Friends,

Thanks for your valuable time. What would be the reasonable rate/sft for a decent flat from builders (like jain, doshi etc) in area like perungudi / thoraipakkam etc. I am looking for one in this locality and want to get your advise on the price / builders etc. This is my first apartment and would like to be cautious. Appreciate any advise in this.

Thanks.
Read more
6 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • The time has come, that you can decide the price! Talk to any builder and they won't let you go away!

To start from somewhere, prices are 'supposed' to be down 20-30% from the levels quoted 6 months back i.e 3900/sqft in Perungudi/Thuraipakkam.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mrajmohan
    Friends,

Thanks for your valuable time. What would be the reasonable rate/sft for a decent flat from builders (like jain, doshi etc) in area like perungudi / thoraipakkam etc. I am looking for one in this locality and want to get your advise on the price / builders etc. This is my first apartment and would like to be cautious. Appreciate any advise in this.

Thanks.

3500/- to 4200/- check out areas near perungudi MRTS station should give you abetter investment value and accesibility. there or someplace near the OMR <300 mts
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks a lot for the reply. Much appreciated.
    CommentQuote
  • Do not pay more than Rs 3500 per sqft in Thuraipakkam area. In far off in OMR like kelambakkam etc it should not be more than Rs 3000 per sqft. Prices are falling as OMR depends only on IT sector which is in deep trouble.

No or less fresh recruitment/increment. More lay off expected in 2009
    CommentQuote
  • Not beyond Solinganallur

Originally Posted by maeswaran
    Do not pay more than Rs 3500 per sqft in Thuraipakkam area. In far off in OMR like kelambakkam etc it should not be more than Rs 3000 per sqft. Prices are falling as OMR depends only on IT sector which is in deep trouble.

No or less fresh recruitment/increment. More lay off expected in 2009

I do agree that the growth of OMR was based on IT and IT is/will be in a bad shape.but OMR already has agood connectivity (6 lane ) and many malls and multiplexes in the offing even if 50% of the proposed mall do not materialise it still will be a good residential place.
    ON OMR DONOT LOOK BEYOND SHOLINGANALLUR (law of distances):D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mrajmohan
    Friends,
    Thanks.

Well, In Perungudi and Thoraipakkam , the price is between 3200 to 3500 at present. It may come down a bit but you need to wait. Also try buying somewhere near the MRTS as this would help you get a better price in the future if at all you wanna sell it and move on somewhere else.

GOOD LUCK!:)
    CommentQuote