Last updated: June 8 2018
420 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Appaswamy Greensville Appaswamy Builders Sholinganallur Chennai

Originally posted by srivat
    Fundamental Investment rule # 2 according to me

Invest in instruments which you like and believe.
    Believe - yes, like -Need not. I hate spirits but love holding "United Spirits" after Diageo took control . Those who love Philip Morris may not like smoking. Why? Are we talking about socially responsible investing?
    Last edited September 3 2013, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maverick007 View Post
      Believe - yes, like -Need not. I hate spirits but love holding "United Spirits" after Diageo took control . Those who love Philip Morris may not like smoking. Why? Are we talking about socially responsible investing?

There are 3 types of investing. Even though lot of principle overlaps there is a unique distinction in all 3.

Fundamental
      Technical
      Opportunistic investing.

In Fundamental investing "like" has a different intensity then Opportunistic investing. You saw an opportunity by Diageo control but that does in short term change the fundamentals?

Opportunity has to overlap with fundamentals to become value investing. Such opportunistic investors have failed in some cases like Ranbaxy.

Philip Morris and not smoking example is fine. But one has to ensure his hard earned money maybe life saving he is investing does not go in smoke. Atleast my principle of safe guarding my investment as I have very limited resources.

Comment

Originally posted by srivat View Post
        Fundamental Investment rule # 2 according to me

Invest in instruments which you like and believe.

Doesn't your thinking contradict this rule in case if you believe as well.

A modified version of warren buffet quote "Only buy something that you'd be perfectly happy to hold even if the RE market ends deep red for next 20 years".
        I do not expect you to remember my previous posts, However in the past time and time again I have stated that i do not mix Investment with personal likes & dislikes.

I have given examples like Selling/making Auto rickshaws does not mean you love driving one or prefer to travel on at all times.

I do not belive in that rule in its entirety.

The rule I was taught is:

Invest in instruments which you understand and believe.

I may prefer to drive AMG M class & A5, I will have no regrets to sell Hyundai or KIA for business if can make decent quid out of it.

How many of those builders live a flat???

How many mining investor like coal & coal mining area, Many would not even dare touch the product let alone stand in Mining area for 1 day.
        Last edited September 3 2013, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Economist View Post
          I do not expect you to remember my previous posts, How in the past tim and time again I have stated that i do not mix Investment with personal likes & dislikes.

I have given examples like Selling/making Auto rickshaws does not mean you love driving one or prefer to travel on at all times.

I do not belive in that rule in its entirety.

The rule I have tought is:

Invest in instruments which you understand and believe.

I may prefer to drive AMG ML550 & A5, I will have no regrets to sell Hyundai or KIA for business if can make decent quid out of it.

I got your point.

But for me depending on where work takes me I may move there as well. So I dont buy anything from pure investment point of view. I think as an end user in all cases as I am an resident indian .

So my investment style is different.

As I said the Rule # 2 is my belief and others need not have the same belief.

Dont mix up liking and owning. I was just trying to understand the rational of investment if your preference is against such places. I got it now.

Comment

Originally posted by infoseek View Post
            Lovebirds, Can you share details on the Mylapore project to be launched? I am not able to get any details
            They have not yet put up in their web site.

You can just call their office for further details. Price is Rs 14000 per sqft. It must be a small project. Area is 1200 to 1800 sqft, I think

Comment

Originally posted by Economist View Post

There is a fundamental flaw in your investment logic.

Your rationale is this:
              Builders don't live in flat, therefore flats are not for high end people.
              Builders live in individual house, so land investment is better that is why you invest in land.

Flaw 1: Builders don't live in empty plots, they live in built houses.
              Flaw 2: Builders may not consider the house they live as their best investment. It is for end use. You are not buying for end use, so you must check where builders invest their earnings rather than where they live if you are serious about following builder's personal investment decisions.
              Flaw 3: Builders don't buy land in remote and barren areas like TNHB layout in Sholinganallur. So it is wrong to conclude that a land there is better just because builders live in individual houses.

Comment

Lovebirds, Can you share details on the Mylapore project to be launched? I am not able to get any details
                Infoseek, I am surprised there is a project in mylapore without your knowledge.
                I know you scanned mylapore recently before giving up and buying in different place.

Comment

Srivat, My scanning powers are limited unlike you.. Any ways cannot afford it... Just to know, aasai yarai vituthu.. will keep dreaming.

BTW, Can you define the perfect location for RE investment as per you.. Should it be JUST OFF the main roads..

Comment

Originally posted by Love4land
                    There is a fundamental flaw in your investment logic.
                    Logic does not involve thrusting something that was never said. Logic is providing a rationale to what one said and it needs to make some sense. All of what you said in #126 is your own imagination and has nothing to do with the context of "How many of those builders live a flat?"

Comment

Srivat, My scanning powers are limited unlike you.. Any ways cannot afford it... Just to know, aasai yarai vituthu.. will keep dreaming.

BTW, Can you define the perfect location for RE investment as per you.. Should it be JUST OFF the main roads..
                      I an not against on OMR apartments. Only Appasamy Grenville I am not that much in favor because of shos junction traffic. Stationed vehicles in signal and difficult to move in and out.

I still like Olympia or HIra which is on OMR but apartments are 200 300 meters away and also the location is not that congested. I would personally prefer to be somewhat atleast 200 meters away from main road in a peaceful location away from horns and smokes.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X