Last updated: June 17 2012
1 | Posts
7922 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get CMDA Approval on Patta Land

Hi All,

I have applied for a G+1 floor plan for CMDA approval. My plot is not a approved plot but patta land. When I applied the authorities says that the plot is formed after 1989 so the approval is pending. Kindly let me know the significance of 1989 rule and how possible to get the approval. Also let me know how long it will take to get the approval in this situation as it has already went 3 month. Kindly help me in this.

Thanks in advance,
    Rajesh

Re : How to get CMDA Approval on Patta Land

1989 is the cut off year for lay outs. If the lay out was created before 1989, even without approval, MMDA still gave approvals for construction. If it was created after 1989, and is not an approved layout, then MMDA does not give approvals for construction. Although in the 90's MMDA had an amnesty scheme for unapproved layouts, whereby such layouts could apply for regularization, and building approvals were being issued by the MMDA. But such amnesty schemes have been stopped.

Nowadays, you have to go to the specific panchayat office for approvals. And even then, the lay out should have reserved open space for parks, have minimum road width, and then if you pay appropriate OSR charges you may get building approval, while the lay out is still unapproved.

But if the road width is less then the stipulated width, and there is no OSR, then the guy you have bought the plot from has taken you for a ride, and you will have to deal with all the officials at the panchayat office for approvals. Good luck.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
    Working...
    X