Hi there,

Now a day’s lot of real estate frauds are happening everywhere in Chennai. Lots of things need to be considered when you buy a house (life time achievement). Builders are making money from us and they are selling 100s of 1000s houses, multiple projects etc. But for us, we are working hard for just one home.

I would like to open this thread to let everyone knows about your experience particularly bad experience, so that your experience would be a lesson to everyone. I would like your support in identifying immoral builders as well to keep them away.

I am having very bad experience with the Chennai based builder and its going for more than 2.5 years now that will be posted soon in details..

Thanks a lot
Subra
Read more
42 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Yes. Good Idea. Hope we can see more posts, Useful to all.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,

I saw one house 8 months ago in velacherry, visited chennai this month. That project is still in the same phase. looks like it is not progressing.
    Good that i didnot buy that property. Dont know whether i can reveal their name here?

Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • House in Vadapalani

I was evaluating a 1400 sq ft flat in Vadapalani, opposite to AVM studios. The builder asked for 10,000 Rs deposit to give me all documents. My lawyer told me that the building has significant deviation. According to CMDA approvals received, the builder can build only 4000 sq ft of built up area but this builder has built around 8000 sq ft.

When I went back, he returned the money after much gyan on how common deviations are in Chennai, I am losing out on property etc etc..

A good example of a fly by night promoter looking to make quick money.

The promoter's office/house is in Shenoy Nagar.
    CommentQuote
  • Please dont do this mistake of Giving money and take the paper. Now its your time. Builders are in trouble. If they wanna sell let them give the paper. Max you can give the money to make a XEROX copy.

I did the same mistake 2 yrs Back and it took 1 yr to get the money back.
    So please avoid this situation.:o

Thanks,
    Arindam
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Subra,
    Please share your experience so that the other members will be benefitted by avoiding such builders.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Jaya,
    Please reveal the name of the builder so that the prospective buyers can be safe by avoiding such builders.
    CommentQuote
  • For better articles and write-ups

Originally Posted by Subra
    Hi there,
    Now a day’s lot of real estate frauds are happening everywhere in Chennai. Lots of things need to be considered when you buy a house (life time achievement). Builders are making money from us and they are selling 100s of 1000s houses, multiple projects etc. But for us, we are working hard for just one home.
    I would like to open this thread to let everyone knows about your experience particularly bad experience, so that your experience would be a lesson to everyone. I would like your support in identifying immoral builders as well to keep them away.
    I am having very bad experience with the Chennai based builder and its going for more than 2.5 years now that will be posted soon in details..
    Thanks a lot Subra

:D Property Fraud is a topic which is beyond the scope of a FORUM or BLOG and especially in a city like Chennai, with so muh of corruption and Politics, you may just feel like being exploited.
    CommentQuote
  • Why worry about the price alone? Check area

I bought a duplex house in Chennai of 1500 sft. The promoter was selling the same model Duplex house as 1700 after some months and after a few months the same was further marketed as 1850! When I asked the builder how it is marketed at higher sft area he explained to me that he is now adding overhead tank surface as built up area and later added the underground sump also to the built up area etc., He tried to explain that he gave me lesser sft for calculation of price for the same house! Is there no government control over such practices which takes away the hard earned money of middle class individuals? Is it not a criminal offence? Which buyer cares to measure the carpet area and plinth area? What the government is doing to protect public interest? There should be government regulation that builder should handover the calculation method to each buyer and that should have been approved by CMDA etc. Can anyone take it up with CMDA/ government in the public interest?
    CommentQuote
  • Hi everyone...

Hi everyone,

I had very good experience with Builder called KG.. they are providing very good quality and service. if you dont want a bad stories, you can reach them and get a dream house.

Regds..
    Googly...
    CommentQuote
  • Its important to be specific and details!

Originally Posted by Googly
    Hi everyone,

I had very good experience with Builder called KG.. they are providing very good quality and service. if you dont want a bad stories, you can reach them and get a dream house.

Regds..
    Googly...

Dear Googly,

This is not to offend you. But you need to be a little more specific.

For example, if someone told you the same thing (YYY builder gives good quality and service), what would be the first few questions that come to your mind? (I'm sure some do).

So, when you answer these very same questions you will have also satisfied other readers thirst for knowledge so they can safeguard their money investing with the right builders. Eg, what does quality mean? Have you checked what quality is, from these builders? On what parameters do you compare quality?

Similarly again, what does service mean?

I'm just putting this down so that your message can have much more value for the readers. Also, another benefit is, when messages get richer with content and more specific, it becomes a standard for the forum and we will se more traffic here as people are always attracted to better quality of information.

cheers
    CommentQuote
  • It is nice to see someone like u Googly speaking positively about some builder. It is sad that some one questions you because you spoke positively. Let us know about good and bad builders. Dont be frightened to speak out.
    CommentQuote
  • Wiseman, why are you so pessimistic. If someone says that a builder XYZ is good, u question him immediately. Did u question anyone who said a builder is bad. Do u need psychatric counselling to get you out of your deep hate for anything positive. Ur depressing behaviour is not good for this board.
    CommentQuote
  • I'm only depressive. You are oppressive :)

Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    Wiseman, why are you so pessimistic. If someone says that a builder XYZ is good, u question him immediately. Did u question anyone who said a builder is bad. Do u need psychatric counselling to get you out of your deep hate for anything positive. Ur depressing behaviour is not good for this board.

Dude, Nats,

You must be beyond even the best of psychiatrists since even they would go nuts trying to figure out the sphagetti in your head :D!

No, I've not gone nuts. I'm just learning from you how to be obnoxious - and with my superior vocabulary simply make you go nuts by being better than you at it - even more than you are already!!!

I'm only talking about the coming depression. And one needs to sound depressed when one speaks of such things, not be cheery about getting screwed in life. As someone said, time to be scared now, than be screwed later :p.

But you are oppressive. What kind of economic climate would need to be there for a person to become oppressive? And beyond that, repulsive?

Think about it (if the noodles that substitutes for your brain can allow you to think straight).

I can't talk the price down. Neither can you talk the price up - even by posting your pathetic attempts to do so on EVERY post on this forum. You will only end up pissing off people (if that is possible after already doing so to such a large extent).

We are always keen to have your IIT analysed views - IF you can get over your childishness and come up with something that resembles serious analysis. Instead of talking about Mathematics, why don't you actually do some math and show us. I'm waiting to be convinced.

As I already said, there is a time for being positive. And a time for being negative. Be realistic :D!!!

cheers
    CommentQuote
  • @Natarajg007. The developer/RE agents have developed the Bad name for their own Karma. Its like a credibility. If you get Good servicr you will go ther.

RE agents has lost all the Credibility. They are Chor/fraud... What ever you say. You must be knowing If the credibility lost for a company how the stock value react.

Sale log hameshe ullu banane ke kosis kartha hai. We coomon man has lost all the toleration.

Hope you understood.
    CommentQuote
  • With Due Respect

@wiseman

You dont have to respond wiseman to nataraj.Please concentrate to help others with your advice.

@Nataraj

Please concentrate on your stuff but not wasting your time either.

Hatred discussions is not going to help anybody, needless to say you guys are more experienced and know better than i do.
    CommentQuote