Hi

In chennai the prices of plots or even a flat for that matter is going beyond the reach of a common man. Is there any chance for the prices to correct in near future?

With a salary of 15k, it is beyond the capacity of common man to buy a house or flat
Read more
260 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Nataraajg007
    But we need boats for velachery

read the post the point is addressed there and for your info many areas including 100 feet road,virgumbakkam,valsarvakkam to name a few were in as much water as velachery.my friends place in velachery had 1/2 feet of water on the streets which was so everywhere in chennai.
    a few years back the whole of mumbai was flooded and nobody has vacated those places.
    you are a daydreamer natraaaj
    kotivakkam under the sea means mylapore under the sea too,triplicane under the sea too. you know may be you should stop walking on the road a car might hit you, see the stats., probablity is high,
    T.nagar north usman road,pondy bazaar,venkatnarayana road which are prime areas pan chennai were flooded, i had to leave my car for two days there.
    CommentQuote

natraaj visit velachery today.u paint it as a ghosttown.i too saw pictures of boats 100 feet road near vadapalani and i remember bombay's plight.
    boats or ships velachery is hot
    wake up natraaj
    CommentQuote
  • velachery is a better place despite some drawbacks
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote

Well the problem is even the silly mod of this forum is not hitting Nataraajg out of the forum. So the chance of a car hitting him is the only way we can get his nuisance out of this place.
    As for Velachery it looks good. As for Kottivakkam, it is also an excellent place depending on WHERE you are buying. IT has slums, small roads, but also excellent options. So start searching from ECR into Kottivakkam and if the road is great then you have a goldmine. Velachery is not a gold mine is you are not in say the stretch near Planet fashion. Also Velachery is yet considered backward by many.
    CommentQuote
  • water logging

Originally Posted by Nataraajg007

Dear nataraaj007,

I wonder why so many people jump on you when you say, we need boats for velachery. Only thing to be added is, boats needed at times of rain/water logging, may be once in 3 or 4 years? It is true that many places were water logged in the recent rains and boats were needed. In addition to BOAT, one should not forget the ordeal people affected will be put into in such water logging situations. I know of a close relative of mine living in the I floor of a flat at Vadapalani, who was taken aback at 2'O clock in the night when water entered the place and in the ground floor. They did not have water for 3 days and hence no bath and they were struggling for drinking water. The items, live and dead which float in the water and go, is an exeprience one would not like to have. There were days when people buy their houses/flats in such areas and live in rented houses/flats in non water logging areas, but now people rather would stay in their own house/flat and face the one week or ten days in a year ordeal and it has become the normal thing atleast once in four years, though not each year.
    In the same Vadapani water logging due to lake bund opening by the residents near the lake, the tenant in the GF was to conduct the marriage of his son employed in US and they were to go to an intermediate place by bullock cart to get into a car to go to the Kalyanamandapam for his marriage. In fact, the passport with visa got drenched in the water in their flat in GF. By God's grace, the writings/endorsement remained not affected very much and they had to dry the papers in the I floor flat of another tenant. With a lot of cajoling the authorities in the airport, he could fly off.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Because people are angry when truth is brought out for velachery. Probabily these guys have land there.
    CommentQuote
  • Price per Sq.Ft for SIS meridian or Ceebros

What should be price per sq.ft for a SIS meridian property or Ceebros in Velachery?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by PKG
    What should be price per sq.ft for a SIS meridian property or Ceebros in Velachery?

resale flats are quoted @5000+
    CommentQuote
  • In velachry no new flat should cost more than Rs 3000 per sqft in this down turn eceonomy
    CommentQuote
    In velachry no new flat should cost more than Rs 3000 per sqft in this down turn eceonomy

But no one quotes Rs. 3000/sq. ft. It ranges between Rs. 4000 to 5500/sq.ft.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ks2071746

dear Ks, natraaj has only hypothesis he does not work on facts but speculates and his remarks should be taken with a pinch of salt.he is "the sky is falling" kind.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ks2071746

Seller will quote like that only. We need to bargain. Who will pay Rs 5000 for water logging & mosquitoe bites

That too, due to IT doom, rental value is coming down
    CommentQuote
  • Hidden Agenda

When Natraaj posts the reasonable/prevailing prices ,We could see some members are trying to hike the price .

Am not sure how many of the members are potential home buyers and howmany are the speculators/builders/MarketingAgents .

Could see people telling that even approved homeloans are not disbursed as the projects are growing with the banks expectations. So when you have cash you can find less than Rs 2700 in Velachery.

Cheers .
    CommentQuote
  • Sellers Quote

Sellers will even quote exotic Rs 7000 per sqft.

But as a buyer we have to bargain for the reasonable price . Because you know the value of money/repayability/time taken to pay/repay .

Dont be gullible as some of the fools who helped the greedy selers/promoters during 2005-06 .

Just be realistic ... All will be benefitted..
    CommentQuote