Appaswamy Greensville Appaswamy Builders Sholinganallur Chennai

Last updated: June 8 2018
420 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Appaswamy Greensville Appaswamy Builders Sholinganallur Chennai

Originally posted by Economist View Post
    Water "stagnation" on empty land parcels next to Builtup land parcels is a common issue in most parts of Chennai.

1. The reason being the built upland parcels are on raised land.

When you have raised up properties sorrounding an undeveloped parcel - water stagnates.

Once that area gets filled up with raises developed properties and road raised water do not stagnate.

2. Flooding due to water course/pathway - This is another problem.

Marshland over flows in to OMR/AREL is negligible chance as One side ElCOT SEZ and Other Side Satak college forms current bountry.

Velachery with much much bigger issue as located on a lake.

Same with T.Nagar that was built on a huge Lake.

I do not think AREL has any issue of flooding or Water Stagnation.

For your concerns about the "area" close to OMR, I would say do not to worry as it is in better position than Velachery and even yesteryears T-Nagar.
    Eco atleast I know what it is and not denying it. The question was simple

Is it wrong to share the current scenario and the reality?. That is what I did.

"Tomorrow is an uncertainty, Today is real". I am sharing today's reality you are talking about grey area.

That marshland whatever you call is allotted for financial city (government land). Until something comes up it is going to remain the same. We know whose vision is financial city?. As of now hope for the best is we can do, that does not change the reality of today.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodandsand View Post
      Let us take this hypothesis at face value.

[COLOR=#5d5d5e][FONT=Verdana]

Tenants are also end-users. Aren't they? How/when does the transition in end-user preference happen from tenant to owner?

For as many number of property-on-main-road haters, there are equal number of property-on-main-road lovers. It is just the preference of each individual and his/her perspective on relative advantages/dis-advantages. Leave it at that!
      B&S, I beg to differ with your view. Expectation and preferences are different for end user and tenant though tenant may be an end user. From a tenant perspective, following are the key items in their check list: Maintenance charge (expects low maintenance charge irrespective of the no. of amenities provided, argue they hardly use it), access to public transport / autos / schools, additional payment to be made for water/sewage etc.,. From tenant’s perspective things like builder reputation, build quality, premium for being on the higher floor levels etc., doesn’t add much value. Based on my past experience, irrespective of location, projects bang on main road always carry premium rentals and preferred by Chennai tenants compared to the ones off-main road.

Comment

Originally posted by sundarjp View Post
        B&S, I beg to differ with your view. Expectation and preferences are different for end user and tenant though tenant may be an end user. From a tenant perspective, following are the key items in their check list: Maintenance charge (expects low maintenance charge irrespective of the no. of amenities provided, argue they hardly use it), access to public transport / autos / schools, additional payment to be made for water/sewage etc.,. From tenant’s perspective things like builder reputation, build quality, premium for being on the higher floor levels etc., doesn’t add much value. Based on my past experience, irrespective of location, projects bang on main road always carry premium rentals and preferred by Chennai tenants compared to the ones off-main road.
        Sundar, This is what I am getting from everyone here. Few have even agreed they will get into this project for investment due to rentals and not as an end user.

Same question to you, Agree on your rental points

"Will you invest in this project as an end user knowing the traffic congestion, pollution aspect etc."?

"Does one locally residing in chennai has the bandwidth for purchases specifically for investment and will not worry about end use"? - I know depends on people networth but need your opinion.
        Last edited September 5 2013, 03:28 PM.

Comment

B&S, I beg to differ with your view. Expectation and preferences are different for end user and tenant though tenant may be an end user.

IMO "End-user preferences Vs Tenant preferences" doesn't seem meaningful. It should be "Owner Vs Tenant". Let us ignore the semantics and move on to the details.

From a tenant perspective, following are the key items in their check list: Maintenance charge (expects low maintenance charge irrespective of the no. of amenities provided, argue they hardly use it), access to public transport / autos / schools, additional payment to be made for water/sewage etc.,.

From your list, Maintenance charge/amenities are nothing specific to on-main-road properties. Water/Sewage also doesn't have anything
          to do with on-main-road or off-main-road property. Irrespective of owner or tenant, everyone likes to have easy access to public transport / autos / schools.

How does this explain ONLY tenants preferring on-main-road property whereas owner not having such preference?

From tenant’s perspective things like builder reputation, build quality, premium for being on the higher floor levels etc., doesn’t add much value.

Agreed. But this has nothing to do with on-main-road property.

Based on my past experience, irrespective of location, projects bang on main road always carry premium rentals and preferred by Chennai tenants compared to the ones off-main road.

Very true. Explains on-main-road properties are sought-after by tenants. But doesn't explain/establish that owners don't like them!
          Last edited September 5 2013, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Srivat,

Thanks for having pulled me into this loop . I posted enough in other forum in AREL thread on various issues . That is great Location as on date to quickly interlink ECR ,GST,Adyar,SIPCOT.

If you could read my post clearly, I supported and not "reacted " and nsivan sought opinion from others and not reacted. But someone pulled the post and coloured with Reaction

" Regarding water flooding and stagnation , I would say it is not serious in entire chennai but water penetration back into flats sewerage and water line and damaging the entire ground and first floor too ( damge to car, Toilets water flooding etc) during heavy monsoon and continuous rain of 10-12 days is to be considered very serious as many lost valuables and not reachable into their flats until it drains out . "

There is only one area in chennai which is prone for the " Above " and all of us know that sweet spot

Originally posted by srivat View Post
            REC Ravi sir, COngrats on your purchase in AREL. May this purchase bring you happiness and prosperity.
            Last edited September 5 2013, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by REC2013 View Post
              Srivat,

If you could read my post clearly, I supported and not "reacted " and nsivan sought opinion from others and not reacted. But someone pulled the post and coloured with Reaction
              REC Sir, I know. That was a comment as you were termed as a buyer in GV. The message was for publisher of post to infer as it had nothing for you in it but only your name.

Comment

Originally posted by infoseek View Post
                Senior members, Any views/clarifications on my query... L4L seems to be garner all attention..... is it because of Love in his name, but it is missing in the posts.
                Yes, you are right..It cannot be sold seperately.

Bumpy ride to parking lot | Business Line

But everyone does it, the cost you are paying is not to buy your car parking slot or locker/garage, it is for getting a clearly earmarked space so that no disputes arise in future once the association is formed. Strictly speaking once the owners association is formed all this can be done by ourselves free of cost.

Comment

Nabhishek... Thanks a lot.. Finally I got recognition... waiting from morning...

Comment

Originally posted by srivat View Post
                    Sundar, This is what I am getting from everyone here. Few have even agreed they will get into this project for investment due to rentals and not as an end user.

Same question to you, Agree on your rental points

"Will you invest in this project as an end user knowing the traffic congestion, pollution aspect etc."?

"Does one locally residing in chennai has the bandwidth for purchases specifically for investment and will not worry about end use"? - I know depends on people networth but need your opinion.
                    Another reason why people don't prefer to live on main road apartment is apartment density. FSI is 2.5 instead of 1.5

In case of Greenville, since it is in CMDA limit, they'll get another 0.25 FSI for construction of EWS units. They can go for premium FSI in addition to that, though not sure if Appaswamy is going for it.

One good thing about main road project is, builders will generally avoid going for premium FSI as guideline value is generally much higher than interior areas.

Guideline value of GST road in Pallavaram and Chromepet is 10,000 psf. Tambaram is 7,000 psf. I'm sure for OMR it is much lower, but still won't make economic sense to utilize it.

Comment

Can you compare and post in similar fashion about Sobha Meritta vis a vis AREL which is bang on ECR link road .

Premium FSI is the order of the day and need not be discussed time and again to increase number of posts of yours and mine .

CMDA limit is shortly going to be enhanced across Kanchipuram Dt you know .

Pallavaram , Tambaram is not to be discussed in OMR thread item and again .

Originally posted by Love4land View Post
                      Another reason why people don't prefer to live on main road apartment is apartment density. FSI is 2.5 instead of 1.5

In case of Greenville, since it is in CMDA limit, they'll get another 0.25 FSI for construction of EWS units. They can go for premium FSI in addition to that, though not sure if Appaswamy is going for it.

One good thing about main road project is, builders will generally avoid going for premium FSI as guideline value is generally much higher than interior areas.

Guideline value of GST road in Pallavaram and Chromepet is 10,000 psf. Tambaram is 7,000 psf. I'm sure for OMR it is much lower, but still won't make economic sense to utilize it.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X