved by the CMDA or Corporation

I like the property and have asked for an approval only then I would buy the flat.
The builder has promised to get an approval as he says that there are minor deviations.
However the Plan which he is showing me for the approval is only as 1BHK and 1 toilet, however the actual flat is 2BHK and 2 toilets.

Please advise what I need to know if this would have no after affects with the Authorities.

Note: water and Electricty and house tax is been paid for the Secound flat for almost 8 yrs.

Thank you

the property has 4 approved flats by CMDA which is 2 on the ground floor and 2 flats on the first floor.
The Builder has built a Secound floor with 1 2BHK flat 1100 sqft. which is not approved by the CMDA or Corporation

I like the property and have asked for an approval only then I would buy the flat.
The builder has promised to get an approval as he says that there are minor deviations.
However the Plan which he is showing me for the approval is only as 1BHK and 1 toilet, however the actual flat is 2BHK and 2 toilets.

Please advise what I need to know if this would have no after affects with the Authorities.

Note: water and Electricty and house tax is been paid for the Secound flat for almost 8 yrs.

Thank you
Read more
3 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Could anyone help me get a reply on the above query please.
    CommentQuote
  • un approved flat shall be demolished at any time if found by authorities
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • ricardo3 years ago
      yes but the approval will be received as per the builder.
      My question is the flat will be approved by the corporation for 1 bed room.
      However in the Plan {Drawing} it is for a 1 Bedroom.
      hence please advise if Deviation for the flat could be rectified with a penalty.

• THE BUILDER has proceeded for an approval for the flat with the plan of 1 BHK.
    However as per the actual flat it is 2 BHK and the builder says that it is a deviation.

The deviation can be paid with a fine, please advise if this will be of any cause of concern in the future.

Thank you
    CommentQuote