Collapse

Doshi Nakshatra, Doshi Builders, Tambaram, Chennai

Last updated: January 1 2009
28 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Doshi Nakshatra, Doshi Builders, Tambaram, Chennai

Yeah, you are right. IT people were in the center of the spending spree until last year. Now, look who is laughing. The rest of the pack,now look, much wiser than the IT crowd. We have only ourselves to blame. :-(

Thanks,
    Salim.

Comment

Originally posted by alwayscheerfull View Post
      I had booked a flat in Tambaram Project under Doshi builders on in july after paying Rs 1lakh as the booking amount. Subsequently, I had paid another Rs 3lakhs in september which I was told is the installment amount to be paid so as to enter into a sale agreement with me for this contract.Though I called up lot of times for the same it was told to me that the preparation of sale agreement will take time. After the sale agreement was finalised I was supposed to apply for the loan amount and thus proceed with the project.

I was working with Fidelity. I have lost my job now. I need to cancel the booking.
      I want to cancel my booking but my builder is saying I will lose 10% of the total amount i.e Rs 40,000. I am ok if I loose Rs 10,000. Can somebody advice how to go about this?
      This is a Classic situation and every builder would have come across such buyers with similar problems in their past, so naturally builders are aware of it and well prepared. But as in the case of the buyer, mostly he will be a first time buyer, who is not well versed with the paper documents.

So now in your case,

1. You must check with all the documents you had signed earlier with the builder. If such a clause is mentioned earlier and if you would have signed it blindly then you hardly have a choice. Because legally you have agreed to it and signed with your full presence of mind. You are not an illiterate person and when you have the capacity to discuss such an issue in a Forum, might as well you could have taken the precaution of reading the documents you signed. Anyway, A Legal opinion from a lawyer who is proficient in property related cases is advisable.

2. You may ask the builder or promoter politely and explain your situation. And if you have another buyer who is interested in that same property, then you may introduce them and get the money from this New buyer.

GOOD LUCK!

Comment

Originally posted by alwayscheerfull View Post
        I had booked a flat in Tambaram Project under Doshi builders on in july after paying Rs 1lakh as the booking amount. Subsequently, I had paid another Rs 3lakhs in september which I was told is the installment amount to be paid so as to enter into a sale agreement with me for this contract.Though I called up lot of times for the same it was told to me that the preparation of sale agreement will take time. After the sale agreement was finalised I was supposed to apply for the loan amount and thus proceed with the project.

I was working with Fidelity. I have lost my job now. I need to cancel the booking.
        I want to cancel my booking but my builder is saying I will lose 10% of the total amount i.e Rs 40,000. I am ok if I loose Rs 10,000. Can somebody advice how to go about this?
        If I were you I would get that 3.6L into my bank before crying on this board. Think of the possibility that you dont get this 3.6L also. Not a wild one. Quite likely. And if you had 3.6L today it is better than getting the full 4L after 2 years.
        Finally folks like you who dont understand the value of money are in the real estate market. Think of all this like this. Your 4L is stuck. You should learn to scoot with the best you can otherwise you will left with nothing. Finally any joker asking you to sue is an idiot. I know insurance claim cases drag for 10years plus (personal experience), and realestate claims will take your great grandson to benefit at best.
        Finally I am surprised that Doshi is willing to give you 90% of amount without much ado in these depressing times. They must be good builders really!

Comment

Builders

Originally posted by Natarajg007 View Post
          They must be good builders really!
          Builders and Good !!! They are snakes. They have sucked the money like a octopus from Buyer ...
          Either land or AIR and FOOD. Choice is yours.

Comment

Probably the only time I would agree with Nats here !

If I were you I would get that 3.6L into my bank before crying on this board. Think of the possibility that you dont get this 3.6L also. Not a wild one. Quite likely. And if you had 3.6L today it is better than getting the full 4L after 2 years.
            Finally folks like you who dont understand the value of money are in the real estate market. Think of all this like this. Your 4L is stuck. You should learn to scoot with the best you can otherwise you will left with nothing. Finally any joker asking you to sue is an idiot. I know insurance claim cases drag for 10years plus (personal experience), and realestate claims will take your great grandson to benefit at best.
            Finally I am surprised that Doshi is willing to give you 90% of amount without much ado in these depressing times. They must be good builders really!

As I've already stated earlier, get the 3.6 lakhs out first. So, thats common sense and nothing to crow about!

And I have fought consumer court cases that just took around 6 months for sums even larger than 40k. So, it must be your attitude that made your case take 10 years plus :p.

The 90% they are offering is probably because they may not even have started construction to a meaningful level as to ask for first instalment. As this Fidelity guy says, 1 lakh was for booking and the 3 lakhs was for sale contract to be executed. No mention here about any money down for percentage completion. So, there is you probable answer for their willingness to offer 90%. Its not our of their goodness of heart that they are offering such sums. Besides paying off this poor guy might prevent a ruckus which might lead many others to also come in for cancellation. That might be another reason to hush it up. Just guessing - like all of us are!

cheers

Comment

"Finally I am surprised that Doshi is willing to give you 90% of amount without much ado in these depressing times. They must be good builders really!"

So Natraj, what do you mean by "depressing times"?

Comment

Depressing time : When dear Wiseman tells he is bankrupt and writing on this board because he gets Rs 5 per post! LOL!

Comment

Again. Random, tangential nonsense !

Depressing time : When dear Wiseman tells he is bankrupt and writing on this board because he gets Rs 5 per post! LOL!
                  As someone else said, he cooks up random numbers, ties them to random thoughts and posts them here.

Does anyone else know of where he got this Rs 5 per post amount and my financial condition?

He needs some serious psychiatric assistance!!!

Comment

I am sorry if your financial condition is worse than that! ROTFL.

Comment

Dear

Speak about the condition of real estate.

Individuals financial condition need not be discussed here

Thanks

Chataara

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X