Last updated: July 31 2021
1130 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Plots / Land in Ponmar - Medavakkam -Mambakkam Road, Chennai

Originally posted by mukunth View Post
    Guys.. Thanks..

I agree that Currently Price in ponmar s high when compared to infrastructure it has..
    below are some of reasons which made me to invest in this location.. i would see most of people would agree...

1) has a potential to grow as decent residential area in future considering the fact that it has many DTCP approved layouts with wide roads like vp, selva....
    3) Good connectivity to medavakkam and GST
    4) Once ponmar to navalur road is relaid, these area will see growth from OMR also.. hope so..
    5) Once Vandulur bus terminus kick started, these areas will see development as Medavakkam to Mambakkam s only connecting route to vandalur apart from tambaram for people from velachery
    6) JOnes, Artha have already invested in these areas.. I also heard that people like casa have huge parcel of land.. waiting to invest..
    hope to see lot of activities in future..
    Mukunth,

I would have to disagree atleast on 2 views of yours,

5) I don't think people will take Medavakkam-Mambakkam road (approx 33kms) to reach Vandalur. People from Velachery might instead prefer,
    a) Kamakshi hospital-->Pallavaram-->Vandalur (Approx 23kms)
    b) Kamakshi hospital-->Medavakkam-->Tambaram-->Vandalur (Approx 23.5kms)

But i do agree that Medavakkam-mambakkam route would be relatively less congested.

6) I don't think Casa have any more investment in Ponmar. Casa kind of have Get in-Develop-Deliver-Exit attitude. It is very unlikely that they have any more land banks/investments in Ponmar.

But I do see a huge fenced layout on the left side of Med-Mam road close to ponmar. Some big player is either ready to enter or has already entered ponmar.

Comment

Originally posted by Wishland View Post
      Mukunth,

I would have to disagree atleast on 2 views of yours,

5) I don't think people will take Medavakkam-Mambakkam road (approx 33kms) to reach Vandalur. People from Velachery might instead prefer,
      a) Kamakshi hospital-->Pallavaram-->Vandalur (Approx 23kms)
      b) Kamakshi hospital-->Medavakkam-->Tambaram-->Vandalur (Approx 23.5kms)

But i do agree that Medavakkam-mambakkam route would be relatively less congested.

6) I don't think Casa have any more investment in Ponmar. Casa kind of have Get in-Develop-Deliver-Exit attitude. It is very unlikely that they have any more land banks/investments in Ponmar.

But I do see a huge fenced layout on the left side of Med-Mam road close to ponmar. Some big player is either ready to enter or has already entered ponmar.
      Ponmar's prospects are the following only

1 - Organic spill over from Sithalapakkam sankarapuram medavakkam
      2 - Availability of large good DTCP approved layouts
      3 - Ponmar navalur road , Ponmar venkatagmangalam rod and MM road expansion causing infra to pick up
      4 - Thanks to the excessive investor and speculator interest and partly IREF forum to pump the area

Comment

Originally posted by SRajagopalan View Post
        Ponmar's prospects are the following only

1 - Organic spill over from Sithalapakkam sankarapuram medavakkam
        2 - Availability of large good DTCP approved layouts
        3 - Ponmar navalur road , Ponmar venkatagmangalam rod and MM road expansion causing infra to pick up
        4 - Thanks to the excessive investor and speculator interest and partly IREF forum to pump the area
        guys..

Thanks for ur analysis..
        Hope there are good prospects for Ponmar to become decent residential area in future..

Comment

guys..

Thanks for ur analysis..
          Hope there are good prospects for Ponmar to become decent residential area in future..
          Im not expecting this area to turn gold in 3-5 years, but if you patiently hold you can see a good return here.
          plus i would suggest to buy smaller dimension plots like 1800sqft / 2400 etc
          so that its easy to dispose when pricing becomes decent

Comment

Any recent registrations here ? looks like not much sellers in Ponmar .No end user buyers also.Not sure how long it will be like this ?

Any rate change after Ponmar-kandigai road from ponmar and after launch of Artha ?

Comment

Originally posted by shanki_31 View Post
              Any recent registrations here ? looks like not much sellers in Ponmar .No end user buyers also.Not sure how long it will be like this ?

Any rate change after Ponmar-kandigai road from ponmar and after launch of Artha ?
              Yes supply has dried out, Ads in paper are non-existent, Some end use buyers still out there, many speculators still there
              rate of transactions have come down
              Plots in VP SELVA Balaji AM Thiagaraja Naveen vendan pompugar gangotri lakshmi nagar are still available
              Brokers / sellers call me often but prices have gone up steep in the last 3-5 months
              Imnot able to find attractive deals im sitting quietly waiting for non broker vyabari marked up deals

Comment

My two cents -

1. PONMAR has VM oppurtunity compared to other areas closer to the City.
                2. Price comparison with other sub-urbans shows Ponmar is much bettter priced/available.
                3. Good Layouts Selva, VP, Arun, Thiyaga etc with not much forgery documents.
                4. Selva, Arunmozhi have plots around to Rs 1000 - Rs 1100 per sq ft available. I am seeing none of the other places have plots for this price near/around chennai with the vicinity like Ponmar.
                5. I am not getting plots for this price anywhere in GST less than 3 kms till Singaperumal kovil.

I was initially not attracted to Ponmar but when I compared prospects and VFM with other locations, this is much better and I have confidently invested.

I will be very happy if the price just gets to rs 1500 per sq ft in these layouts.

guys..

Thanks for ur analysis..

Comment

Originally posted by shanki_31 View Post

Shanki,

I believe buyers in new layout are mostly end user. Not much available in resale as the entry point for the new layouts are high and people will sell only if the profit is good. Attached below is the picture of a house that has been constructed (supposedly by an end user) in one of the new layouts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ponmar.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	2198417

The Ponmar-Kandigai road used to be good (albeit narrower) during 2010. Heavy showers and frequent trips of vans/trucks transporting mineral water made the road un-motorable. The new roads are better and wider. I could see some dirt piled up on either side of the new road, possible meant to extend them more. I wish this road laying process could be a one time exercise (how often do we see roads being extended & relaid).

Also, I seriously doubt the entire stretch from Ponmar to Kandigai has been relaid. The roads were good till the Krupa Aqua farm, after that I think it was the same old road.

Points/Observations picked up en-route:

1. The garbage pile up close to Parsn Ahaana & Navins starwood towers has grown up and much worse, it was set on fire.
                  2. The lake opposite Gold winner is pretty much dried up. Saw lorries being washed. Gold winner factory & the Lorry body building units does produce an uncomfortable stench.
                  3. Exterior paints done at Crystal springs, from Rajparis construction.
                  4. Wanted to visit Leaders gate site but for want of time, skipped it.
                  5. Saw some flex boards promoting Casa Grande Urbano phase-2, not much visitors on the day i traveled.
                  6. Could see a house at finishing stages in Ishwarya avenue.
                  7. Jones foundation has almost completed the Castle valley. Could see 2 shutters on the club house. May be provision for two new shops/commercial establishments.
                  8. Didn't notice any work being done in the Waste-to-Energy plant, since it was a sunday.
                  9. Exterior paint being applied to Dhanishka Allegria. Construction going on for close to 3 years. Not sure if anyone would be interested to move in (considering proximity to Waste-to-Energy plant).
                  10. Few towers of Vijay shanthi Park Avenue wear new exterior coats of paint. Resembles a pack of stacked matchboxes (no offense)

Disclaimer: The photo added is to show only the recent developments in the area and not intended to infringe upon the privacy of people/property.
                  Last edited June 1 2013, 11:43 AM. Reason: Added Disclaimer

Comment

Originally posted by Wishland View Post
                    Shanki,

I believe buyers in new layout are mostly end user. Not much available in resale as the entry point for the new layouts are high and people will sell only if the profit is good. Attached below is the picture of a house that has been constructed (supposedly by an end user) in one of the new layouts.

[ATTACH]28968[/ATTACH]

The Ponmar-Kandigai road used to be good (albeit narrower) during 2010. Heavy showers and frequent trips of vans/trucks transporting mineral water made the road un-motorable. The new roads are better and wider. I could see some dirt piled up on either side of the new road, possible meant to extend them more. I wish this road laying process could be a one time exercise (how often do we see roads being extended & relaid).

Also, I seriously doubt the entire stretch from Ponmar to Kandigai has been relaid. The roads were good till the Krupa Aqua farm, after that I think it was the same old road.

Points/Observations picked up en-route:

1. The garbage pile up close to Parsn Ahaana & Navins starwood towers has grown up and much worse, it was set on fire.
                    2. The lake opposite Gold winner is pretty much dried up. Saw lorries being washed. Gold winner factory & the Lorry body building units does produce an uncomfortable stench.
                    3. Exterior paints done at Crystal springs, from Rajparis construction.
                    4. Wanted to visit Leaders gate site but for want of time, skipped it.
                    5. Saw some flex boards promoting Casa Grande Urbano phase-2, not much visitors on the day i traveled.
                    6. Could see a house at finishing stages in Ishwarya avenue.
                    7. Jones foundation has almost completed the Castle valley. Could see 2 shutters on the club house. May be provision for two new shops/commercial establishments.
                    8. Didn't notice any work being done in the Waste-to-Energy plant, since it was a sunday.
                    9. Exterior paint being applied to Dhanishka Allegria. Construction going on for close to 3 years. Not sure if anyone would be interested to move in (considering proximity to Waste-to-Energy plant).
                    10. Few towers of Vijay shanthi Park Avenue wear new exterior coats of paint. Resembles a pack of stacked matchboxes (no offense)

Disclaimer: The photo added is to show only the recent developments in the area and not intended to infringe upon the privacy of people/property.
                    i think you guys have deep knowledge in this area.. good....
                    is this photo taken from bougan villa layout??
                    do you have any idea about new layout being developed behind bougan villa layout??

Comment

Plot 7 Story of VP nagar

Interesting read -
                      PLOT 7 Veerapandi Nagar Story
                      http://tinyurl.com/kx4q3rg

Current price is 36Lakhs
                      Are there any takers - aka idiots
                      Last edited June 3 2013, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X