Hello eve'body,

Would you mind sharing your opinion on how much an independent house, 1 year old, 2 floors (800sqft built area each floor = 1600 sqft total), with car parking space could cost in Medavakkam?

Thanks in advance.

regds,
SSN.
Read more
34 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • having said that if I could find 1200 sq ft in saligramam
    for 50 lkh. i will pounce on it NOW!!!!!!!!,Buying land in
    saligramam is like what it was buying in nungambakkam
    or ashok nagar................in earlier days.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anandxx
    saligramam should be around 1.2-1.3c. However as availability is
    bleak and can fetch upto 1.6c based on locality

So wont you get your half ground for around 60L there. Or if you move further away say to Virugambakkam or Porur where if Saligramam is 1.2C then it must be .8C in Porur, wont you get that half ground for .4C which is in your budget. Honestly I think the price you said is what people seem to QUOTE or want, but are there any sellers?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anandxx
    saligramam should be around 1.2-1.3c. However as availability is
    bleak and can fetch upto 1.6c based on locality

Incidentally the cost of a flat in that locality of Saligramam (around Big bazaar) is Rs 6500psft. Also any simple builder can go to 1.8FSI even in the old method since 1.5FSI is without counting landings, cupboards etc. So at a costly high quality construction rate of 1500psft, it will mean land cost is 5000x1.8=8000psft. That is to say around 2cr per ground. With new building laws one can get a better deal as we can get 6 kitchens instead of 4 as also allowance for 3rd floor after 3 years. That will mean a much higher price. In reality if I am desperate and in need of cash the price I know is 1.3Cr per ground. If I bargain and base on past I have got upto 1.65Cr. I will hold even at 2cr but if someone is desperate to get it for say 2.5 to 3cr I might sell. In such a situation given what you call as BLEAK availability and when I am strong hand, I might get even that price I asked but well I have no reason to sell as of now, so I am just holding. Ofcourse Lovebird is going to give me a good deal! LOL!
    CommentQuote
  • Trying to quit smoking

I have been trying very hard to quick smoking. I learned that I have to have realistic expectations - quitting isn't easy, but it's not impossible either. More than 3 million Americans quit every year.Understand that withdrawal symptoms are TEMPORARY. They usually last only 1-2 weeks.Know that most relapses occur in the first week after quitting, when withdrawal symptoms are strongest and your body is still dependent on nicotine. Be aware that this will be your hardest time, and use all your personal resources - willpower, family, friends, and the tips in this booklet - to get you through this critical period successfully.Know that most other relapses occur in the first 3 months after quitting, with situational triggers - such as a particularly stressful event - occur unexpectedly. These are the times when people reach for cigarettes automatically, because they associate smoking with relaxing. This is the kind of situation that's hard to prepare yourself for until it happens, so it's especially important to recognize it if it does happen. Remember that smoking is a habit, but a habit you can break.Realize that most successful ex-smokers quit for good only after several attempts. You may be one of those who can quit your first try. But if you're not, DON'T GIVE UP. Try again.
    CommentQuote