Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Chennai Property Prices Fall Going To Fall In Near Future?

Collapse
X
Collapse

Are Chennai Property Prices Fall Going To Fall In Near Future?

Last updated: January 7 2010
263 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Are Chennai Property Prices Fall Going To Fall In Near Future?

Talk is cheap. And talking that way only cheapens you

Originally posted by Natarajg007 View Post
    Dude in 2003 a top guy with the best qualifications (CEO,VP, GM level) was earning about 25 to 30L p.a. In 2007 any donkey picked up such salaries and the top guys talk in Cs not Ls. So if your american comparison has to happen I will be able to recruit fresh engineers from campus for Rs 2K to Rs 5K per month salary. That is assuming realestate prices come to 2004 levels in USA.
    I am getting sick of these Bald Eagles and Kangaroos comparing India with their adopted countries when they dont know anything about India except that they probably were born here or raised here, by their overbearing parents who would not have let these dudes even know how to earn a rupee on their own till they left the shores of India. So these dudes need to learn how to wash their neighbouring cars and pick up pocket money like the american 16yr old or live in India like me to understand either country. NRI-Non Real Indian.

Dude, Nataraj,

In 2003, yours truly was one of those top guys with one of those best qualifications earning one of those top salaries (I already had 18 years experience in IT with some of the best companies by then). So, don't tell me about it. I have that experience. You DON'T!!!

Some of the top CEOs in some of the top companies are my classmates. So, don't go there as well. Well, 2 years ago, I was talking like this and they were polite to me (but must have thought I was going cuckoo). Now they listen because, for all their position and designation I could see this while they couldn't and its starting to hurt them seriously.

And don't trash-talk everyone around as though you have been there, done that! I can bet that you cannot even reach the levels I have even if you tried all your life. But thats besides the point.

Lets talk data. Lets talk logic. Lets talk predictive analysis through pattern matching . As far as I'm concerned, I tried to be reasonable. But you are hopeless. You fully deserve whats coming to you.

For me, I will move on and your chapter is closed.

cheers and all the best.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseman View Post
      Dude, Nataraj,

In 2003, yours truly was one of those top guys with one of those best qualifications earning one of those top salaries (I already had 18 years experience in IT with some of the best companies by then). So, don't tell me about it. I have that experience. You DON'T!!!

Some of the top CEOs in some of the top companies are my classmates. So, don't go there as well. Well, 2 years ago, I was talking like this and they were polite to me (but must have thought I was going cuckoo). Now they listen because, for all their position and designation I could see this while they couldn't and its starting to hurt them seriously.

And don't trash-talk everyone around as though you have been there, done that! I can bet that you cannot even reach the levels I have even if you tried all your life. But thats besides the point.

Lets talk data. Lets talk logic. Lets talk predictive analysis through pattern matching . As far as I'm concerned, I tried to be reasonable. But you are hopeless. You fully deserve whats coming to you.

For me, I will move on and your chapter is closed.

cheers and all the best.
      Wiseman, you are good at blowing your head off! Pity the company that kept you at the top level. As for me I was in the position I mentioned (whether you were or not!?) in 2003, so stop farting buddy. And I am using my salary as an approximate basis. Whatever I told about salaries are truth, just that you dont seem to know. Incidentally I am an IIT Grad of 1985 and I go by data, not by euphemisms as you seem to. Calling yourself Wiseman does not necessarily make you wise. Well you seem to have relished hijacking this board and when someone like me enters you certainly need to feel bad, but well buddy that is what makes IITians innovative! Take care and think before you shoot arrows at your image! LOL!

Comment

Great show...What factual data does Wiseman present except his imaginary assumptions. Almost like those biochemists of Korea who forge data! Comeon buddy, learn some economics and from books, not from Wiseman.

Comment

Wisemen ..Plz keep up the good work...Just igore people who dont like yr comments...

Comment

Wiseman, you are good at blowing your head off! Pity the company that kept you at the top level. As for me I was in the position I mentioned (whether you were or not!?) in 2003, so stop farting buddy. And I am using my salary as an approximate basis. Whatever I told about salaries are truth, just that you dont seem to know. Incidentally I am an IIT Grad of 1985 and I go by data, not by euphemisms as you seem to. Calling yourself Wiseman does not necessarily make you wise. Well you seem to have relished hijacking this board and when someone like me enters you certainly need to feel bad, but well buddy that is what makes IITians innovative! Take care and think before you shoot arrows at your image! LOL!
            If you have made 2K-5K rupees per month back in 2003, then you must have worked as a driver, autowala, fruit vendor, veg-vendor, cook, watchman in jewellery shop(thats what we paid for our gate keeper in our shop).

I don't think IT guys guys drew 2K-5K salary back in 2003 and 2004. I think you are in coma, Natarag.

You are an IIT graduate and you just made 2K per month in 2003? What a shame Natarag. May be you must have worked as a lab assistance/technician.

Even 2K is less for lab technicians i believe. You must be a poor guy then.
            Last edited November 19 2008, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Great show...What factual data does Wiseman present except his imaginary assumptions. Almost like those biochemists of Korea who forge data! Comeon buddy, learn some economics and from books, not from Wiseman.
              What books you read Natarag? Saroja Devi for economics????

Comment

which upcoming location in chennai can become the next Anna Nagar in the next 10 yrs. Any Guess

Also the location should have reasonable rental demand. Any thoughts appericated.

Comment

Lets not get personal

Originally posted by strongsville View Post
                  What books you read Natarag? Saroja Devi for economics????

Hi folks,

If you noticed the news today, the banks are finally starting to sit on real estate companies. Basically saying, you can't borrow money from us, (over)build and then sit on the loans without paying up. And RBI is getting stern about it.

The choice given to them (RE) is either reduce prices and increase sales (in the hope that you can repay us) OR we will sieze property and sell at any price we get to get back our money. Apparently Unitech (which has also put its corporate office on the block) is due to repay around 2500 crores. So the haste to desperately sell off their assets.

The chairman of CREDAI came on TV and say they have asked RE companies to oblige OR ELSE.

Guess the price reduction being recommended. 25% - 30%!

As far as I can see, this is just the beginning. The writing is already on the wall - except for some who refuse to see iit (pun intended ).

Anecdotal evidence on reduction of production, buildup of overcapacity is starting to happen. Of course, people will be in denial about the duration and typically say, "this is only till Jan 2009" and so on. Basically no one really knows, though all people in positions of power know that if they go public with alarmist statements, they might just get to the head of the list to go first .

As I have continued to say, the beginning of serious job losses will be the time the slope will steepen. Lets see.

cheers

Comment

Wiseman

i can see that you are very knowledgeable:
                    You know what, not from you, but i am sick of waiting for Chennai RE to tank, i have been hearing thatChennai RE is over priced and will fall.
                    so i missed few good deals (2nd hand flats in tnagar/mambalam area). the quotes which were 3.5k to 5.5k for 10 year old flats back in early - mid 07 are now quoted much more.
                    honestly, theory is fine. but will the prices fall and get more relaistic - in the city.
                    if not huge fall, atleast will it get to 07 levels and if so when?
                    i see that you mention 6-9 months from now, with so many variables, things may change by then.
                    this is like bulls telling long term india story intact kinda stuff. nobody knows what that long term really is!

no offense meant. but i am losing my patience

Comment

Originally posted by strongsville View Post
                      If you have made 2K-5K rupees per month back in 2003, then you must have worked as a driver, autowala, fruit vendor, veg-vendor, cook, watchman in jewellery shop(thats what we paid for our gate keeper in our shop).

I don't think IT guys guys drew 2K-5K salary back in 2003 and 2004. I think you are in coma, Natarag.

You are an IIT graduate and you just made 2K per month in 2003? What a shame Natarag. May be you must have worked as a lab assistance/technician.

Even 2K is less for lab technicians i believe. You must be a poor guy then.
                      Now Strongville, you have shown your true colours. So u are engaging me in verbal duel trying to abuse me. I will let you pass, as you are but a chamcha of Wiseman.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X