X
Collapse

Last updated: April 16 2012
4 | Posts
2270 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am trying to buy a 1475sq ft appartment near Madipakkam ram nagar bazar rd opposite to reliance fresh.
    I want to know if there is any major concerns in buying a peoperty there

1. water quality
    2. per sq ft price. ( whati have asked for is 1475 sq ft for 58 lacks )
    3. effect of the dump yard in pallikaranai and surroundings
    4. Water logging in rainy season.

any thing else that i need to know.

- Is it true that there is a big bus terminus coming near by ?
    - When will the drainage system be completed ?
    - Any idea about cement roads ?

please help me. I am a first time property buyer and i am very scared to make a decision.

If you have other suggestion please letme know.

Re : Location: Ram Nagar Bazar Road, Chennai

Originally posted by arundev View Post

1. water quality .
    Check yourself in the neighbourhood.

2. per sq ft price. ( whati have asked for is 1475 sq ft for 58 lacks ).
    Others may help here.Am not familiar with the current rates.

3. effect of the dump yard in pallikaranai and surroundings .
    Again go around and see for yourself.

4. Water logging in rainy season..
    If you cant wait till rains and inspect yourself, ask people living there how it was in previous rainy season. I have seen a lot of water logging in Madipakkam.But you should check regarding your specific location by yourself.

any thing else that i need to know.

- Is it true that there is a big bus terminus coming near by ?
    - When will the drainage system be completed ?
    - Any idea about cement roads ?
    Again check with local people /Government offices concerned.

please help me. I am a first time property buyer and i am very scared to make a decision.
    Relax.Dont rush through a deal.Get all the information,Verify all the documents throughly before closing the buy.If you are not convinced, Go for a property in the same /another area in the vicinity from a reputed builder.

Comment

@corvette: dude, ur reply is not helpful.. in case u wanted to play it safe.. better not reply .. cos a person seeking advice is desparate for some useful info and ur response wud only frustrate someone.. well atleast me, as i wanted to hear some gud response.. better let ppl staying in madipakkam to reply.. its to all in the forum who come up with "look for urself" advice.. cheers

@arundev: i am in same position as u.. as far as i have seen.. Madipakkam is a developing area.. in case u r looking for rental returns and dont intend to stay there for next 2 years may be u can look to invest.. then i wud say its worth.. cos as any developing area it has its issues like low-lying area, water logging.. bad grnd water, need to buy drinkng water.. very bad drainage disposal.. just goes to deep ground.. mosquito :-( .. these all r my friends/agents feedback

the gud things..excellent connectivity(many buses, few stops away from vijayngr bus stand, mrts) can go to both omr and gst, included in corporation and work started for drainage and water(no one knows when it will be over), closer to heart of city.. adyar and t.nagar is 12 kms away..

hope u got some idea.. medavakkam is cheaper and has better grnd water.. but still not in corporation yet and 8-9 kms away from mrts .. but with ur budget i wud suggest S & S's sarvam as its in a very gud area .. according to me.. hope this was useful..

Comment

Originally posted by vettipayyan View Post
        @corvette: dude, ur reply is not helpful.. in case u wanted to play it safe.. better not reply .. its to all in the forum who come up with "look for urself" advice.. cheers
        Mate- Intention is not to frustrate anyone or to play safe....As I see it, first hand information is the best source of information.Simple things like water quality,water logging, mosquitoes etc would take just a few
        visits to check. After all when one is planning to invest so much
        money, there are few things one needs to do by themselves (or through some reliable known person).

There may be somethings like whether a particular builder is reliable, quality of construction/Time over runs/Hidden Costs in past projects/Customer service etc where forum members can help based on past experiences.This is my opinion.Differences always welcome. :-)

Cheers.

Comment

Good that u took it in the right sense.. becos I was just being frank.. :-)
          Your intention is gud.. but ur reply will confuse ppl even more.. its not that this forum's the only place ppl will believe.. this is may be the 2nd or the 3rd opinion apart from visits and stuff.. This forum is to share useful info and help one another and ur reply was too vague.. Even things like construction quality/time overrun are not in our hand.. it only upto builder... he might do well in one and flop in the other ;-)
          Also Simple things turn out to be severe headaches in future..

Thanks again for the understanding and yes.. Opinions differ :-)

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
          Working...
          X