Hello eve'body,

Would you mind sharing your opinion on how much an independent house, 1 year old, 2 floors (800sqft built area each floor = 1600 sqft total), with car parking space could cost in Medavakkam?

Thanks in advance.

regds,
SSN.
Read more
34 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Cost

Should be around 40-45 Lakhs if it is accessible within 1/2 km from the main road & condition around is good.

This is the max price. It can't go above this.

Purly my opinion.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sheshayan
    Hello eve'body,

Would you mind sharing your opinion on how much an independent house, 1 year old, 2 floors (800sqft built area each floor = 1600 sqft total), with car parking space could cost in Medavakkam?

Thanks in advance.

regds,
    SSN.

Dear friend,

What is the land area you expect? For a house within 1/2 KM from main road, good area, the construction cost of Rs. 16 lakhs ( Rs. 1000/sq. ft ), if the land is 1500 sq. ft., ( Rs. 30 lakhs per 2400 sq. ft- per sq. ft= Rs. 1250, 1250 x 1500= Rs. 18.75 lakhs, then you can pay upto a max. of Rs. 35 lakhs.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sheshayan
    Hello eve'body,

Thanks in advance.

regds,
    SSN.

I would pay upto 2.34C. What do you think?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by strongsville

Dear friend,

What can any one think but to wait for atleast 40 years to get this price for this location.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ks2071746
    Dear friend,

What can any one think but to wait for atleast 40 years to get this price for this location.

ks2071746

This is the price Nats would ask for.
    CommentQuote
    This is the price Nats would ask for.

Dear friend,

nats has become more polite and giving his provoking thoughts with good spirit. Why do you want to pull his legs ?

ks2071746
    CommentQuote

You are giving wrong directions to a person asking for directions. You are abusing this forum.
    CommentQuote

I am not sure if Strong will state that again, since he knows that 2.34Cr will happen in the next 4 years for the same property! I am not bullish any longer, I am SUPER BULLISH.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    I am not sure if Strong will state that again, since he knows that 2.34Cr will happen in the next 4 years for the same property! I am not bullish any longer, I am SUPER BULLISH.

Dear friend,

So you are now a super bull. Now that Congress has become stronger with more MPs, they will pull up the economy and the RE faster and this could mean revival of RE sector much earlier than what was thought of.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ks2071746
    Dear friend,

ks2071746

KS you have suddenly jumped from one side to the other. You needed 40 years some 2 posts ago and now you feel it will happen now?
    CommentQuote
  • Friends Avenue

A duplex is up for sale in Friends Avenue, Medavakkam,

Land 1440 SFT & Built Up 1850 SFT. The price they ask is 63L all incl.

Is it a fair price? Is the area a good one?
    CommentQuote
  • Hi All,
    I am a recent member of this forum.:)

I got information about Duplex (fully independent) houses in Kamarajpuram, Medavakkam, built by private, small-scale builders. The one that I was offered is adjacent to the S.I.V.E.T college about a kilometre inside from the Tambaram-Velachery Main road.
    I don't have info of the Land area but the total built-up area comes to 1200 sq.feet and its a twin house - 2 independent houses constructed side by a side on 1 ground.
    Its a 3BHK- A hall, kitchen, 1 bedroom in the ground floor. 2 more bedrooms and 2 bathrooms in the elevation (with internal staircase).
    The asking price is 35 lakhs (includes water, electricity, taxes, registration, etc but excludes wardrobes, cupboards and other personal additions)
    I was told that the asking price is on the higher side and the range of 30L-32L is a reasonable value.

Can anybody kindly advise what would be the reasonable price to buy in the current situation? I am looking from an end-user perspective and not as a speculation purchase. Thank you very much in advance.
    CommentQuote
  • tskumar, assuming you live in chennai and very serious,. the best way is to approach a RE agent in that area and ask for the going rate or tell him
    you have a land to sell how much is he ready to pay for!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reduce 10% from the rate quoted by the agent for 1 ground in that
    location and you will straight away know the value of the land as
    of current time.

use about 1200 per sqft for builders work and you will have price
    for your house.

This should give the guideline of what its worth at currrent time.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by natpudan

Hmm so prices have started to look up already. 63 L for 1440sqft land with 1850sqft building. Discounting even if house is brand new at 1200psft some 23L for it, the land is costing 40L for 1440sqft. That means we are talking of 67L for a ground in Medavakkam. Someone was arguing about 6 months back with me about price of Carborundum land much earlier to Medavakkam. I argued it was ending up by back calculation to 1c per ground there. That seems to be happening now in reality. So if I am in Adayar I should ask 4C and not sell it yet!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by natpudan

Brokers/sellers will always quote like that only.

Discount 20% straight away and negotiate further
    CommentQuote