Hi,

In 2017, May. I have bought the land 2800 sqft out of 3200 sqft DTCP approved land from person X.

Can someone confirm that this might have canceled the DTCP apprval ? and have to get new approval for my land?

Thanks,

Read more
4 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • yes u cannot divide a land which is approved by dtcp. ur land approval is automatically canceled
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,

I brought a piece of land 880 sq.ft (41x21 ft) in 2017 march in Ayanambakkam.. This 880 sq.ft was part of 1900 sq.ft plot and layout owner itself gave this.. The entire layout is CMDA approved in 2005. Should i get an approval again from CMDA before selling..? I have got Patta tranfered in my name without any problem..

Pls advice...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by RockNRoll
    Hi,

I brought a piece of land 880 sq.ft (41x21 ft) in 2017 march in Ayanambakkam.. This 880 sq.ft was part of 1900 sq.ft plot and layout owner itself gave this.. The entire layout is CMDA approved in 2005. Should i get an approval again from CMDA before selling..? I have got Patta tranfered in my name without any problem..

Pls advice...
    Any suggestions..
    CommentQuote
  • I'm not sure if the existing approval will become void/cancelled but have seen the regulation for obtaining dtcp approval for sub divided plots.

http://www.tn.gov.in/tcp/approvals.html

Sub-division and amalgamation of plots

The power to give technical approval to sub-division / amalgamation of plots is vested with Member secretaries of Composite Local planning authorities to certain extent.

Applicant should submit application in 5 sets to the Member Secretary, Local Planning Authority/NTDA/RDD in the prescribed form with necessary enclosures

The sub-division of sites for the uses like residential, commercial, industrial, public and semi-public purposes etc., can be approved subject to the following conditions:
    Sub-division of sites in approved layouts may be approved;
    Sub-division of sites abutting the roads owned and maintained by the local bodies may be approved;
    Sub-division of sites will not be approved in unauthorised layout;
    Sub-division can also be approved where one plot abuts an authorised private or public street or the proposed road of Detailed Development Plan or Master Plan, if the Executive Authority of the Local body gives certificate to the effect that the street is taken over by the Local body and it is a recognised public street/road;
    Sub-division will not be approved when the sub-division proposal violates the regulations of Building Rule, Multi-storey Building Rule, Public Building Rules, Detailed Development Plan regulations and proposals, Master Plan regulations, Coastal zone regulations, Hill Area Building rules, Heritage town regulations as stipulated by the Government and any other regulations notified under other Acts but concerned with urban planning and developments.
    The minimum dimension of the sub-division of sites must not be less than 9 metres x 18 metres in Detailed Development Plan areas and it must not be less than 6 metres x 18 metres in non Detailed Development Plan areas in Municipalities and Town Panchayats. In Panchayat union areas, it must be 12m x 18m.
    The sub-division approval for one site must not reduce the dimensions of the abutting site below the level that indicated for the sub-division proposals mentioned in this instructions. This means after approving the sub-division proposals, the minimum dimension of the abutting sites also must not be less than 9 metres x 15 metres or 12m x 18m as the case may be depending upon its location in the Detailed Development Plan areas or non Detailed Development Plan areas or Panchayat union areas.
    Sub-division proposals if create new roads as access ways to the sites, must not be considered as a sub-division.
    The site for which sub-division is requested should not cause drastic violations of rules to the existing building.
    CommentQuote