Collapse

Association bye law for gated community - buying a plot inside gated community

Last updated: July 20 2019
1 | Posts
597 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Association bye law for gated community - buying a plot inside gated community

I am planning to buy a vacant plot from a land promoter. The whole site is planned as a gated community and originally they have constructed more than a dozen Villa's. The Villa's are constructed by another promoter and they have successfully completed and handed over to the villa owners. The villa promoter also has registered a house owner association for the welfare of the community. There are clubhouse and other amenities like 24/7 security, park, centralized sewage system, water treatment in the community.

Recently when enquiring another neighborhood who has recently purchased a plot in the same community, he said he has been adviced by the member of the housing society that elevation should be in compliance with the community standard and they should not drill bore inside their plot as per the association rules. I am having some dreams on the house and I think this intrustion will spoil it.

My promoter is not providing any details regarding the association. All he is saying is that it is optional to join the club house. My questions are

1. I want to join the association to enjoy the amenities, but at the same I want to ensure my rights on property like elevation, bore, gardening are not compromised. How do I legally ensure this?

2. How do I get access to the bye-laws of the registered house owner association? So that I read it completely and understand before signing the deal.

Re : Association bye law for gated community - buying a plot inside gated community

Hi,

Best is to approach association secretary or any members and get a copy of bylaws for your reference. In general, they just charge a meager amount for printout and distribute the copy.
    Last edited July 20 2019, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Tags: None
    Have any questions or thoughts about this?
    Working...
    X