Sort by :
Filter by :
- Did the Dailies say April this year :-)? I think AAI would have made an ultra complex project plan for Making Announcement itself !!!! Hence the delay.I don't expect anything soon.CommentQuote0Flag
- Already they've announced 4-5 times :)CommentQuote0Flag
- Originally Posted by bravemanAlready they've announced 4-5 times :)
Confirmation needs to come from state govt as well.Once they (Hope some private player) start work at the site only then we can be sure.CommentQuote0Flag
- greenfield airport
If it comes to existence where it would be - some say sunguvarchatram - some say ETA globeville is been built in the land proposed for airport . Where is it actually located.CommentQuote0Flag
- greenfield airport
Thank u for ur accurate link -- hope for the best .CommentQuote0Flag
- TN proposes second greenfield airport
To come up in Sriperumbudur at a cost of Rs 20,000 cr
Chennai, March 22:
About Rs 20,000 crore will be invested in a greenfield airport near Chennai, says Tamil Nadu's vision 2023 document.
The second airport proposed in the auto cluster of Sriperumbudur, about 40 km west off Chennai, will span 4,800 acres. The feasibility report is with the State Government. Once work on this airport starts, it is expected to be completed by 2020.
The annual passenger traffic at the existing airport in Chennai is 12 million. It is estimated to double by 2020. “But the airport will reach saturation by 2016-17 itself, thus causing a strain on operations and prompting the need for another airport,” says Mr E.P. Hareendranathan, Airport Director.
Currently, the existing airport handles about 325 aircraft movements a day. Even with the expansion, it will be able to handle only 500 movements by 2020.
According to the document released by the Chief Minister, Ms J. Jayalalithaa, the Greenfield airport complex will be equipped to handle 40 million passengers.
The new airport, which could have even four runways, will help Chennai to be on par with Delhi and Mumbai airports, he said. “We could even handle the largest aircraft in Chennai then,” he said.
An aviation park is expected to come up near the Sriperumbudur airport. This project is still in the preliminary stage.
The document also says that an investment of around Rs 5,000 crore will be required to upgrade existing airports in Coimbatore, Tiruchi and Madurai to international standards with a capacity of 10 million each.
Business Line : Industry & Economy / Logistics : TN proposes second greenfield airportCommentQuote0Flag
- vision 2023
HI Corvette -- is there any link to document - "vision tamilnadu 2023 " -- or can we get a copy for sale -- where can we get it ..CommentQuote0Flag
- i think she has the guts to make it at any cost. If any one politices it she knows how to put them behind the barCommentQuote0Flag
- Another important thing is both major parties are for the airport.So it is likely to move ahead full swing once project starts.I just hope some good private player like L&T Changi combine wins it.Then we will have one of the worlds best airport in Chennai may be even ahead of scehdule.CommentQuote0Flag
- Another update about the airport
Chennai set to get a second airportCommentQuote0Flag
- Airport, airport nu solli all these real estate brokers are fooling people of their hard earned money...The present airport is getting capacity to handle double the existing capacity...so after so many years of existence the capacity had to be only doubled..so what makes people think that chennai desperately needs second airport- just think before buying...there is absolutely no financial sense...atleast for another 25-30 years there wont be any second airport in chennai...for people with land/plots in that areas, they are simply hyping to jack up price..nothing else..so beware of crooksCommentQuote0Flag
- the new airport if at all will cater only to the spill over traffic from the current chennai capacity,Think of it chennai airport meenambakkam has been there for ages but there was no significant growth in real estate around meenambakkam even though there was enough social infra in nearby areas of pallavaram,alandur etc.The Gist of the argument is that a new airport(supplementary one) alone is not going to encourage people to move there discounting the fact that there(greenfield airport)is zero social infra at present.CommentQuote0Flag
- Well said, the presence of airport nearby has only been a curse for surrounding localities like meenambakkam, pozhichalur and pammal. Real estate prices here are considerably lower than localites further away like tambaram and Perungalathur, due to threat of airport expansion and building height restrictions. Once greenfield airport comes,properties closer to new airport will witness price stabilization, unless air travel gains popularity like in developed countries.CommentQuote0Flag