Hi Friends,

I'm sure you will know about the lauch of VGN's project in west mogappair. They have quocted a price of 2975. but when we do a detailed work out, the rate is almost 3500 during completion.

Is this a worthwhile invetsment? what do you think will be the rental in future?
Read more
11 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • The question is not the rate.

Whether they will be able to hand over in time in this fund crunch periods? Or Taking our money as advance & sitting pretty well?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by x_streamers1
    Hi Friends,
    I'm sure you will know about the lauch of VGN's project in west mogappair. They have quocted a price of 2975. but when we do a detailed work out, the rate is almost 3500 during completion.
    Is this a worthwhile invetsment? what do you think will be the rental in future?

This is a Project that is from a reputed builder and launched with lots of fanfare. But the question is , whether its Worth it?

Well, considering the present trend in Property investment, this project has a lot of extra amenities like swimming pool, lawn, mini theatre, multipurpose hall, gymnasium, jogging track, sauna and steam bath. So its the investors part to decide whether they want all these facilities.

For example, if its for a typical upper-middle-class family of four members, then the facilities are really worth the go. And more than that in any proposed project, you never know what will happen in the future and till you get the keys and occupy it, nothing is sure or guaranteed. And nobody can predict things in the future, so Todays economic situation is not worse and not good at the same time.

So investing in this project is according to your trust in the builder and the hope of a price rise in the near future and purely based on your gut feeling.

GOOD LUCK :)
    CommentQuote
  • More over steel prices have fallen by 30% and the labour cost also coming down. Since they are yet to build, all these reductions favour builder and they should pass it on to customers.

I think all inclusive price should not be more than Rs 3000 per sqft
    CommentQuote
  • simillarly, indiabulls is also going to construct a project near by medavakkan. the price will be the same as VGN. around 2700. But, it will increase once they get the approval. way2rental
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by metroplots
    This is a Project that is from a reputed builder and launched with lots of fanfare. But the question is , whether its Worth it?

VGN is not a reputed builder.VGN is a reputed layout promoter. i do not know any big VGN housing project in the cityThis is a Project that is from a reputed builder and launched with lots of fanfare. But the question is , whether its Worth it?

VGN is not a reputed builder.VGN is a reputed layout promoter. i do not know any big VGN housing project in the city
    CommentQuote
  • VGN property in Mogappair

I hope with all amenities & nearby developemets & roads, this property is worth.
    CommentQuote
  • FLAT to Hero/Heroine

If builder give some flat to few Film Industry hero at free of cost then I think Builder can sell some of the flat to Common man. As per my observation TN People are more inclined to Silver Screen. That might do a trick :):D
    No offense please !!! Just a thought.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by maeswaran
    More over steel prices have fallen by 30% and the labour cost also coming down. Since they are yet to build, all these reductions favour builder and they should pass it on to customers.

I think all inclusive price should not be more than Rs 3000 per sqft

This will never happen. Have you seen the Resutarant bringing Back to the Old Price, Auto start asking less as petrol price goes down, Car became Cheep as Steel price falls...
    CommentQuote
  • Does Mogapiar west has accessible roads !!

Originally Posted by arin_12
    This will never happen. Have you seen the Resutarant bringing Back to the Old Price, Auto start asking less as petrol price goes down, Car became Cheep as Steel price falls...

Regarding VGN project at mogapiar, though the amenities extended by the builder looks good, what about basic accessibility to the location. I had visited this place during last week. Accessibility is still questionable. Can somebody clarify regarding various accessible road available for this part of mogapiar please !
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by arin_12

Pl watch the news. It can be noticed builders/promotors are reducing the prices
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by arin_12

arin_12, your comparison is wrong. do you think those prices went up by 500% just like real estate?

Do you think price of dosa or vada went up by 500 to 1000 times? If yes, you might be paying 40 rupees for one vada and 180 rupees for dosa. Do you think Saravanabhavan charges that much?

Vada used to cost 5 rupees and one dosa cost 15 rupees back in 2000. I haven't been to saravanabhavan for the past 10 yrs since i came to US. So i can not verify the current price.
    CommentQuote