Hi, 2BHK 1200 sqft new flat in velachery cost is 60L with all facilities including swimming pool. Is it worth investing on it? please advice. I need to decide on the investment.
Read more
73 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by vidhya105
    hi . i m new to this forum .got to know many things from this.can anyone plez tell me
    whuch are all the good areas in velachery to buy flats.. near vijayanagar bus stand as well as access to MRTS station.

Velachary is a large and interesting region. While the old velachary main road, 100ft bypass road, taramani road, tambaram road appear congested with heavy traffic and road side tea shops. There are some internal areas which are posh and calm residential localities, even better then established city areas; only point is you need to research. Its good you came to this forum. Below are some good localities in Velachary region.

AGS Colony: A calm residential area. It is 1.5 km from Vijayanagar bus stand and 1 Km from MRTS station. It is also approachable via the new 100ft inner ring road which is currently almost constructed upto Adambakkam. This inner ring road starts from Velachary MRTS and goes to Chennai Airport when completed.

Adambakkam: It is approachable from Velachary Checkpost or 1.5km from Velachary MRTS via the new inner ring road. As it mainly has individual houses, and few apartments, it may to difficult to find a flat here.

Guru Nanak College Junction: There are some high rise apartments just before Guru Nanak College on the main road junction. From the higher floors you can get a nice view and good wind also. Guru nanak college campus and Guindy national park with lots of open space are behind these apartments.

Some of our members will add few more I hope....
    CommentQuote
  • Dear friend,

A good & useful response to those looking for Velachery locality.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
    hi . i m new to this forum .got to know many things from this.can anyone plez tell me
    whuch are all the good areas in velachery to buy flats.. near vijaynagar bus stand as well as access to MRTS station.

My choice would be dhandeeswaram nagar and Seethapathy nagar.This is near TCS and opposite to baby nagar MRTS.Very good calm residential location.
    CommentQuote
  • thanks a lot.actaully i m looking for places which is maximum 1 km from near by bus stop as well as MRTS station ,also without water logging problems.so kindly suggest me areas as such and the current price of per squarefeet in thos areas.
    CommentQuote
    thanks a lot.actaully i m looking for places which is maximum 1 km from near by bus stop as well as MRTS station ,also without water logging problems.so kindly suggest me areas as such and the current price of per squarefeet in thos areas.

ram nagar north extn (velachery before the fly over on the right side)is good as it abuts even the adambakkam road. the area is decent and calm.it is an old layout adjoining vijaynagar ,behind nathella jewellers. it is near to MRTS,vijaynagar bus stop, adambakkam road, and tambaram velachery road.there are no slums and the locality is pleasant.the water logging is not a problem any more as the stormwater drains have been cleared.beware of selva nagar,bhuvaneswari nagar etc behind sutherland these areas are notorius for fudged ,created revenue records and double documents(as adviced by a revenue official)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abk
    ram nagar north extn (velachery before the fly over on the right side)is good as it abuts even the adambakkam road. the area is decent and calm.it is an old layout adjoining vijaynagar ,behind nathella jewellers. it is near to MRTS,vijaynagar bus stop, adambakkam road, and tambaram velachery road.there are no slums and the locality is pleasant.the water logging is not a problem any more as the stormwater drains have been cleared.beware of selva nagar,bhuvaneswari nagar etc behind sutherland these areas are notorius for fudged ,created revenue records and double documents(as adviced by a revenue official)

Yes the locality is pleasant, except during rains. Water logging is a big problem in this area, was flowing 2-3 feet above the road level even during rains in Nov-Dec 2008. Not aware of any new drains for stormwater after this period. I don't thing it is worth long term.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abk

Yes the locality is pleasant, except during rains. Water logging is a big problem in this area, was flowing 2-3 feet above the road level even during rains in Nov-Dec 2008. Not aware of any new drains for stormwater after this period. I don't thing it is worth long term.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by smartboy

this year many parts of velachery were water logged due to the breach in the lake bund and regd area abutting the adambakkam road were more prone to waterloging as the road construction had blocked the waterways which have/are being rectified now this is the information i got from a friend who lives there.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by smartboy

Best thing would be promotors should offer boats as freebie as marketing strategy in areas such as velacheri,madipakkam etc
    CommentQuote
  • Dear friend,

In water logging areas, boats can help only those stranded to go out or come in to their house/flat for emergencies. How about living there with the family even for more than a day when the place is surrounded by water with all filthy things floating and moving around the place? The turmoil the ground floor people will have to face cannot be described in words. One need to experience to feel it and know in any water logging areas. The situation will be much worser when the water recedes and the place is full of mud and live & dead insects/snakes etc.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by lovebird
    Best thing would be promotors should offer boats as freebie as marketing strategy in areas such as velacheri,madipakkam etc

Not really. Only applicable to around 20% areas in this velachery - madipakkam belt, esp areas around MRTS track and station has this issue in serious proposition.
    CommentQuote
  • abk - banned???
    CommentQuote
  • why he is banned
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ks2071746
    Dear friend,

In water logging areas, boats can help only those stranded to go out or come in to their house/flat for emergencies. How about living there with the family even for more than a day when the place is surrounded by water with all filthy things floating and moving around the place? The turmoil the ground floor people will have to face cannot be described in words. One need to experience to feel it and know in any water logging areas. The situation will be much worser when the water recedes and the place is full of mud and live & dead insects/snakes etc.

ks2071746

Yes, snakes dead and alive are real danger in water logging areas.

I can't understand why abk suggested ram nagar, madipakkam which everyone familiar with chennai knows is a waterlogging place.

Ofcourse there are places in velachary without water logging.
    CommentQuote
  • Ram Nagar in Madipakkam

Dear all,
    Nice discussions going on. I have gone through the forum. it is usefull. I would like to say that any developing area will have problem like this. it is only the cost and comfort binding with in our reach. While u finalise the flat it is after many compromise we do that. I live in sadasiva nager madipakkam. The water logging for ram nagar north and south was there for 3 days as many said rightly. This happened after 3 years.iw 2005 and in 2008. The problem of 2008 was better compred to 2005. Velachery, Madipakkam near MRTS are really a good location for near future. Look back 10 years and think about Vijayanagar u find the diff. The most affected area in Chennai is T Nagar. No need to say furhter on this. Thanks
    CommentQuote