Hello friends,

I am looking for a independent house with gated community in and around chennai. Whether there is any good project from good builder?. I am looking for locations along the train route. Good construction and timely completion of the project are the criteria.

Please give your suggestions.
Read more
10 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • SARE Meadowville located at 3.5 km from Singaperumal Koil railway station is one gated community having independent house you can consider. Other projects are Mahidhara Central , ETA Star are two other projects you may look at but they are not near stations. Disclaimer is that I don't know about the quality or delivery excellence of these builders.
    CommentQuote
  • ETA Le Chalet price appreciation from 2009 to 2012 (From "price trends 2009" thread):

Feb'09 fairpro price - 26 to 37 lakhs
    Feb'10 fairpro price - 21 to 36 lakhs
    Feb'11 fairpro price - 25.5 lakhs onwards (3250/sq ft)

Current price - pretty much the same!!
    CommentQuote
  • Why hasn't it appreciated in the last 3 years?
    Looks like actually its price has fallen(esp with the high inflation)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by randomguy
    Why hasn't it appreciated in the last 3 years?

Lots of outskirts have not appreciated a lot in last 5 years.

Look at my thread.

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/chennai-real-estate/30965-investment-sholinganallur-vs-nallambakkam-vs-mahindra-world-city?t=32894

Prices have tripled in CBD in last 4-5 years. In last 2 years prices have gone up 50-60% in most areas of the city.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by randomguy
    Why hasn't it appreciated in the last 3 years?

This article that came yesterday in Hindu answers why Le Chalet has not appreciated:

The Hindu : Life & Style / Homes & Gardens : Chennai realty rates in for a respite?

Land or house in middle of nowhere is not going to appreciate unless people are very bullish about potential and demand outstrips supply.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Love4land

Land or house in middle of nowhere is not going to appreciate unless people are very bullish about potential and demand outstrips supply.

Good point !. Those bullish on places like Oragadam or beyond should have this in mind.
    CommentQuote
  • What about Guduvanchery ? I have investment in Guduvanchery. Should i exit or hold ?
    CommentQuote
  • I do not know about appreciation prospects. Other members can give better suggestion.

Does snot make sense to sell RE if you are not planing to reinvest the proceeds.

So Hold for sure unless you get another good opportunity.
    CommentQuote
  • Thank you @K11
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,

I am looking to buy a plot in a good gated community in Chennai, developed by a trustworthy developer.

I want to start the construction in 2 years from now.

Most of the plotted layouts in Chennai are not gated communities, so far as I saw.

The areas that I am looking for are, Medavakakkam, Sithalapakkam, Ottiyambakkam, Thalambur, Ponmar, Mambakkam, Selayur, could be till Tambaram.

If I find a gated community, its either in deep reachers like Sobha Evergreen or somewhere in Oragadam, beyonf Poonamalee, which I dont prefer.

I liked Sobha Evergreens, but it's much far away.

Are there plots in gated communities in the areas that I mentioned above, where I am loooking for.

Kindly suggest.

Thanks

Raja Guru

CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • Bluesky3 months ago
      Check this https://www.vgn.in/project/mayfield_park layout from VGN which is near Tambaram and surrounded by houses. I think price should be 5100 per sqft based on the enquiry I did some 3 months before.