House demolition charges

Last updated: September 26 2019
5 | Posts
205 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House demolition charges

My father constructed the house in 1977. He got planning permission and through loan from madras port trust. I got the patta just six months back. I am going to demolish and reconstruct the house. My area is 1830 sqft and constructed area is 700 sqft. Do I have to pay any charges to CMDA. I dont know whether my land is approved or not, but i got the planning permission receipt in 1977.

Re : House demolition charges

Originally posted by indumol View Post
    My father constructed the house in 1977. He got planning permission and through loan from madras port trust. I got the patta just six months back. I am going to demolish and reconstruct the house. My area is 1830 sqft and constructed area is 700 sqft. Do I have to pay any charges to CMDA. I dont know whether my land is approved or not, but i got the planning permission receipt in 1977.
    You can get it demolished through private contractors.

In North India, private contractors do this job and also pay you some amount for demolishing your house ( rate mainly depends on cost of scrap mild steel prevailing at the time ). They make money out of selling the material used in the building being demolished.

See, if such an option is available to you.
    Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

Comment

MANOJa Is it so? Do contractors actually pay for demolishing your house? Is it the same in Mumbai too?

Comment

Originally posted by mmalhot View Post
        MANOJa Is it so? Do contractors actually pay for demolishing your house? Is it the same in Mumbai too?
        Should be the same, but i am sure about this in Delhi. Recently got my house demolished in Delhi ( about 16 months back ) and was paid Two Lakhs by the contractor for demolishing it. The rate of new & scrap saria has been down for some time now, otherwise i would have got 3-4 lakhs.

Comment

Originally posted by MANOJa View Post

Should be the same, but i am sure about this in Delhi. Recently got my house demolished in Delhi ( about 16 months back ) and was paid Two Lakhs by the contractor for demolishing it. The rate of new & scrap saria has been down for some time now, otherwise i would have got 3-4 lakhs.
          Okay, I was unaware of such a thing. Thanks for sharing. Will enquire if it is the same here in Mumbai.

Comment

Check with the local contractors. Similar facility should be available all across India.

Comment

Tags: None
            Have any questions or thoughts about this?
            Working...
            X