Last updated: March 29 2012
5 | Posts
1344 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need an expert advice!!!

Hi All,

We are into deep trouble after finalising a particular property in Chennai. I need some expert advice in overcoming the situation in a smoother way. We had bought a flat in chennai 4 months back. The house is almost in completion stage. Just opposite to our flat there will be a big vacant land. A particular community alone is using this land as a buriel ground burning the dead bodies which unfortunately we came to know only when we are almost in a stage of moving into the flat. When we enquired in the nearby houses they are saying that there is a government authorized burial ground just a km away but a particular community alone is using this land as their burial ground. They also told that they had struggled a lot to close this burial ground but their efforts had gone in vain. In this stage when we checked with the builder he is saying that the vacant land just opposite to our flat is an approved layout only and some community is misusing this land in this way and that too the frequency of the dead bodies coming there will be once in a while only not very frequent like that. Added to it he is saying that the title where the flat is being constructed is proper without any issues. In this stage, we are in a deep dilemma on what to decide, whether to hander over the property to the builder and move out or whether to accept the fate and stay there itself. Please let me know the feasible solution. Any inputs on this will be much appreciable!!!

Re : Need an expert advice!!!

Does anyone has any valuable suggestion on this?

Comment

Nobody can be an expert on this subject! It's your decision based on how serious you take it. The fact that the dead are buried/burnt in itself doesn't matter to me, but how clean/unclean the place is and the disturbance (dancing and drinking) it causes does. Its a practice in some communities that the burial ground is reserved for some families only, that makes the frequency even less. Its' your call.

Comment

hi,

Which area is this.

Ram

Comment

feel sorry for this. U should have done ur homework before it self, but it happens to even the smartest investor. I personally advise u to move away if u have that option of handing over the flat to the promoter becaz u neither can rent it for a good value or sell it later becaz of the same issue. If no option left u all have to join as a team to fight it out legally which is time consuming and u need to wait for sometime. wishing u good luck

Comment

Thanks snt2011 for your timely information!!!

Even I too had the same thought of handing over the property to the builder itself instead of dragging the problem till the later date.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
            Working...
            X