Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the Future Infrastructure Developments in Arcot Road, Chennai?

Collapse
X
Collapse

What are the Future Infrastructure Developments in Arcot Road, Chennai?

Last updated: March 10 2012
6 | Posts
2291 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the Future Infrastructure Developments in Arcot Road, Chennai?

hello all,

i have enquired about a property on arcot road for buying.

i am concerned about the property if there is future road expansion.
    what are the future infrastructure developments in arcot road?

can anyone clarify on this matter?

regards,
    ramkrishnan.

Re : What are the Future Infrastructure Developments in Arcot Road, Chennai?

Originally posted by ramkrishnan View Post
    i have enquired about a property on arcot road for buying.

I am not sure where exactly you have located the property or whether your purpose is investment or end use but Nevertheless Welcome to the worst road in Chennai.Unless there is a monorail route in this route (which is being planned) or you work in odd hours, be prepared for commuting nightmare everyday. Arcot road gets flooded even after light rains.There has been absolutely no improvements for the past 20 years.I am not very hopeful of immediate future too.Regarding developments, there has been a lot of development (both residential and commercial) in areas abutting Arcot road.I think I also read somewhere that Arcot road is also one of the roads chosen by Corporation of Chennai for integrated development. But I feel unless encroachments are cleared and Road is widened, there is going to be any drastic improvement.

Comment

hi corvette,
      what i exactly want to know is whether the property will go under land acquisition,if the arcot road goes for road expansion.it is a commercial property abutting the road.
      owners are quoting 2800rs per sq ft for this 1000 sq ft built up property.

regards,
      ramkrishnan.

Comment

Decide yourself!!

Originally posted by ramkrishnan View Post
        hi corvette,
        what i exactly want to know is whether the property will go under land acquisition,if the arcot road goes for road expansion.it is a commercial property abutting the road.
        owners are quoting 2800rs per sq ft for this 1000 sq ft built up property.

regards,
        ramkrishnan.
        Hi!

I am not a great expert, but you an look at the price and decide. When you are saying its main road and commercial I don't think 2800rs should be the right price it should have been somewhere around 8000-9000 so looks like something fishy in here check it out deeply before you proceed. Btw if government wants to expand and any building or house on they way they give notice and go ahead demolishing.

Comment

oh

the price is not correct, and if it is correct it has already received notice from govt for acquisition. even then govt will pay u the guide line value before taking up.

Comment

Agree with SNT and Bala.Please do your due diligence.

Comment

My view is any property abutting any commercial or arterial road should be avoided. Imagine the plight of the owners of houses/shops demolished along the inner ring road for the Metro rail project. Expansion of Arcot road is next in plan after ECR widening.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
              Working...
              X