Hi,

I heard through my friends that property price is chennai is going down drastically. Does any one have an idea about this. I am a NRI. I recently bought a flat in Velacherry. Will the price go down more?

Thanks.
Read more
170 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by test1234
    I'm not getting my post displayed !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Probabily you are under " test"
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ks2071746
    Dear badrig,

Well said. This is the mentality of most people, though some may not like to agree to this truth. The same thing happens in share market also.

ks2071746:p

herd mentality is what trends, fashion and business is all about.

else why would anyone want to buy aptmts at far off places. which was not sellable 5 years ago.

15 years back nobody used to buy drinking water for the price equal to that of milk.
    today everyone buys bottled water. even in 5 stars where all water served is treated. stupid aint it.
    tradition is also herd mentality we do so many things bcoz our forefathers did without any basis.
    god is also herd mentality have you seen him.but we all believe in him bcoz from childhood we have been trained that god is there.
    so RE is not the only place for herd mentality.the whole world runs on herd mentality.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by test1234
    I'm not getting my post displayed !!!!!!!!!!!!!

i can see your post test i can see all your !!!!!!!!!!!
    stop this charade and lets see your reply,i dont think you are that D_mb:D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by newboy
    herd mentality is what trends, fashion and business is all about.

else why would anyone want to buy aptmts at far off places. which was not sellable 5 years ago.

15 years back nobody used to buy drinking water for the price equal to that of milk.
    today everyone buys bottled water. even in 5 stars where all water served is treated. stupid aint it.
    tradition is also herd mentality we do so many things bcoz our forefathers did without any basis.
    god is also herd mentality have you seen him.but we all believe in him bcoz from childhood we have been trained that god is there.
    so RE is not the only place for herd mentality.the whole world runs on herd mentality.

Your statement comparing BIsleri and Milk is BRILLIANT. ACtually folks like me keep a RO box at home and carry our own water, though at times if that is missing, we end up buying water at milk price. Ofcourse that is not because of herd mentality. SImply because we dont want to waste the price of a month's milk on the doctor, so better pay for the water in milk price.

Keep up the great thoughts New Boy.
    CommentQuote
  • ceedeeyes chennai pattinum are giving delivery of 1st phase flats in Jan 2011. It has been divided into 2 phases now . Manager says the demand slipped due to recession now only it is starting again but very slowly. around 921 houses booked.
    thiruporur road looks neat now . guduvancherry road sucks as usual. went to site just last week during rains.
    that supervisor ramachandran is a big time loser.....he pitches in for the actual supervisor selvaraj from time to time...this guy is harsh and mean, selvaraj is the same but he says things in gentle manner....
    Staff Courtesy at their adayar office and that of the workers at site who take you to show your houses are great. As stated above that supervisors suck...
    Local bus services are increasing...saw 4 buses when i went last week to the site...also in that thiruporur road electicity / lighting can be seen..so night time not much worry when coming this side.
    pending taks include gas connection by bharat gas, seperate sub station for electricity by local officials, sewage plant- all these are external agncies so it is getting delayed.
    a bit of road has been laid inside site. looks good...project coming up slowly but nicely....manager said they will pay 8% or so fine /month for delay :).
    in short .....but this as investment....trust me my father did that 20 yrs ago and now that flat isselling for 80 lacs now...however we dont have to wait that long for this to develop.....also another construction major is developing flats few km from ceedeeyes chennai pattinum towards guduvancherry side.....so that area is bound to develop.....
    enjoy... guduvancherry road sucks as usual. went to site just last week during rains.
    that supervisor ramachandran is a big time loser.....he pitches in for the actual supervisor selvaraj from time to time...this guy is harsh and mean, selvaraj is the same but he says things in gentle manner....
    Staff Courtesy at their adayar office and that of the workers at site who take you to show your houses are great. As stated above that supervisors suck...
    Local bus services are increasing...saw 4 buses when i went last week to the site...also in that thiruporur road electicity / lighting can be seen..so night time not much worry when coming this side.
    pending taks include gas connection by bharat gas, seperate sub station for electricity by local officials, sewage plant- all these are external agncies so it is getting delayed.
    a bit of road has been laid inside site. looks good...project coming up slowly but nicely....manager said they will pay 8% or so fine /month for delay :).
    in short .....but this as investment....trust me my father did that 20 yrs ago and now that flat isselling for 80 lacs now...however we dont have to wait that long for this to develop.....also another construction major is developing flats few km from ceedeeyes chennai pattinum towards guduvancherry side.....so that area is bound to develop.....
    enjoy... guduvancherry road sucks as usual. went to site just last week during rains.
    enjoy..
    CommentQuote