Collapse

Plots / Land in Ponmar - Medavakkam -Mambakkam Road, Chennai

Last updated: July 31 2021
1130 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Plots / Land in Ponmar - Medavakkam -Mambakkam Road, Chennai

LL, Thank you for your detailed analysis on this. I will look into the other options too.

Comment

Originally posted by LandLogix View Post
      This is a dtcp approved layouts in melakottayur. Watchout for compost yard. We don't know how it is going to turn out but it is only 700 meters from this layout.

This is a relatively new layout so you have good laid roads etc unlike old layouts like veerapandi nagar and selva where you can't even find which plot is where.
      There are not much resale units coming out of serene meadows and other such new layouts.. i found one in sulekha for around 1250 psf in serene meadows. Serene meadows is 950 meters from vk road. you may also try sudarshan nagar which near mambakkam after VIT, around 500 meters from VK road and also far from compost yard. Price might be litte bit high.

Else after sudharshan nagar, you have nandha nagar which is further away from vk road but can get around 1000 psf. But there are already many houses but gives village kind of look. You try to visit these places and get a good idea. When you visit try to cover all the areas in kandigai, melakottayur, venkatamangalam and ponmar. 100s of layouts there one after another. This will give you a complete knowledge to some extend, so you can make better decision.
      I heard, In sudharshan nagar, many plots has double documents, i heard this from more than 1 broker. Also there is a burial ground near nanda nagar. please watch out and decide.

Comment

Originally posted by kannan1 View Post
        I heard, In sudharshan nagar, many plots has double documents, i heard this from more than 1 broker. Also there is a burial ground near nanda nagar. please watch out and decide.
        There is burial ground near by sudarshan nagar too but it depends on where exactly you buy in the layout. A visit is always must.. just don't visit the layout, roam around the area to get additional info.

Do legal verification through lawyer.
        Get computer EC for 27 years in guduvanchery SRO
        Get manual EC for additional around 15 years in Tambram register office
        Visit ratnamangalam VAO office Mr.Dhanusu to verify name in patta, chitta and adangal.
        Check private or porambokku land, patta chitta adangal verification and A records online in Government of Tamil Nadu Welcomes You

Just don't go by brokers words be it good or bad. Sometimes broker says negative comments if they don't have anything to offer in the layout you ask for and then show the layouts where they have plots to sell ( not speaking about sudharshan nagar , just telling in general. ) If many brokers claims there is trouble, there could be. Sometime one single incident spread across brokers and everyone will repeat the same.

Ok, I agree buying resale plots will be confusing, frustrating and time demanding. There is no other go but go through this experience. Just read this forum regularly, you will start get idea. Contact many brokers at the same time, compare their prices to see the guys who just looking for commission instead of extra 100 to 200 per sq,ft. The broker who give lowest price might have direct contact with seller / owner. If a broker continuously give lower prices than other brokers , he is just looking for that 2% commission and he can be relied upon.

If you want to avoid brokers, keep an eye on the below regularly and also call to the very old advertisements in the same order of preference.
        websites: sulekha, olx, quickr, 99acres, magic bricks
        papers: thinathanthi, hindu property ads, freeads

If a direct owner quotes very very high price, he might be just trying to sell for first time and greedy. Call him after a month and he would have realized the correct price at that time and you can atleast talk about the price & negotiate
        Last edited March 23 2013, 01:04 PM.

Comment

LL. You surely are a very knowledgible person in RE. Thanks for all your inputs.

Comment

Is 1300/- psft at Veerapandi Nagar is the normal? (This is on a 24ft wide road).

Comment

Originally posted by manchula View Post
              Is 1300/- psft at Veerapandi Nagar is the normal? (This is on a 24ft wide road).
              A couple of days before, member rockeyireb posted saying someone of his friend got at 1050 psf in the middle of veerapandi nagar in 30 ft road. I too know a sale through broker which executed at 1050 psf in the end of veerapandi nagar. At the same time some brokers asking 1300 for the end of veerapandi nagar 1400 in the middle.

Don't be hasty, try to find & wait for the right deal to get in, if you want to make a smart investment. There is no bigger selling tool than emotional blackmail. They will say prices keep increasing every day and you will never get these prices again if you miss now. Last week one bought a plot in selva nagar for 880 psf and this week one of this forum member sees getting 750 psf in selva nagar. So it is all about finding the right deal. If your waiting time & effort's worthiness is greater than the price difference, you may get in right away at available price.

Irrespective of price, my suggestion is don't go for 24 feet road. Find atleast 30ft. 40 or 50 ft if possible.
              Last edited March 23 2013, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Thank you for your further inputs, LL.

Comment

Originally posted by LandLogix View Post
                  A couple of days before, member rockeyireb posted saying someone of his friend got at 1050 psf in the middle of veerapandi nagar in 30 ft road. I too know a sale through broker which executed at 1050 psf in the end of veerapandi nagar. At the same time some brokers asking 1300 for the end of veerapandi nagar 1400 in the middle.

Don't be hasty, try to find & wait for the right deal to get in, if you want to make a smart investment. There is no bigger selling tool than emotional blackmail. They will say prices keep increasing every day and you will never get these prices again if you miss now. Last week one bought a plot in selva nagar for 880 psf and this week one of this forum member sees getting 750 psf in selva nagar. So it is all about finding the right deal. If your waiting time & effort's worthiness is greater than the price difference, you may get in right away at available price.

Irrespective of price, my suggestion is don't go for 24 feet road. Find atleast 30ft. 40 or 50 ft if possible.
                  LL Manchula
                  Based on my research current price on 30 - ft is in 1150 to 1250
                  40ft -1200-1300-1350
                  50ft 1300-1500
                  Most factors come into play Facing, park, nearby development etc

I have a RELATED question for CRUISE and LL

in V nagar there 2400 sqft plots - that are 40 by 60 and 30 by 80
                  from a valuation does this make a difference if so what should be the factor

Comment

Ponmar plots

Originally posted by SRajagopalan View Post
                    LL Manchula
                    40ft -1200-1300-1350
                    50ft 1300-1500

I have a RELATED question for CRUISE and LL

in V nagar there 2400 sqft plots - that are 40 by 60 and 30 by 80
                    from a valuation does this make a difference if so what should be the factor
                    My valuation would always be more for 40x60 than 30x80. The former also fits the vastu better than the latter dimension. Frontage matters even when the property is residential.

Comment

Originally posted by SRajagopalan View Post
                      LL Manchula
                      40ft -1200-1300-1350
                      50ft 1300-1500
                      Same here (for Veerapandi nagar). Someone quotes 1500 psft for a 30ft rd plot, near the new apt coming up at veerapandi nagar.
                      Last edited March 23 2013, 07:07 PM. Reason: added the location

Comment

Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X