Last updated: July 31 2009
42 | Posts
8286 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Experience with Builders/Developers

Hi there,

Now a day’s lot of real estate frauds are happening everywhere in Chennai. Lots of things need to be considered when you buy a house (life time achievement). Builders are making money from us and they are selling 100s of 1000s houses, multiple projects etc. But for us, we are working hard for just one home.

I would like to open this thread to let everyone knows about your experience particularly bad experience, so that your experience would be a lesson to everyone. I would like your support in identifying immoral builders as well to keep them away.

I am having very bad experience with the Chennai based builder and its going for more than 2.5 years now that will be posted soon in details..

Thanks a lot
    Subra

Re : Your Experience with Builders/Developers

Yes. Good Idea. Hope we can see more posts, Useful to all.

Comment

Hi,

I saw one house 8 months ago in velacherry, visited chennai this month. That project is still in the same phase. looks like it is not progressing.
      Good that i didnot buy that property. Dont know whether i can reveal their name here?

Thanks.

Comment

House in Vadapalani

I was evaluating a 1400 sq ft flat in Vadapalani, opposite to AVM studios. The builder asked for 10,000 Rs deposit to give me all documents. My lawyer told me that the building has significant deviation. According to CMDA approvals received, the builder can build only 4000 sq ft of built up area but this builder has built around 8000 sq ft.

When I went back, he returned the money after much gyan on how common deviations are in Chennai, I am losing out on property etc etc..

A good example of a fly by night promoter looking to make quick money.

The promoter's office/house is in Shenoy Nagar.

Comment

Please dont do this mistake of Giving money and take the paper. Now its your time. Builders are in trouble. If they wanna sell let them give the paper. Max you can give the money to make a XEROX copy.

I did the same mistake 2 yrs Back and it took 1 yr to get the money back.
          So please avoid this situation.

Thanks,
          Arindam
          Either land or AIR and FOOD. Choice is yours.

Comment

Dear Subra,
            Please share your experience so that the other members will be benefitted by avoiding such builders.

Comment

Dear Jaya,
              Please reveal the name of the builder so that the prospective buyers can be safe by avoiding such builders.

Comment

For better articles and write-ups

Originally posted by Subra View Post
                Hi there,
                Now a day’s lot of real estate frauds are happening everywhere in Chennai. Lots of things need to be considered when you buy a house (life time achievement). Builders are making money from us and they are selling 100s of 1000s houses, multiple projects etc. But for us, we are working hard for just one home.
                I would like to open this thread to let everyone knows about your experience particularly bad experience, so that your experience would be a lesson to everyone. I would like your support in identifying immoral builders as well to keep them away.
                I am having very bad experience with the Chennai based builder and its going for more than 2.5 years now that will be posted soon in details..
                Thanks a lot Subra
                Property Fraud is a topic which is beyond the scope of a FORUM or BLOG and especially in a city like Chennai, with so muh of corruption and Politics, you may just feel like being exploited.

Comment

Why worry about the price alone? Check area

I bought a duplex house in Chennai of 1500 sft. The promoter was selling the same model Duplex house as 1700 after some months and after a few months the same was further marketed as 1850! When I asked the builder how it is marketed at higher sft area he explained to me that he is now adding overhead tank surface as built up area and later added the underground sump also to the built up area etc., He tried to explain that he gave me lesser sft for calculation of price for the same house! Is there no government control over such practices which takes away the hard earned money of middle class individuals? Is it not a criminal offence? Which buyer cares to measure the carpet area and plinth area? What the government is doing to protect public interest? There should be government regulation that builder should handover the calculation method to each buyer and that should have been approved by CMDA etc. Can anyone take it up with CMDA/ government in the public interest?

Comment

Hi everyone...

Hi everyone,

I had very good experience with Builder called KG.. they are providing very good quality and service. if you dont want a bad stories, you can reach them and get a dream house.

Regds..
                    Googly...

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X