I have been looking to buy a residential plot / independent house within chennai city limits. For the last one month, hearing more about the real estate price is falling.

Is it the right time to buy the property or will it go below?

Also give your thought about the best / better place in chennai which is budget friendly and having more appreciation in future?
Read more
22 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Brokers

Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    Hmm. How does 1c, 2c or 10c matter? It depends on where and what size u talking about. So if you talking about 1acre in a village near Coimbatore it might cost a few lakhs and if u have sadly tenanted it, the tenant will like u to sell it for 25 thousand. That is happening in some of our ancestral lands!
    If u talking about 1ground of land (1/20th of an acre) in Mount road it might even cost 7crores. So why are u so obfuscated by the crore word. Is it a bad word since u can probably never afford it in the next say 10 years?

Hi 1C2C,

As usual you came out with no explanation and am sure you can never understand the facts and will keep saying 1C2C...7C.

I was referring to 2400 SQFT of plot as I have taken your quote "40 L property would have been quoted as 52 L by some brokers" . Am not surprised to see that you are not able to relate this .

I cant buy a land which is ridiculously priced as I dont see any economic value to pay he current prices .

It shows yours lack of maturity to talk about my affordability without knowing anything about me . How can you predict my affordability in the next 10 years ? Oh I can understand ..Its similar to 1C 2C 3C ..your imagination .
    CommentQuote
  • LIFO and FIFO

It is not a hard and fast rule that every IT professional must know about Queue and Stack. For that matter the guys who sit in India, doing some monotonous production support work of running batch jobs and maintaining crappy production boxes of a manufacturing company in Detroit down town need not know them and they are paid for what they are.

IMO, Indian (Cities) RE is largely sectored and each sector is driven by the relevant purchasing powered people. IT people now a days drive the middle class 25L to 50 or 60 L market and above that business class and black money people deal much.
    And I did not consider a VP or President of an IT company that earns more than 1C PA. They are rare elements and can be considered as business class.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gone_mad
    It is not a hard and fast rule that every IT professional must know about Queue and Stack. For that matter the guys who sit in India, doing some monotonous production support work of running batch jobs and maintaining crappy production boxes of a manufacturing company in Detroit down town need not know them and they are paid for what they are.

IMO, Indian (Cities) RE is largely sectored and each sector is driven by the relevant purchasing powered people. IT people now a days drive the middle class 25L to 50 or 60 L market and above that business class and black money people deal much.
    And I did not consider a VP or President of an IT company that earns more than 1C PA. They are rare elements and can be considered as business class.

Appreciated. Infact that is why I want to say that most IT folks are not really IT folks but are Clerks of yester years repackaged. So if you use Excel you are an Accounts guy or a Clerk not an IT guy, but today everyone thinks he is an IT guy. And incidentally even the 25L market of RE cant be driven by these clerks beyond a point. Think of it. A person getting 30K p.m. with let us say free cash of 10L from some parental assets tries to buy the 25L flat since he can get that 10L to 15L loan. Now he is squeezing the last ounce of his salary and then one day he loses his job! So such examples only add to misery of an individual not to the fall of RE prices. RE prices are a relative game and they dont get fixed upward as WISHED by the so called IT guy of XLS fame. It is rather the other way down. So the Business class buys at 2Cr and then one tenth of it or 20L is given to 1/10th of that space with the brokers chipping in to add that 5L and make it 25L. So I am clarifying the rules not saying more.
    Anyway Gonemad, I did notice you are a student and so your willingness to talk CLEAN is appreciated. You are more in SANE mode than many on this board and you should be here to make things lively. Cheersl.
    CommentQuote

Appreciated. Infact that is why I want to say that most IT folks are not really IT folks but are Clerks of yester years repackaged. So if you use Excel you are an Accounts guy or a Clerk not an IT guy, but today everyone thinks he is an IT guy. And incidentally even the 25L market of RE cant be driven by these clerks beyond a point. Think of it. A person getting 30K p.m. with let us say free cash of 10L from some parental assets tries to buy the 25L flat since he can get that 10L to 15L loan. Now he is squeezing the last ounce of his salary and then one day he loses his job! So such examples only add to misery of an individual not to the fall of RE prices. RE prices are a relative game and they dont get fixed upward as WISHED by the so called IT guy of XLS fame. It is rather the other way down. So the Business class buys at 2Cr and then one tenth of it or 20L is given to 1/10th of that space with the brokers chipping in to add that 5L and make it 25L. So I am clarifying the rules not saying more.
    Anyway Gonemad, I did notice you are a student and so your willingness to talk CLEAN is appreciated. You are more in SANE mode than many on this board and you should be here to make things lively. Cheersl.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Natarajg007

LOL nope, not exactly. My debut post talks about what I am.
    In your words, a silly IT guy with a silly education from a silly university that gave a silly Engineering degree who is now doing a silly part time MBA from yet another silly university LOL.

JK, no offences :D
    CommentQuote
  • I feel silly to be happy about your silly.... LOL... Silly mid off eh?
    CommentQuote
    LOL nope, not exactly. My debut post talks about what I am.
    In your words, a silly IT guy with a silly education from a silly university that gave a silly Engineering degree who is now doing a silly part time MBA from yet another silly university LOL.

JK, no offences :D

It looks rather CHILLY type than SILLY ones.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote