Collapse

Appaswamy Greensville Appaswamy Builders Sholinganallur Chennai

Last updated: June 8 2018
420 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Appaswamy Greensville Appaswamy Builders Sholinganallur Chennai

Lovebirds, Can you share details on the Mylapore project to be launched? I am not able to get any details

Comment

Originally posted by lovebirds43k
      101 times it was told that Appaswamy does not offer any discount or referral commission whether you book 1 or 100 apartments. That could be the set back for the agents
      Straight shoot....

Comment

Originally posted by lovebirds43k View Post
        But the people preferences have changed.

The blocks facing the OMR got booked faster than the blocks located next to it inside!!!.

The apartments located right on the Poonamalee high road (patchiappa college to central) always have the high demand either for rental or resale even though heavy traffic is always there

Location is the big plus. Elcot IT park and many IT companies are surrounded.Outside door step bus stop is there. No wonder more apartment/villa projects are planned in the vicinity.

Yes, for some people preference is to be away for about a KM inside from main road. Those who like to rent they prefer on road apartments
        Maybe all are workaholics and people want to gauge the traffic situation before stepping out of the house to avoid wasting time.

Jokes apart. I am not against on OMR flats. It is only Appasamy Greenville in an not so good location IMO. Even with the recent traffic diversion the traffic towards adayar did not see any benefit. To get in and out of the apartment is going to be a nightmare with autos as well parked right next to the proposed gate. Pollution is a big problem in that junction.

COmpared to this ASV Alexandria is in a better place. But the backside of the project is not as good as it looks from the front. Backside has severe water stagnation. The project has zero ground water.

Below is a picture of water stagnation from backside of ASV. The picture was taken today and even after 3 days the water is not dried up. You can see water lorries continuously on this road catering to sabari apartments and all. A severe mosquito breeding ground. During heavy rains this area is in serious trouble. In 2008 rains not joking I remember my friends struck inside companies on Backside were provided boats to come to main road. Nothing has changed since then.

My question to you, Eco or anybody in this forum, lets leave people preference and booking out, Will you buy an apartment in such an location for end use, if so why?
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by srivat View Post
          Eco,

A question for you. You have been quoting location, location, location as the first preference for RE investment. I am also a follower of the same.

@Srivat,

Good question.

A) Will I live on:

1. A Main road,Highway (OMR/GST/PH road/Mount rd/Arcot/IRR)

2. Next to a Flyover,Grade Separator,Elivated Exp way

3. An arterial bus road.

The answer is a BIG NO.

B) In India will I invest in such location?

YES.

The reason for A is - I have lived in an Anglo-Saxon countries from the age of 20 and my brain and body is mostly tuned to non Asian living preference.

The reason for B is -

Personally I believe the "main stream" Indian population still loves such location and are even willing to pay more for such location (Mid budget section)

An Apartment in Padi Grade Separator advertises the location as a big plus and the flats sold as hot cakes.

In another forum a member points to large vacant land parcel right next to Kathipara flyover + Metro pillar and admiringly asks who is such a lucky owner of that block (my reaction was yuk). Other members proudly state the owner is Hindustan Telephoto or some think and goes on & and on as how that land had appreciated to 100s of Crores and many more joins in with concurrence.

I have heard from childhood thousands of time, "Main roadilla bungalow/vedu" " Busilla iruntha pathala balcony therium" etc etc. People still rave about crapy flats on Gemini flyover.

For Land holdings in such locations in India - Options are plenty.

Although some Individual preference are changing (Particularly in the high- end) in India - I do not think the mainstream population's mind set will not change any time sooner.

The above straight opposite in Anglo-saxon world or continental Europe .

For example in Canada or Australia if a residential property is located on a busy main road or Highway the property price is around 30% lower to the market price of the area.

The price is even lower 40% or more,if it is on a busy Junction, Flyover, Roundabout,Grade separators etc.

Even though the traffic, pollution,noise is much much lower than India.
          Last edited September 3 2013, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Economist View Post

The reason for A is - I have lived in an Anglo-Saxon countries from the age of 20 and my brain and body is mostly tuned to non Asian living preference.

The reason for B is -

Personally I believe the "main stream" Indian population still loves such location and are even willing to pay more for such location (Mid budget section)

Although some Individual preference are changing (Particularly in the high- end) in India - I do not think the mainstream population's mind set will not change any time sooner.

The above straight opposite in Anglo-saxon world.

For example in Canada or Australia if a residential property is located on a busy main road or Highway the property price is around 30% lower to the market price of the area.

The price is even lower 40% or more,if it is on a busy Junction, Flyover, Roundabout,Grade separators etc.

Even though the traffic, pollution,noise is much much lower than India.

Lol! Very weird thinking. Nothing to do with Anglo Saxon or Indian mindset. No one likes to live on main road, it is nightmare due to dirt, blaring horns, etc...

We have an apartment on main road in Chennai, we hate it but we prefer it over interior road apartments due to following reasons:
            -Main road is always better maintained by local body compared to interior roads.
            -Shops are at walking distance, just few steps away for all basic needs.

Builders prefer main road because of higher FSI. Human needs are same everywhere, Indian tastes are much more closer to British taste than say Chinese or Japanese thanks to 250 yrs of colonial influence.

BTW, it is not just in Anglo Saxon world, even in first world Asian countries and non-Anglo Saxon countries like France, people don't prefer to have house in noisy area.

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/North-...s+on+property/

Folks in condos and HDB blocks facing directly to the NSE viaduct potentially face a fall in their property values. Who wants to live next to a constant stream of dust and noise? As much as LTA tries hard to minimize the effects, it will no longer be the same living there.
            Last edited September 3 2013, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Love4Land
              No one likes to live on main road,.......

We have an apartment on main road in Chennai, we hate it but we prefer it over interior road apartments due to following reasons:
              -Main road is always better maintained by local body compared to interior roads.
              -Shops are at walking distance, just few steps away for all basic needs.
              "We" is not the entire universe and it is a small *** in the larger scheme of things. Universe caters to spectrum of preferences. If no one likes to live on main road, which planet are those who live on TTK Road and PH Road comes from? LOL...

Comment

Originally posted by maverick007 View Post
                "We" is not the entire universe and it is a small *** in the larger scheme of things. Universe caters to spectrum of preferences. If no one lives on main road, which planet are those who live on TTK Road and PH Road comes from? LOL...
                Selectively marking certain words in bold and posting some nonsense. The emphasis is on "Like" not "we".

No one "likes" to live on main road

Who likes the noise and dirt?

http://articles.economictimes.indiat...-traffic-noise

AKumar , a senior journalist, was one of the moving forces in building a cooperative group-housing society in IP Extension , in East Delhi. Now, he is planning to shift to some quieter place, as the incessant traffic outside the society has made his life miserable.

The peace loving Kumar is not the only person who is at the receiving end of traffic noise, round the clock. There are a large number of residential societies, commercial buildings and other institutions in the capital and the NCR, which face the brunt of unbearable traffic noise, through the day, and night. Naturally , this incessant sound pollution caused by vehicular movement also results in ailments for people who are exposed to them for any length of time. The situation has reached a point when, today , the number of people opting for properties exposed to noise pollution along busy roads is dwindling at a rapid pace.

Comment

Originally posted by Economist View Post
                  @Srivat,

Good question.

A) Will I live on:

The answer is a BIG NO.

B) In India will I invest in such location?

YES.
                  Fundamental Investment rule # 2 according to me

Invest in instruments which you like and believe.

Doesn't your thinking contradict this rule in case if you believe as well.

A modified version of warren buffet quote "Only buy something that you'd be perfectly happy to hold even if the RE market ends deep red for next 20 years".

Comment

Originally posted by Love4Land
                    Selectively marking certain words in bold and posting some nonsense. The emphasis is on "Like" not "we".
                    What "We" "like" is again not universal liking . Think outward and have a broad perspective rather than being a frog in the well. You were talking about out-of-the-box thinking...it is way too far...it has to start from ground zero...thinking!!

Comment

It shows fundamental lack of understanding on why main road properties in Chennai are expensive. Eco thinks Indians love the noisy and dirty main road properties.

Main road properties are expensive due to higher FSI, amenities nearby, better maintenance, etc..Not because of dirt and noise.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X