42 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Suggestions: Apartment for 10L in Chennai

Chennai RE

Originally posted by sethugm View Post
    Helo ks2071746 ,

Its nice that you are sharing very valuable information.

I beleive that this forum is not used to market certain builders.

Cheers.
    Dear sethugm, I fully agree with you. None should use this platform either to promote any specific builder or throw mud on any one else. The members should share their rather real experiences than hearsay type views for the benefit of all the members and guest viewers, be it a good or bad experience.

ks2071746:p

Comment

Originally posted by whatheheck
      ROTFL, ROTFL,

If IT was not the cause of this RE boom, then what driven this market?? Do you think its it because of PTC bus drivers, auto rickshaw and small time street side fruit vendors like you??
      Good question.

I should have asked this question.

Let the one man army in this forum anser for this

thanks

chataara

Comment

It is not PTC dricer or auto driver but the common public who drive the boom

Comment

Could be. IT work force is young. But who bought it ?

Thanks,
          Salim.

Comment

IT force is young by agewise.

But physically they are old becuase of hectic work & time schdule.

They are not bale to allocate time even for wife.

Pathetic situation. Their sexual life is like old men's

Comment

So, you have 2 logins now. It wouldn't take long for us to recognize if both long and short version are the same.

You are stretching my premise a bit too much. I suggest let's stick to the point here.

Comment

Chennai RE

[quote=sridharchennai;10199]Hi KS

Someone in this forum was speaking about Orchid springs by Alliance in Padi. When they first came up some 1.5 years back their price per sqft was rs4000/sqft. Remember their model flat was constructed some 2 years back. Now they officially launched it some 2 weeks back for rs2999/sqft they say it's an introductry offer.

I know they are struggling to get the approval for a long time as I personally know some big heads there, but they are confident that they will get the approval. So these kind of moves by RE companies makes me to wait and watch.

You have said that the price in chennai will not come down more than 10%. I fear I do not agree with you on this. I myself have a apartment in perungudi, which I got in 2004. When I tried to sell it some two months back I was not getting the prices, which I got quoted in 2007. So I decided to keep the flats for a long run.

My experience tells me that the prices are already down by 15% - 20% and they will not bounce back in 2009 as the world economy will not revive in 2009 (IMF chief statement today in ibnlive.com).

I don't know whether the prices will hit rock bottom, but I'm pretty sure that it's not gonna go up.

Dear Sridhar,
                Thanks for your frank comments. I also agree, the prices will not go up. They may even come down to some extent. Only thing is that it may not be to the tune of 30% etc. in the case of already fast progressing projects, may be new launches where they may increase the offer rates and offer good discounts or free items. For such of those projects in advanced stages of constructions, the reductions may be to the tune of maximum 10% or even lower, as the promoter would have bought the land at higher prices, used steel, cement etc. bought at the earlier high prices. Even in the case of discounted prices in new projects, the quality may be on a lower side and after all the real quality of construction will come to the fore only after a few years and not within an year or two. In any case, if the prices come down, the buyers will be the beneficieries and they should select good projects as these are one's life time purchase.

ks2071746

Comment

Builders

Originally posted by ks2071746 View Post
                  Dear Sridhar,
                  Thanks for your frank comments. I also agree, the prices will not go up. They may even come down to some extent. Only thing is that it may not be to the tune of 30% etc. in the case of already fast progressing projects, may be new launches where they may increase the offer rates and offer good discounts or free items. For such of those projects in advanced stages of constructions, the reductions may be to the tune of maximum 10% or even lower, as the promoter would have bought the land at higher prices, used steel, cement etc. bought at the earlier high prices. Even in the case of discounted prices in new projects, the quality may be on a lower side and after all the real quality of construction will come to the fore only after a few years and not within an year or two. In any case, if the prices come down, the buyers will be the beneficieries and they should select good projects as these are one's life time purchase.

ks2071746
                  Thanks KS for your insightful post especially knowing more from a builders poit of view.

Builders buying lands on higher price , is not the buyers problem . so its unwise to pass the bug on the customers.So if the builder has commited a mistake let him suffer . Buyer pls dont bear the high EMIs for builders mistake ie buying the land at high price.

Re Quality , More than 90 % builders are more interested in minting money and not much bothered about quality whether you high or low SQFT Prices.So the customers has to ensure that the builders provide the quality materials and also at the correct SQFT Price.Its you the customer who has to ensure quality otherwise the builder will try dumping inferior materials.

Itstead of shouldering 15-25 years loans , Pls wait for the correct bargain . Waiting for good deal for another 6-12 months will reduce our 6-12 years burden .

Wait and Win.
                  Last edited December 27 2008, 09:31 AM. Reason: Correction

Comment

[QUOTE=ks2071746;10389]
                    Originally posted by sridharchennai View Post
                    Hi KS

Someone in this forum was speaking about Orchid springs by Alliance in Padi. When they first came up some 1.5 years back their price per sqft was rs4000/sqft. Remember their model flat was constructed some 2 years back. Now they officially launched it some 2 weeks back for rs2999/sqft they say it's an introductry offer.

I know they are struggling to get the approval for a long time as I personally know some big heads there, but they are confident that they will get the approval. So these kind of moves by RE companies makes me to wait and watch.

You have said that the price in chennai will not come down more than 10%. I fear I do not agree with you on this. I myself have a apartment in perungudi, which I got in 2004. When I tried to sell it some two months back I was not getting the prices, which I got quoted in 2007. So I decided to keep the flats for a long run.

My experience tells me that the prices are already down by 15% - 20% and they will not bounce back in 2009 as the world economy will not revive in 2009 (IMF chief statement today in ibnlive.com).

I don't know whether the prices will hit rock bottom, but I'm pretty sure that it's not gonna go up.

Dear Sridhar,

ks2071746
                    Flats are for living, land is for investment. Hope that message is getting into the numb skins on this board.

Comment

[quote=Natarajg007;10608]
                      Originally posted by ks2071746 View Post
                      Flats are for living, land is for investment. Hope that message is getting into the numb skins on this board.
                      Dear natarajg007,

Some little correction. Flats are for living as well as some reasonable appreciation over a period of time. Whereas land can be for investment mostly if selected rightly and one can wait for longer periods. As far as I could see, black money plays a very big role in RE that too more in land deals.

ks2071746

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X